The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

Just now, Xbox said:

$250 is the heavily rumoured price in the United States, so at least they got that right.

My guess is there trying to combine their console and handheld market into one device and have it be the successor to both Wii U and 3DS. I don't want it to fail, but I don't want it to be the next best thing where the competition follows suit.  

Sony most recently burned themselves with the PS Vita.  The PSP wasn't a blockbuster either.  I think it's safe to say that they will never go the hybrid route. 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2017 at 10:53 AM, Xbox said:

Chuck just look at the name of the link you sent me lol. That's not a credible source whatsoever and it's comparable to listening to Eklund for hockey trade rumours. This hasn't been talked about by any big gaming YouTuber either and I can assure you if it was real then an actual credible source would have said something. The link you gave me is passing off predictions as fact. "Fake News".

Thought I'd move this convo. I don't follow this stuff at all so I just saw a bunch of sites talking about it and thought it was true. If it's fake didn't know, but I don't think you should rule it out though as well, once again stuff I read online, but this Xbox Scorpio console is supposed to release this year, I would think PlayStation will probably want to bring out something as well to compete... PS5.....

27 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Thought I'd move this convo. I don't follow this stuff at all so I just saw a bunch of sites talking about it and thought it was true. If it's fake didn't know, but I don't think you should rule it out though as well, once again stuff I read online, but this Xbox Scorpio console is supposed to release this year, I would think PlayStation will probably want to bring out something as well to compete... PS5.....

Scorpio is a beefed up Xbox One. If the PS4 Pro doesn't last they'll just make a successor to that but they're probably going to monitor the Scorpio sales before putting a new machine on the market. Sony themselves even said they weren't sure if there will ever be a PS5.

Hey all, didn't have a lot of time for gaming over the holidays but have found a gem since things settled down.  I'd strongly recommend ARK if you like open world sandbox games.. I had overlooked it as a PC title for a couple years and now I'm wondering why lol very addicting and a great game for groups of friends. Even my little one loves it!  check out some vids and if you have any questions just task.  

1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I'm sure it's talked about somewhere here, but i'm not going to look. Has anyone played with the 3rd party controllers yet? Would you recommend them?

I dont think they are out yet. I've been looking for one of them.

1 hour ago, Nbanhl said:

Saw some switch talk a few posts up, $399 Canadian, man that is hoping to be a tough sell...

yeah, especially due to the lack of third party games. Nintendo games are great, but it would be awesome to play a game like GTA 5 on the road or w/e.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, c00kies said:

yeah, especially due to the lack of third party games. Nintendo games are great, but it would be awesome to play a game like GTA 5 on the road or w/e.

I'm getting one eventually for some great Nintendo games in HD for on the go, but yeah 3rd party won't be there just like Wii u

10 hours ago, Nbanhl said:

And games are same price as ps4/xb1 79.99, kinda sucks for those using it as a portable like me, hope w see some sales on games like Walmart/Best Buy seem to do a lot of the time

I've just never been that into Nintendo products. I've tried the Wii and Wii U and ended up getting rid of both. I can still play Mario Kart the odd time at a friends.

On 2017-02-04 at 5:05 PM, Nbanhl said:

Saw some switch talk a few posts up, $399 Canadian, man that is hoping to be a tough sell...

Pre-orders are soldout everywhere though. People selling theirs on craigslist for +$650

Accessories are going for a premium too. $65 per Joy-con, $90 for pro controller.

Rumours are that the graphics will be similar to games in 2013. Eg. Fifa 2017 will be coming to the Switch, but the graphics will be similar to those of Fifa 2013 lol.

I really hope the Switch fails so that Nintendo can get their act together.

42 minutes ago, CanucksHomer said:

Pre-orders are soldout everywhere though. People selling theirs on craigslist for +$650

Accessories are going for a premium too. $65 per Joy-con, $90 for pro controller.

Rumours are that the graphics will be similar to games in 2013. Eg. Fifa 2017 will be coming to the Switch, but the graphics will be similar to those of Fifa 2013 lol.

I really hope the Switch fails so that Nintendo can get their act together.

Those prices are absolutely ridiculous considering the Switch seems like a weak gimmick. Even though the pre-order numbers are good don't look at the pre-orders as a premature sign of success. It could very well just be scalpers just like the last few nintendo products (most recently the NES Mini).

I'm more than happy with Xbox and PlayStation. I'll probably get flamed but both companies have better exclusives than Nintendo IMO (unless you're still obsessed with Zelda). I tried all the big ones on the Wii U and the only one I liked was Mario Kart 8.

4 hours ago, Xbox said:

Those prices are absolutely ridiculous considering the Switch seems like a weak gimmick. Even though the pre-order numbers are good don't look at the pre-orders as a premature sign of success. It could very well just be scalpers just like the last few nintendo products (most recently the NES Mini).

I'm more than happy with Xbox and PlayStation. I'll probably get flamed but both companies have better exclusives than Nintendo IMO (unless you're still obsessed with Zelda). I tried all the big ones on the Wii U and the only one I liked was Mario Kart 8.

Nintendo's marketing plan always leads to great short-term success, but it's the long-term that is questioned after the novelty fades.

I agree with you on exclusives, but some people will get a console just for one game (and get other games after, but mainly for the one game).

If this thing had NHL on it that would be fun to play on the road.

• Upvote 1