The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Waivers: Jeremy Welsh assigned to Utica and so the Rangers waive him for the purposes of assigning him to the Connecticut Whale.

In defense of my good name this is my waiver post....the first word says Waivers..the second and third words are the guys name. ??? I think your grouchy at 4am Azzy...lol Have a good new year though.

TRADE: The New York Rangers have made a trade with the Los Angeles Kings.

To NYR:

Milan Michalek

Alexei Emelin

Jerry D'Amigo

LA 2015 1st Round Draft Selection

To LA:

Jimmy Hayes

Shawn Matthias

Luca Sbisa

There it is! While we will miss the three outgoing players, sometimes an offer trumps the previous agenda, and this is one of those cases. Luca Sbisa is and will be a force in the league however, Milan Michalek has been on our radar a long time and it was felt that help up front was imperative with a nice core of young defenders on the back end already. Welcome aboard Jerry, Milan and Alexei, we think there will be an opportunity right away for all three to contribute.

Rangers:

Vanek, Thornton, Iginla

Hudler, Stajan, Michalek

Malone, Backlund, Bernier

Joensuu, D'Amigo, Skille

Bordeleau

Sekera, Salo

Meszaros, Muzzin

Emelin, Klein

Larsen, Bortuzzo

Smith

Lack

LTIR: Sheldon Souray

Whale:

Larsson, Sgarbossa, Sceviour

Telegin, Bass, McMillan

Cowick, Johnston, Shalunov

Cunningham

Sieloff, Murphy

The Very first word is not only RED but bold faced type as welll and it reads WAIVERS, so I don't know what you are talking about. The word waivers appears twice in the sentence and it is the only idea being discussed in the post. ?? What I hate is people who post their lineup, some info about a good scorer and then somewhere in the Too Long Didn't Read book report they waive a player they want to keep. Anyways, if you look again you will find that it is a very clear waiver notice.

In defense of my good name this is my waiver post....the first word says Waivers..the second and third words are the guys name. ??? I think your grouchy at 4am Azzy...lol Have a good new year though.

I am not even kidding, on my home pc there is no colour on that post. Same at work. Only on my mobile does it appear as colour, and I rarely use that...my own mistake for not reading every post anyway, especially as it did say 'waivers' :lol:

Please accept my apologies for the egregious error. I shall make an appointment at Specsavers forthwith.

Svedberg seems to make his NHL Debut tonight...thats pretty exciting

Svedberg was the first goalie off the ice following Thursday's morning skate, putting him on track to start Thursday's game against the Predators.

Analysis: Svedberg was recalled by the Bruins earlier Thursday, and it appears he will jump right into the lineup and make his NHL debut Thursday night. Svedberg will be facing a Nashville team that scored six goals its last time out but topped three goals just twice in 13 December games.

Philadelphia Flyers latest news

Following the recent appointment of Azzy Mahmood as the General Manager of the Philadelphia Flyers, GM Azzy has been patiently analysing the team's performance to see how his early changes have impacted upon the franchise.

Early signs of improvement:

"We were very pleased to be able to bring in a player of Mikko Koivu's standing. Mikko has contributed steadily since he joined us and we expect him to continue to do so over the remainder of the season.

"Of our other arrivals, we have been pleased with the contributions of Brad Boyes, Jean-Philippe Cote and Jordie Benn. Unfortunately some of our other acquisitions have yet to make their mark on the score sheet, but we feel it is only a matter of time for them.

"While we have actually fallen in the standings, we are confident that the moves we have made will see us climb the standings in the near future."

Trade options:

"We continue to field enquiries for our players. We are now actively searching for trading partners to continue our overhaul of the franchise; we are focussing on attracting young forwards to the Flyers to enable us to build a long-term future for our fans. "

The goaltending situation:

"We are very confident in Ondrej and Anders in their ability to backstop this team to victories. That being said, both goalies know that they are under pressure from Kevin Poulin on the Phantoms, so we are hopeful that that pressure will translate into points for us."

The future:

"We are very excited about the future of the franchise. We have three good draft picks in the upcoming draft, with two additional second round selections. On the playing staff we have Mikkel Boedker, Cam Atkinson and Travis Hamonic all performing admirably. Our prospect pool is very promising. All in all, we feel we are progressing very well towards a successful period for all concerned."

LTIR: The Winnipeg Jets place Radek Martinek on the LTIR retroactive to Dec 20, 2013.

LTIR: The Phoenix Coyotes place Damien Brunner on the LTIR retroactive to Dec 21, 2013.

LTIR: The New Jersey Devils place Erik Gustafsson on the LTIR retroactive to Dec 27, 2013.

LTIR: The Phoenix Coyotes place Jay Harrison on the LTIR retroactive to Dec 27, 2013.

LTIR: The Edmonton Oilers place Alexander Steen on the LTIR retroactive to Dec 28, 2013.

LTIR: The St. Louis Blues place Cody Hodgson on the LTIR.

LTIR: The St. Louis Blues place Henrik Tallinder on the LTIR.

Blues Roster Update (Based on December Results)

Michael Raffl - DavidLegwand - Martin Erat

Brenden Morrow - Marcel Goc - Sean Bergenheim

Nick Spaling - Joe Vitale - Torrey Mitchell

Michael Bournival - Vernon Fiddler - T.J. Galiardi

Chris Terry

Christian Ehrhoff - Eric Gelinas

Josh Gorges - Anton Volchenkov

John Erskine - Erik Gryba

Josh Holden - Mark Borowiecki

Steve Mason

Karri Ramo

IR : Stephen Weiss (may out till late February) , Cody Hodgson (may out till mid January) , Henrik Tallinder (Excepted to Miss 1 - 2 Weeks) , Nikolai Khabibulin ( return unknown)

Archived