The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CBC continues to ignore West and the Canucks

Slegr

I hate missing the start of canucks games because of the earlier games usually involving TO. This mixed in with Ron MacLean amd the panels constant trash talking, don cherrys TO highlights during our intermissions, the constant awful play by play, I can only wish CBC stops broadcasting canucks games. All they do is drub up hate for our team across the league. I say get rid of em. Snp is the way to go.

I have the same feeling as you and that is reflected in my signature statement. :)

You'd have to complain to Gillis about the start times. The home team decides the start time, the league only decides what days. Networks often contact teams requesting specific start times to fit their schedule but it's up to the team whether or not they accommodate it.

I hate missing the start of canucks games because of the earlier games usually involving TO. This mixed in with Ron MacLean amd the panels constant trash talking, don cherrys TO highlights during our intermissions, the constant awful play by play, I can only wish CBC stops broadcasting canucks games. All they do is drub up hate for our team across the league. I say get rid of em. Snp is the way to go.

I agree, it would be great if we could somehow opt out of the CBC coverage. I don't mind the play by play, the commentary between periods by the Glen Healy's and PJ Stocks' of the world kill the broadcast for me.

I'd rather see the OT of the early game than the first minute or two of the second game and I'm not a fan of TO. But you spend 3 hours watching a game, you want to see the end. A tight finish is more exciting than the first minute or two of a game 99 out 100 times. There's an awful lot of hockey fans that, like me, actually watch the early game as well.

CBC blows, I only watch the hockey and change the channel during the intermissions. I like Elliot Friedman though.

He got the death stare!!

BV3svqNCEAA4XzW-e1381100028749.jpg

YES!!! thx for finding that lol, exactly what i was talking about

i would love to have been a fly on the wall there to see what healy said off the air

man, healy is a douche

Am I the only one that really doesn't care about this?

No. No you are not. As west coasters though it's our stereotypical right to bitch about things that don't matter and make tiny mole hills in to giant mountains.

Bottom line though CBC is payed for by taxpayers and there's far more tax payers in the east. If people don't like that I have a cure. Unprotected sex.

Mark Lee is straight brutal and Hrudey isn't cut out to do color. Really wish CBC wouldn't use the late game as a audition for thier stuggling play by play commentators. I wish you could hit the SAP button and it would cut out the audio for these clowns. I know I am not the only one who would rather watch the game with the on ice mic instead of having play by play.

I'd rather see the OT of the early game than the first minute or two of the second game and I'm not a fan of TO. But you spend 3 hours watching a game, you want to see the end. A tight finish is more exciting than the first minute or two of a game 99 out 100 times. There's an awful lot of hockey fans that, like me, actually watch the early game as well.

Although I do enjoy watching the end of tight games in TO, I still think its an issue that needs to be addressed specifically when it comes to the playoffs when OT's can go on for a long time.

Normally I'd agree but Saturday was the home opener so all of the supposedly great pre-game celebrations did not get televised because the Leafs were late getting started due to their opening festivities, secondly the overtime and thirdly the shootout. Not to mention, after the shootout instead of immediately switching to Vancouver, we had to watch a couple minutes of the Leaf players patting Reimer on the ass when we should have been watching the Canucks!

Archived