The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your say about the revamped team 1040 AM show

lumberman

I contacted Mr. Team through their web site and expressed my displeasure with Jake and Pratt in the morning and simply told them they'd lost a long time listener for their morning show. Signing a petition is pointless as it's the ratings that they care about.

Don't tune in and let the chips fall where they may come the ratings period.

Oh, and for the few minutes I have listened to those goofs in the last week, I've heard them interviewing Neil McCrea, Bruce Allen, Mitch Burger and Michael Buble. Basically all their old cronies since neither likely have any good connections in the sports world. I actually even heard Jake say as they were going to a commercial that "you're rockin with the Team 1040".

Meanwhile, Mike & Mike had an excellent interview with Russell Wilson this morning.

In my opinion, the show is pretty good!

I can't stand Pratt on his own... he comes off as such a douche. But with Bro Jake.. the combo works and is entertaining to listen to in the morning. (maybe its because my brain isn't fully engaged in the mornings).

Its alot better than the alternative of hearing Scotty Rintoul's MONOTONE nasally voice in the mornings which annoyed the hell out of me. It also didn't help Rintoul's got as much character and personality as a loaf of bread.

• 4 weeks later...

I have given the show over a month now and don't mind it for the most part. That being said, I still wish they had teamed Bro Jake with Scotty, the veteran with the young up and comer would have been a great combo in my opinion. Then for the evening show, get Dan Russell, and there you go, team 1040 would have been pretty good.

I also like that Pratt is in the background in this show. I just don't get the people lobbying for a Taylor/Pratt reunion, however to each their own. For me Pratt complains too much, copies things, and talks about social policy like he actually knows something when he doesn't. The afternoon show now has two guys with great rapport, great sports knowledge especially local, and if I want social policy stuff I will turn on the CBC!

The station still has a way to go as parts of the day drag. And I hope they team Bro and Scotty together one day.

Archived