The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Goalie Masks

Rate this topic

Drouin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

would like to see a bit more creativity from canucks masks. I am not a big fan of masks that just have a logo. I loved Hirsch's mask, Kay Whitmore's with the eagle and salmon, Luongo's first make here and Kirk Mclean's with the griffin and Scottish tartan, they all had a message and theme. The skeleton mask- Gary Smith? of course was awesome and the colours throughout the 80s-early 90's lent itself to Halloween type inspirations.

Would love to see a canucks mask with a grizzly, a Sasquatch or spirit bear...or even better Johnny Canuck, the old fighter pilot hero from world war I/II comic book propaganda

• Upvote 1

On 2/13/2017 at 11:14 PM, ReggieBush said:

article_fcf94dbd-efc3-4df4-afc5-b98ef26d

I always thought baldy auldy had a cool mask

I agree.

Goalies on teams that have animals as logos should take advantage of that.   I always thought some designer could improve on this idea. Make the orca more fierce and realistic.

• Like 1

49567E5D-6AAC-4256-824D-DA0C3BC423D2.jpe

LOL.  So let me get this straight, the Leafs main image is an American Bald Eagle, (at least it is associated with the US more)  And the Maple Leaf, an iconic Canadian symbol represented on our flag, is reduced into feathers of a bird?  What a joke.

Edited by kilgore
  • Wat 1