The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article)NHL goalie rankings: Is Luongo still elite?

naslund.is.king

I say again

I said 10/11 Season was average for Quick and his play-offs were bad

Where as Lu's 10/11 Season and playoffs were good and average respectively

So therefore by your standards of not counting 12-13, as I agree to,.

Luongo has had an elite season and a good play off run followed by an average season and average stats in the play-offs

Quick has had an average season with a bad play off run followed by a good season and a good play-off run.

So to answer your question.

Yes, they are both elite, If we were to go by your standards. As we are using the 2 same years for both goalies and they both have had an elite season and an average season

And if we were to use 2012-2013, by your standards neither goalie would be considered elite anymore. More so Quick because he was the starter the whole season.

I say again

I said 10/11 Season was average for Quick and his play-offs were bad

Where as Lu's 10/11 Season and playoffs were good and average respectively

So therefore by your standards of not counting 12-13, as I agree to,.

Luongo has had an elite season and a good play off run followed by an average season and average stats in the play-offs

Quick has had an average season with a bad play off run followed by a good season and a good play-off run.

So to answer your question.

Yes, they are both elite, If we were to go by your standards. As we are using the 2 same years for both goalies and they both have had an elite season and an average season

And if we were to use 2012-2013, by your standards neither goalie would be considered elite anymore. More so Quick because he was the starter the whole season.

Only a Luongo fanboy would say that Lu losing his starting position is plus in a comparison,lol,,,You do realise Quick did win 9 more playoff games than Lu last season and had a 1.86 gaa for the playoffs.

LOL

6 2 4 360 21 0 3.50 .884 2010–11 Los Angeles Kings NHL 6 2 4 380 20 1 3.16 .913

2009-10 3.5GAA .884 SV%

2010-11 3.16GAA .913SV%

2011-12 That was his year

2012-13 1.86 GAA .936SV% Regular Season.... 2.45 .906

Learn your stats...

For you to call Quick elite and say Luongo needs to be shipped out is just well.. .stupid

So for Quick's first 2 playoffs he was lousy and for the second 2 he was outstanding.

For Luongo's first playoff he was outstanding and for the following 5 he was mediocre to lousy overall, on a better team no less.

Quick and Luongo aren't in the same league anymore at least in terms of playoffs.

Only a Luongo fanboy would say that Lu losing his starting position is plus in a comparison,lol,,,You do realise Quick did win 9 more playoff games than Lu last season and had a 1.86 gaa for the playoffs.

I only just posted that... You also realize that he had a .906 regular season with 2.45 GAA? That's a much larger sample than the play-offs.

Only a hater/bandwagoner would say exactly what you said and not fully read posts. If you think that Schneider starting was not a mismanagement then you are high. Lu should never have lost his starter position, split the season? Sure.

Also THE KINGs won 9 more games than THE CANUCKS.

LOL

6 2 4 360 21 0 3.50 .884 2010–11 Los Angeles Kings NHL 6 2 4 380 20 1 3.16 .913

2009-10 3.5GAA .884 SV%

2010-11 3.16GAA .913SV%

2011-12 That was his year

2012-13 1.86 GAA .936SV% Regular Season.... 2.45 .906

Learn your stats...

For you to call Quick elite and say Luongo needs to be shipped out is just well.. .stupid totally logical

fixed that for you

So for Quick's first 2 playoffs he was lousy and for the second 2 he was outstanding.

For Luongo's first playoff he was outstanding and for the following 5 he was mediocre to lousy overall, on a better team no less.

Quick and Luongo aren't in the same league anymore at least in terms of playoffs.

My point isn't Quick is bad and Lu is good.,..

I believe Quick is the #2 Goalie in the NHL. But EVERY good goalie had his dips... Look at Brodies stats... You have used 1 year and 1 shortened season to say Luongo is no longer capable of winning a cup. It's ridiculous.

fixed that for you

Nope, all you did was cross out what I said at the end..

Luongo is the 2nd most winning active goalie. He has a 58% win ratio. Find me another goalie with those stats. He's elite and you're a bandwagoner.

I heard the Devils just picked up a good goalie go to their forums.

yeah, mainly cause he played 16 more games than Luongo.

Both goalies before and after they played for the cup.

Quick

Before

.929% 1.95

After

.909% 2.45

Luongo

Before

.928% 2.11

After

.919% 2.41

But 1 year doesn't dictate anything to anyone unless they are bandwagoners

Both Goalies life times.

Lu

GAA 2.52 .919 SV% (Remember Lu had the fun of playing for the Panthers for 5 seasons)

Quick

GAA 2.32 .915 SV% (Quick plays for one of the stingiest defensive teams in the league)

I only just posted that... You also realize that he had a .906 regular season with 2.45 GAA? That's a much larger sample than the play-offs.

Only a hater/bandwagoner would say exactly what you said and not fully read posts. If you think that Schneider starting was not a mismanagement then you are high. Lu should never have lost his starter position, split the season? Sure.

Also THE KINGs won 9 more games than THE CANUCKS.

Quick had a bad season yes,,,still at least as good as Lu's. Quick had an excellent playoff while Lu was good but not spectacular anywhere. Schneider's gaa was damn near 1/2 a goal game better and his save % was .927 vs Lu and his .907 and you think Lu should not lose his job to Cory?lol If you think for 1 second they wanted Cory to take over for Lu you be the one that is extremely high.

Quick had a bad season yes,,,still at least as good as Lu's. Quick had an excellent playoff while Lu was good but not spectacular anywhere. Schneider's gaa was damn near 1/2 a goal game better and his save % was .927 vs Lu and his .907 and you think Lu should not lose his job to Cory?lol If you think for 1 second they wanted Cory to take over for Lu you be the one that is extremely high.

Lu can't really get decent numbers when he's on the bench can he? Schneids faltered at the beginning of the season and allowed Lu to vie for the position up until that Detriot game.

Also, I don't know what series you were watching... But aside from Kesler, Luongo was the only good player on the ice. Lu played his ass off in that SJS series, those stats do not tell the story of that series goal tending wise. It's hard to post good stats when your team is always killing a power-play. For spending over 50minutes on the PP over 4 games, he posted some good stats.

Both goalies before and after they played for the cup.

Quick

Before

.929% 1.95

After

.909% 2.45

Luongo

Before

.928% 2.11

After

.919% 2.41

But 1 year doesn't dictate anything to anyone unless they are bandwagoners

Both Goalies life times.

Lu

GAA 2.52 .919 SV% (Remember Lu had the fun of playing for the Panthers for 5 seasons)

Quick

GAA 2.32 .915 SV% (Quick plays for one of the stingiest defensive teams in the league)

Quick playoffs after winning the cup 9 wins with a 1,86 gaa and .934 save percentage.Lu after making the finals the following year had zero wins was 3.59 with a .891 save percentage.

Lu can't really get decent numbers when he's on the bench can he? Schneids faltered at the beginning of the season and allowed Lu to vie for the position up until that Detriot game.

Also, I don't know what series you were watching... But aside from Kesler, Luongo was the only good player on the ice. Lu played his ass off in that SJS series, those stats do not tell the story of that series goal tending wise. It's hard to post good stats when your team is always killing a power-play. For spending over 50minutes on the PP over 4 games, he posted some good stats.

Pretty sure Lu was the starter for all 2011-12 and played a large majority of the games and his numbers were miles worse than Cory's.

Lu had 3 bad play-off games in 10-11

0 in 11-12

0 in 12-13

The Canucks had 5 bad play-off games in 10-11 (4 in the SCFs)

3 in 11-12

4 in 12-13 (Refs helped that)

How'd he play in the 2 years before that (especially the Chicago meltdowns)?

He also had a LOT more bad games than 3 during 10-11. He had 3 bad games in the final ALONE.

Lu had 3 bad play-off games in 10-11

0 in 11-12

0 in 12-13

The Canucks had 5 bad play-off games in 10-11 (4 in the SCFs)

3 in 11-12

4 in 12-13 (Refs helped that)

really? Lu had 3 terrible games in the finals,,,and was pulled twice in 1st round after allowing 6 goals in just over 2 periods and 4 another time in just over 1 period vs the hawks, and had a game allowing 4 goals on 23 shots vs the preds in another, so if Lu had only 3 bad games what the hell is your definition of bad? No wonder you think he is elite,lol

Quick playoffs after winning the cup 9 wins with a 1,86 gaa and .934 save percentage.Lu after making the finals the following year had zero wins was 3.59 with a .891 save percentage.

Once again...

24 PPs in 4 games will do that or did you even watch the series? And keep picking at the play-off stats like regular season doesn't matter. He had poor season stats, and that matters and still proves my point. You are pointless to debate with, as you have 0 clue what you are talking about. At least Kiwi isn't blind hating like you are.

Archived