The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

SIGNING: The Colorado Avalanche have signed 2013 draft pick forward Valeri Nichushkin to a three year deal.

Valeri Nichushkin: 3 years, $ 4.2 million dollar contract ( $ 1,400,000.00 per season ).

* annual base salary $ 900,000.00 per season, annual signing bonus $ 500,000.00 per season.

v-logo.jpg

While we await the hiring of a new GM for Minnesota, the league will temporarily run the day to day operations of the Wild in order to get them back on the ice.

With that, I will be looking to make a deal or two in order to shed some cap space. Any and all options will be considered but looking to make a decent hockey deal. Hit me with some solid offers and I'll go over things and get something done today and get the Wild back on the ice.

Signing: The Colorado Avalanche has signed Sean Monahan to a three-year entry-level contract.

Sean Monahan - Three-year ELC worth $4.2 million dollars ($900k base + $500k bonuses = $1.4 million per season).

Arctic_Ice_logo_01.gif

SIGNING: The Colorado Avalanche have signed 2013 draft pick forward Valeri Nichushkin to a three year deal.

Valeri Nichushkin: 3 years, $ 4.2 million dollar contract ( $ 1,400,000.00 per season ).

* annual base salary $ 900,000.00 per season, annual signing bonus $ 500,000.00 per season.

v-logo.jpg

The Avs are thrilled to get these two key young players signed. They are part of the nucleus that the Avs will build around for years to come.

Since Dallas plays tonight and Calgary doesn't, the Avs will place Nichushkin on the active roster and assign Sean Monahan to the minors for now while we clear cap space for him.

Colorado is looking to move Olesz or Chimera along with a prospect in order to make cap space ASAP.

^^ This move gets Minnesota cap compliant and back on the ice. I was a few minutes late posting it but I'm going to add the Wild so they will collect points tonight and get their season rolling.

Minnesota is still tight against the cap and I will still be considering offers to move some salary but will be looking to make strong deals to address roster shortcomings while shedding a bit of salary at the same time.

SIGNING: The Montreal Canadiens have signed unrestricted free agent forward Mark Arcobello to a one year deal.

Mark Arcobello: 1 year, $ 650,000.00 per season.

v-logo.jpg

The Habs are very pleased to add Mark to the squad, as we were in need of a player fill out our NHL roster and we believe we have found a very solid one who can step in and contribute immediately.

Arcobello will skate on the 4th-line to start as he gets accustomed to our systems. Please put Arcobello on 4th-line RW, with Condra flipping to LW, and Peluso moves back to 13th forward.

Updated Habs Roster below

R. Nash ($7.8m) - A. Galchenyuk ($3.175m) - B. Burns ($5.75m)

A. Tanguay ($3.8m) - V. Filppula ($4.3m) - E. Cole ($3.9m)

M. Calvert ($1.15m) - B. Richardson ($1.25m) - E. Nystrom ($1.2m)

E. Condra ($0.825m) - J. Slater ($1.3m) - M. Arcobello ($0.65m)

A. Peluso ($0.65m)

E. Johnson ($4.33m) - D. Kulikov ($4.3m)

L. Smid ($3.0m) - B. Strait ($0.725m)

J. Hejda ($2.5m) - M. Greene ($2.95m)

K. Connauton ($1.25m) - P. Postma ($1.5m)

E. Nabokov ($3.3m)

A. Lindback ($3.3m)

E. O'Dell ($0.6m) - B. Pirri ($1.35m) - A. Watson ($1.25m)

E. Haula ($0.7m) - C. Knight ($0.85m) - P. Cormier ($1.067m)

J. Shugg ($0.75m) - M. Latta ($0.78m) - M. Noebels ($0.75m)

J. Labate ($0.7m)

D. McIlrath ($0.875m) - Z. Redmond ($0.65m)

K. Holzer ($0.725m) - J. Melchiori ($0.725m)

P. Mrazek ($0.625m)

B. Thiessen ($0.65m)

Unsigned Prospects:

S. Koekkoek, A. Slepyshev, B. Hart, M. Domi, R. Faksa, S. Santini

Just trying to figure why the heck Shinkaruk was sent down before the season even started. Now with Burrows out, he would of been a huge part of our team without Burr. Just having an absolute lack of understanding at this point.

If I may think outside the box for a minute... Simon Gagne?

Archived