The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] New England Patriots sign Tim Tebow

Apple Juice

Flash in the pan. who cares? Who cares...the guy is a horrible quarterback. He had one fluke season with Denver and was piggybacked by Chris Leak to a National Championship. Tim Tebow is a sideshow, not a football player. And before any of you say anything about the Heisman Trophy I have two words: Troy Smith.

Yep. I easily see Tebow playing everywhere. From QB in wildcat to TE to WR to RB....heck, he'll probably play CB too when the undoubtful injuries kick in. Going to be cool seeing what happens...just hoping it doesn't turn into an Ochocinco situation where the guy isn't given a chance at all

This is a great pick up by the Pats.

Didn't cost them anything to get him.

He has great potential, and now will be able to grow under Brady and Belichik.

He is decent enough to have a 9-7 NFL win/loss record.

He won the Heisman Trophy.

Tebow - Hernandez back in action should be good. They will likely treat him as a project, work on his skills and hammer the footwork into his very DNA. It's possible, despite what many self proclaimed experts will say, just takes repetition and time. Something he will have an abundance of as a backup. Chances are they will move him at the end of the contract for a pick, but who knows, Brady's not a young man anymore..

The Jets straight ruined him, put on too much weight, made him slow and predictable with stupid plays. As much as I hate the Pats, this could be a good fit.

Tebow may arguably be the best college football player in history...he's got all the accolades and the Heisman to back that up...and I'm not denying that while in college he was a pretty good player...but this has gotten blown so far out of proportion..all the media frenzy...college success =/= NFL success. That's the bottom line..and he's not proven himself to be worthy of all this media attention at least from a football standpoint. I could honestly care less about the extracurricular attention whore stuff.

Notable Heisman Trophy winning busts in the NFL:

Troy Smith QB Baltimore Ravens played four years, flamed out, wound up in the UFL played in only 20 games won Heisman while at Ohio State

Danny Wuerffel QB New Orleans Saints played for five years, compiled less yardage in five years in the NFL than he amassed in his freshman season at Florida. Now works as an insurance company spokesperson.

Eric Crouch WR St Louis never played a game for the Rams converted to safety signed with the Chiefs finished his career with a total of 25 tackles and 2 passes defended. won Heisman at Nebraska

Andre Ware QB Detroit Lions started a grand total of five games and threw five touchdowns, won Heisman at University of Houston, only claim to fame: he was the first black QB to win the Heisman.

Gino Torretta QB drafted by Minnesota Vikings, played one game for the Seattle Seahawks in 8 year NFL "career" completed five passes for 41 yards a touchdown and an interception. Won Heisman at the University of Miami, became a Wachovia Securities Adviser.

Jason White QB white beat out Larry Fitzgerald and Eli Manning to win Heisman playing for Oklahoma. Went undrafted, signed on with Titans..never played a single down in the NFL. Now owns a business selling University of Oklahoma football memorabilia.

Rashaan Salaam RB Bears rushed for over 1000 yards his first season and 10 TDs which at the time was a Bears rookie record. Injuries and his inability to hold onto the football (nine fumbles in his rookie year alone) meant only playing three seasons, was picked up by the Browns, rushed for 2 more yards and then faded into oblivion.

Winning the Heisman as a QB means absolutely nothing Heretic.

Tebow may arguably be the best college football player in history...he's got all the accolades and the Heisman to back that up...and I'm not denying that while in college he was a pretty good player...but this has gotten blown so far out of proportion..all the media frenzy...college success =/= NFL success. That's the bottom line..and he's not proven himself to be worthy of all this media attention at least from a football standpoint. I could honestly care less about the extracurricular attention whore stuff.

Means something to some people....

Eight of the seventy-four Heisman Trophy winners are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame,[7] and four winners have also been named Most Valuable Player in a Super Bowl. Some winners have gone on to play in other professional sports, including Bo Jackson in baseball and Charlie Ward in basketball.

Time will tell what he does.

I was hoping he would join the CFL, but alas, I believe the Als own his rights and not the Bombers...

He has talent - let us see if Belichick can bring it to it's potential.

Don't meant to ruffle the feathers, but I guess you're talking about his openness at being a Christian.

So, what you're saying is, these professional athletes should only focus on their profession and not share anything else about themselves.

We shouldn't be allowed to know where they were born, what their ancestry is, their sexual preference, religion, etc....etc...

Professional Sports, believe it not, are part of the entertainment business.

So all the personal stuff is part of it.

What I'm saying is they need to leave that stuff in the locker room. When you're playing football your mind should be on football. I'm talking about his public displays. I'm talking about the absurd "Tebowing" craze he started. He's been shoved down America's throat ever since and I'm sick of it.

Tebowing is in essence public prayer and you already know where I stand on public prayer so I'm not going to get into that part of this discussion. It has zilch to do with religion. zipadeedoodah to do with religion, got that? He has NO talent. He's as I said a media circus and a sideshow. He's jersey sales, a feel good story and a media darling...but he SUCKS at football...flukes happen. A blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while, a stopped clock is right twice a day..and once in a blue moon Tim Tebow completes a pass over 15 or 20 yards. Waste of a roster spot. Like I said...great college player...dunno what happened...but he's not an NFL player..he's just not. Time for everyone to accept that.

He had enough talent to win the Heisman....make the NFL, win 9 games and 7 losses and 1 -1 in the playoffs.

He has enough talent that a team as good as the Patriots are having a look at him.

Football, probably has more people of religion than any other professional sport.

I don't know the NFL as well as the CFL, but every CFL team has a pastor, and they have prayer before and after games - not all players participate, but they have it. I was a "photographer" for the Rouge 1 season when I was in Calgary, before I became a Christian, and was amazed, that after a hard fought battle, a bunch of players from both teams met at on the field and kneeled in prayer together.

The best thing about a nut, they tend to grow into amazing trees.

Again, it's the entertainment industry - and anything goes - whether you like it or not.

again...I don't care Heretic...I don't care ok..I'm not going to discuss religion anymore here on CDC. I'm just not gonna do it. He sucks at football, that's my point..and i'm sick of having him shoved in my face every time I turn on Sportscenter to get baseball highlights and scores. If he had the talent you claim he does he'd had a better record than 9-7. 9-7 in the NFL is not very good.

F-L-U-K-E. and even in 2011 he started 11 of the 14 games he played..12 TDs 6 INTs sacked 33 times and had a 46.5% passer rating. If we were discussing ANYONE else but Tim Tebow...saint Timothy...the Untouchable one apparently...there would be no discussion. Everyone would see that this guy has no talent. It's the fact that he's such a polarizing figure because of his extracurricular stuff that anyone gives a crap about this guy.

Archived