The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

I've been asked this a few times, may have answered it in the thread but I can't remember. In any event, here it is for everyone's benefit.

Q: I have unsigned RFAs from last year. Do they count against the 6 negotiation limit?
A: Yes.

Q: What happens if I don't sign the unsigned RFA from last year before July 1st?
A: Any unsigned RFAs from last season that are still not signed as of 12:00am on July 1st, 2014 will become Unrestricted Free Agents.

Q: I want to sign my 2012 draft picks before I lose them. Do they count against the 6 negotiation limit?

A: No, drafted prospects that are still unsigned, from any year, don't count towards the limit.

Signing: The Winnipeg Jets have signed C Mark Scheifele to a 3 year $8.7m deal (averaging $2.9m per year. This amounts to a base salary of $2m a year with a $900k signing bonus to be paid on July 1st of every year.)

Signing: The Winnipeg Jets have signed D Tyson Barrie to a 2 year $4.75m deal ( averaging $2.375m a year.)

Thrilled to get these two key pieces under contract and back in the fold for next season. Both are a huge part of the Jets youth movement and we look forward to watching them develop with our organization. An updated roster will be coming in the next few days.

I've been asked this a few times, may have answered it in the thread but I can't remember. In any event, here it is for everyone's benefit.

Q: I have unsigned RFAs from last year. Do they count against the 6 negotiation limit?

A: Yes.

Q: What happens if I don't sign the unsigned RFA from last year before July 1st?

A: Any unsigned RFAs from last season that are still not signed as of 12:00am on July 1st, 2014 will become Unrestricted Free Agents.

Q: I want to sign my 2012 draft picks before I lose them. Do they count against the 6 negotiation limit?

A: No, drafted prospects that are still unsigned, from any year, don't count towards the limit.

Wait a tick, I thought we could qualify our RFA's and even if they don't sign they are then qualified and we can match or get picks in place of the player when an offer sheet is signed?

Contract Extension: The New York Rangers have re-signed forward Thomas Vanek to an eight year deal.

Thomas Vanek: 8 years, $ 64.0 million dollar contract ( $ 8,000,000.00 per season ).

* Full no-movement-clause in effect for years 1,2,3,4 of the contract.

The Rangers are stoked to announce the contract extension for Thomas Vanek, the 5th overall draft pick of 2003.

I don't believe we will need to go into details as to the numbers on the contract, but allow me to detail the numbers on the back of his New York Rangers Hockey Card. Mr. Vanek's worst season in the league was his first season in the league.

139th overall in league points in 2005-06

19th overall in league points in 2006-07

52nd overall in league points in 2007-08

51st overall in league points in 2008-09

80th overall in league points in 2009-10

17th overall in league points in 2010-11

54th overall in league points in 2011-12

29th overall in league points in 2012-13

26th overall in league points in 2013-14

It is safe to say we know exactly what we are getting with Thomas Vanek, and we like what we get a whole bunch. It is simply perfect to have him sign on for a long great ride with us. Couldn't be happier, and we believe he is very much worth the investment. There are very few players in the league who can year in and year out put up these kinds of numbers..here at Madison Square Garden we call those kinds of players our "First Line". Thank you, no questions.

Does anyone know when the NHL is planning on releasing the financial information for the new salary cap next year?

I believe that playoff revenue doesn't count so I'm assuming they'll be doing this soon.

The rumoured number was 71 right?

The Columbus Blue Jackets are excited to announce that both Matt Donovan and Drew Shore signed contract extensions and are committed to our organization. Each of them bring a unique skill set and are crucial building blocks for the future.

Ty Webb

Columbus Blue Jackets

General Manager

Nanananana...

It was but it's also rumoured to be dropping due to the Cdn dollar falling a bit.

I'm expecting around 69 but I was hoping we'd get a clear picture sooner rather than later.

Yeah I remember reading about that as well.. Will be interesting to see where it falls.

Good on TGC for doing what's best for his guys and not holding on to 2 starters.

do you mean the ramo deal?

well we have some rules here in the league and it seems that ramo will be starter in calgary next season after berra got dealt to colorado.

further i still have khabibulin under contract. IRL his contract expires after this season and i have no idea if

he´ll retire or play one more season.

an then there is niklas svedberg...i hope he will get a NHL contract next season...he deserves it imo

Ollie is one of the nicest guys on this forum , his sense of fairplay is second to none.

thanks dave :bigblush: ...even i have some brainfarts sometimes and doing things i shouldn´t do :lol:

Wait a tick, I thought we could qualify our RFA's and even if they don't sign they are then qualified and we can match or get picks in place of the player when an offer sheet is signed?

Unsigned RFA as in a player who's contract was up after last season, not this season, was qualified, but never signed over the course of this year. There are a handful of teams with players in this situation.

With RFA players who's contracts are expiring this year, yes you can qualify as many as you like by submitting a qualifying offer.

Qualifying offer: a 1 year deal that meets the criteria laid out below.

If the players base salary was:

• $500,000 - $1.5 million = 110% of previous contract
  • over $1.5 million - $3 million = 105% of previous contract
  • over $3 million = 100% of previous contract

Qualifying offers are presented as follows.

Example

Player name qualifying offer - 1 year, $2 million

Anything more than this (ie: long discussion about players role, etc.) is considered the start of a negotiation and would count against the 6 negotiations.

Archived