The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] New England Patriots sign Tim Tebow

Apple Juice

"That's another one right now! I've got you for the rest of your natural born life if you don't watch your step. You want another one?"

12 tds, 6 int, and a 46.5 passer rating does not equal suck.

Terry Bradshaw had 6 tds and 24 ints and an abysmal 30.4 quarterback rating.

He started just eight games and played in 13.

If Bradshaw was the full-time quarterback in 1970, he most likely would have obliterated the rookie interception record.

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher. and the entire PINT will be on me. /sarcasm

F-L-U-K-E. and even in 2011 he started 11 of the 14 games he played..12 TDs 6 INTs sacked 33 times and had a 46.5% passer rating. If we were discussing ANYONE else but Tim Tebow...saint Timothy...the Untouchable one apparently...there would be no discussion. Everyone would see that this guy has no talent. It's the fact that he's such a polarizing figure because of his extracurricular stuff that anyone gives a crap about this guy.

I agree with you, I love the NFL and Tebow right now just does not have the talent to play in it. The whole reason he went 9-7 in the NFL as a starter was because of Denvers Defence. When your d is that good you can afford to have a quarterback who has troubles with accuracy and can only put up 10 points a game.

I have nothing against Tebow tho(altho am really sick of hearing about him) his college coach did him no favors, they ran an offence that would not translate to the NFL. Tebow developed a lot of bad habits in his throwing motion that was never corrected. If he wanted to succeed he should've went to the CFL and kept his own private QB coach and tried to switch over later.

I'd be surprised if he gets any playing time this year, don't fprget NE already has a competent back-up in Ryan Mallet. It almost seems like a ploy to get jersey sales

Holy **** i may faint...finally some sense. And of course it's a publicity stunt, jersey sales, etc...that's what the whole signing with the cluster**** Jets was all about too. Urban Meyer I agree with you did him no favors in college...and actually as a Tennessee Volunteers football fan I'm contractually obligated to dislike strongly University of Florida athletes from all sports. lol. I dunno if I mentioned it but his first national title at Florida was thanks in very small part to Tebow...as he was the backup all season long...and Chris Leak who was the starter and did most of the work that season gets no credit at all for that title and even as much as I despise the Gators that's just wrong. Leak won that championship and Tebow's getting credit for it.

I never followed college football that closely but I do recall hearing that before, that is a shame for Leak. Oh well the one thing I like about this signing is in NE even the loudest personalties get silenced. So like I mentioned I doubt Tebow will play and hopefully I can stop reading and hearing about Tebow everytime I look at NFL news. Couple years he will be out of the league is my bet.

I agree with you, I love the NFL and Tebow right now just does not have the talent to play in it. The whole reason he went 9-7 in the NFL as a starter was because of Denvers Defence. When your d is that good you can afford to have a quarterback who has troubles with accuracy and can only put up 10 points a game.

That 9-7 record is a combo of Tebows rookie and sophomore seasons. They had the worst defense in the league in 2010, not much better in 11. They flat out sucked, allowed 40+ points more than any other team in the league. Had some clutch performances in their little run, sure, but needed plenty of bail outs. This is the D that allowed 5 tds in the 1st half vs the Pats lol. The great Denver defence, is a myth.

The biggest reason for their ineptitude, was the coaching staff, McCoy and Fox are just morons.

That 9-7 record is a combo of Tebows rookie and sophomore seasons. They had the worst defense in the league in 2010, not much better in 11. They flat out sucked, allowed 40+ points more than any other team in the league. Had some clutch performances in their little run, sure, but needed plenty of bail outs. This is the D that allowed 5 tds in the 1st half vs the Pats lol. The great Denver defence, is a myth.

The biggest reason for their ineptitude, was the coaching staff, McCoy and Fox are just morons.

You guys can post all the stats you want about Tebow, but at the end of the day, he had one of the best success ratings maybe in NFL history where he pulled off the immaculate challenge by taking the Broncos to the post-season....all the criticism he faced, and when he stepped up to the challenge - woooooooh, that was clutch! That was more clutch than anything Peyton Manning has done in his playoff career, and that's not even a lie. Not saying it was better than Peyton cause he won the SB obviously, but I'm talking clutch.

Stats don't mean much in Tebow's situation....at the end of the day, he's not an elite QB with attributes to make him great; it's just his willingness to get the job done somehow that makes him great. Say all you want, but at the end of the day, Tebow got the job done in some crazy fashion but it happened.

Tebow appears to be much more than training camp fodder. TT possesses great athleticism, size, and an intangible knack for leadership. Coach Belichick is not tinkering here. There's a decided plan in place, and it's one that will attempt to make use of TT's intriguing skill set. Coach B's work with Tebow will provide a great subtext: It shall point out the stark differences between an organization committed to winning (as more than just a cute slogan) and one that talks about commitment simply as required propaganda. For an example of the former, see "New York Jets."

In short, the move to acquire Tebow has a phenomenal upside with little risk — a classic Patriots' move.

You guys can post all the stats you want about Tebow, but at the end of the day, he had one of the best success ratings maybe in NFL history where he pulled off the immaculate challenge by taking the Broncos to the post-season....all the criticism he faced, and when he stepped up to the challenge - woooooooh, that was clutch! That was more clutch than anything Peyton Manning has done in his playoff career, and that's not even a lie. Not saying it was better than Peyton cause he won the SB obviously, but I'm talking clutch.

Stats don't mean much in Tebow's situation....at the end of the day, he's not an elite QB with attributes to make him great; it's just his willingness to get the job done somehow that makes him great. Say all you want, but at the end of the day, Tebow got the job done in some crazy fashion but it happened.

What I can't figure out is how does a guy get to the NFL and through college with such bad QB mechanics? Didn't any of the QB coaches he worked with try working with him to improve his arm/throwing style? Maybe the Pats will make him a TE or something.

Archived