The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CBC continues to ignore West and the Canucks

Slegr

Think a lot of the issue gets lost when people talk about their issues with overpaid government workers. The issue I have with that is unions are dying all over the globe and people seem to be willing to let this happen or even enjoy the fact it may come. Problem is you will lose all the benefits that came from people fighting for our rights. Weekends gone,overtime gone,working 18 hours days yes,any protection at work gone and wages would soon follow. Show me a career that is not being squeezed lately? People dont seem to realize that there is as we speak votes and acts being passed that will make us all one big global soup that will allow employers to run the wages to nothing. If you doubt that I suggest looking into some of these groups. Ok enough of a rant..

I wanted to ask what the difference is between cable and cell phone providers? We just had Rogers screaming bloody murder about a new party coming into the mix that may or may not have given a unfair advantage and yet here we are watching them do that with cable. So whats the difference and why are there no rules in place to protect these things happening?

End of the day its just another knock on what it means to be Canadian and we lose another institution that brought great memories.

Think a lot of the issue gets lost when people talk about their issues with overpaid government workers. The issue I have with that is unions are dying all over the globe and people seem to be willing to let this happen or even enjoy the fact it may come. Problem is you will lose all the benefits that came from people fighting for our rights. Weekends gone,overtime gone,working 18 hours days yes,any protection at work gone and wages would soon follow. Show me a career that is not being squeezed lately? People dont seem to realize that there is as we speak votes and acts being passed that will make us all one big global soup that will allow employers to run the wages to nothing. If you doubt that I suggest looking into some of these groups. Ok enough of a rant..

I wanted to ask what the difference is between cable and cell phone providers? We just had Rogers screaming bloody murder about a new party coming into the mix that may or may not have given a unfair advantage and yet here we are watching them do that with cable. So whats the difference and why are there no rules in place to protect these things happening?

End of the day its just another knock on what it means to be Canadian and we lose another institution that brought great memories.

I hear you and totally agree, but the problem is what the CBC, HNIC in particular, became. It didn't act like a national institution, didn't reflect mainstream Canadian values, so I'm not going to miss it, even though I first started watching it in 1964. If it had acted differently than all the corporate crooks you rightly mention, I would feel differently about it.

Archived