The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[NHL] Rolston fined following incident vs. Leafs

mikeburn

Buffalo's coach fined for "player selection and team conduct" due the Buffalo/Leaf incident.

Odd, seeing how the Buffalo players were already on the ice before the earlier incident, so only left on the ice, and it was Toronto with last line change, so Toronto's coach deciding who to put out against who...

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

NEW YORK -- Buffalo Sabres head coach Ron Rolston has been fined for player selection and team conduct as a result of events that took place at 10:01 of the third period during NHL preseason game No. 61 against the Toronto Maple Leafs in Toronto on Sunday, Sept. 22.

The Sabres were already down three wingers (Tropp, Foligno, and McCormick) due to injury so Scott was going to be on the ice no matter what. He was already closing in on 9 minutes. If anybody knows the Sabres at all they know that's about 5 minutes more than he usually gets. I'm sure in the Sabres' minds it was just a bonus that he was due on the ice that actual shift after Tropp got seriously molly whopped by Devane. Everybody with a brain knew that a fight was in the works, it was just surprising that it was Kessel on the opposite side. The leaf's coach just had his head up his rear end and didn't realize what he did until after the fact. Having the final line change is a huge advantage in these situations and the Leaf's coach knows it.

If John Scott had his choice he probably would have wanted a piece of Devane or a match against Orr since Orr surprised Scott and actually rocked him with a right hand last year.

I have no doubt that Terry Pegula will offset that fine as soon as possible.

*edit* fixed a misspelling

Archived