The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

6 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

I havent bought a wwe game since 13 and that was the last good one 

Yep. They put mini games in to break submissions and pins now. And the announcer track is still the same since .. oh... 2008? Probably. 

Le sigh 

Just picked up MLB The Show 16 for $15

(Unrelated) Couple questions I have overall:

1) Is there anyway to disable auto install? I think Infinite Warfare is a crappy game but the disc itself is required for MWR. Every time I turn my PS4 on, the game installs.

2) I want to pre order Crash Trilogy for $55. If the price goes down, do I get money back?

Edited by Xbox

10 hours ago, Xbox said:

1) Is there anyway to disable auto install? I think Infinite Warfare is a crappy game but the disc itself is required for MWR. Every time I turn my PS4 on, the game installs.

2) I want to pre order Crash Trilogy for $55. If the price goes down, do I get money back?

I'm pretty sure if you put the disk in, the game will install every time. Don't think you can stop that

No, you won't. Some people on Reddit say you can talk to Sony about it and they might help you, but it seems dependant on getting a nice person

8 minutes ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

That hockey varient is probably one of the best games I've ever played.

The whole idea and all of the varients in Rocket League end up being a lot more fun than people think.

Everyone's like....soccer with cars? $20? How good could it be?

I downloaded it way back when it came out on PS4 for free with PS Plus. I'm so glad it was a free PS Plus title, because it's been my favourite game from then up until now, and I've never played a game for this long without stopping or getting tired of it. I'm not sure I ever would have bitten and bought the game if I hadn't got it for free. Now I've bought all the DLCs and stuff too, so I give them money that way instead. :lol:

1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

The whole idea and all of the varients in Rocket League end up being a lot more fun than people think.

Everyone's like....soccer with cars? $20? How good could it be?

I downloaded it way back when it came out on PS4 for free with PS Plus. I'm so glad it was a free PS Plus title, because it's been my favourite game from then up until now, and I've never played a game for this long without stopping or getting tired of it. I'm not sure I ever would have bitten and bought the game if I hadn't got it for free. Now I've bought all the DLCs and stuff too, so I give them money that way instead. :lol:

I haven't looked much into them, curious as to what dlc is available?

16 hours ago, Incursio said:

I'm pretty sure if you put the disk in, the game will install every time. Don't think you can stop that

No, you won't. Some people on Reddit say you can talk to Sony about it and they might help you, but it seems dependant on getting a nice person

Thanks for the tips. I've gotten my HDD full again so it can't auto install anymore. I guess I'll hold off on pre-ordering for now then.

3 hours ago, Xbox said:

Thanks for the tips. I've gotten my HDD full again so it can't auto install anymore. I guess I'll hold off on pre-ordering for now then.

I've started to move over to digital games this gen, so I feel your pain on the HDD space

9 hours ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

I haven't looked much into them, curious as to what dlc is available?

All DLC in Rocket League is cosmetic. Different ways to make your car look cooler, and also new cars.

There's nothing you pay for that makes you better than anyone else, which is awesome. All maps are free as well. They automatically get put into your rotation.

Cars like the Delorian from Back to the Future, and the Batmobile from Batman vs Superman you have to pay for. Only a couple bucks though.

Edited by DollarAndADream
  • Upvote 1

Let's see who gets triggered with this post.....  :lol:

---------------

Tim Sweeney, CEO of Epic Games, thinks that consoles are slowly heading into the crapper. 

Guess which platform he believes is taking over:

(hint)

Naamloos-2_bewerkt-1.png

http://wccftech.com/sweeney-console-market-downturn/

Edited by SabreFan1
added a letter to a word

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

Let's see who gets triggered with this post.....  :lol:

---------------

Tim Sweeney, CEO of Epic Games, thinks that consoles are slowly heading into the crapper. 

Guess which platform he believes is taking over:

(hint)

Naamloos-2_bewerkt-1.png

http://wccftech.com/sweeney-console-market-downturn/

Not triggered because I know you enjoy trolling people, but do you honestly think anyone cares? Last I checked, 53 Million people own a PS4.

Just now, Xbox said:

Not triggered because I know you enjoy trolling people, but do you honestly think anyone cares? Last I checked, 53 Million people own a PS4.

The PS4 may possibly break the PS2's sales record before this generation is over and done, but Sony doesn't make much if any money on hardware sales.  Games are where they and others make their profits.

The gaming industry is in serious flux right now.  It's too early to tell where the consoles will end up.  Personally I don't think they'll ever die, but I think that they are slowly on their way to becoming marginalized by PC and mobile device (yuk) gaming.

8 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

The PS4 may possibly break the PS2's sales record before this generation is over and done, but Sony doesn't make much if any money on hardware sales.  Games are where they and others make their profits.

The gaming industry is in serious flux right now.  It's too early to tell where the consoles will end up.  Personally I don't think they'll ever die, but I think that they are slowly on their way to becoming marginalized by PC and mobile device (yuk) gaming.

Every console manufacturer makes their money off of software sales. The more PS4's out there, the more software sales they get.

Hopefully mobile gaming never actually happens and Sony/Microsoft don't lean that way. I think Nintendo's new console is a stupid idea and definitely leans that way. I kind of hope it fails because it could be a dangerous trend.

Just now, Xbox said:

Every console manufacturer makes their money off of software sales. The more PS4's out there, the more software sales they get.

Hopefully mobile gaming never actually happens and Sony/Microsoft don't lean that way. I think Nintendo's new console is a stupid idea and definitely leans that way. I kind of hope it fails because it could be a dangerous trend.

Actually Nintendo makes a small profit from their hardware sales.  That's one of the reasons why they are under-powered compared to Sony and Microsoft's offerings.  That's also why I laugh whenever someone on YouTube or in the gaming "media" claims that if Nintendo's Switch doesn't sell that they may just become a 3rd party software maker.  Nintendo is sitting on mountains of cash and as long as they don't spend it on subsidizing their consoles, they can keep going as a hardware maker.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

Actually Nintendo makes a small profit from their hardware sales.  That's one of the reasons why they are under-powered compared to Sony and Microsoft's offerings.  That's also why I laugh whenever someone on YouTube or in the gaming "media" claims that if Nintendo's Switch doesn't sell that they may just become a 3rd party software maker.  Nintendo is sitting on mountains of cash and as long as they don't spend it on subsidizing their consoles, they can keep going as a hardware maker.

Sorry, when I said they make money from software sales I was more referring to Sony and Microsoft since Nintendo doesn't really have the 3rd party support. By no means do I ever think Nintendo will leave the console market, I just think their new product is a bad idea.

Just now, Xbox said:

Sorry, when I said they make money from software sales I was more referring to Sony and Microsoft since Nintendo doesn't really have the 3rd party support. By no means do I ever think Nintendo will leave the console market, I just think their new product is a bad idea.

I'm curious to see how it will do.  Nintendo is the king of handheld gaming so if I had to venture a guess, I would say that they are competing against themselves more than they are against MS and Sony.

Switch = Premium handheld

3DS = Basic-Entry Handheld

If they come out with a price point higher than $250, the Switch will be DOA as far as the handheld-oriented buyers.

19 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm curious to see how it will do.  Nintendo is the king of handheld gaming so if I had to venture a guess, I would say that they are competing against themselves more than they are against MS and Sony.

Switch = Premium handheld

3DS = Basic-Entry Handheld

If they come out with a price point higher than $250, the Switch will be DOA as far as the handheld-oriented buyers.

$250 is the heavily rumoured price in the United States, so at least they got that right.

My guess is there trying to combine their console and handheld market into one device and have it be the successor to both Wii U and 3DS. I don't want it to fail, but I don't want it to be the next best thing where the competition follows suit.  

EDIT: The way I see the 3 going into the year is this:

Nintendo is going for the handheld market 

Microsoft is going for the high-powered console market integrated with PC

Sony is going for the exclusive game market while having the best AAA support (Call of Duty, Destiny, etc.).

Edited by Xbox
  • Upvote 1