The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Xbox One Thread

Kent.S

Guest Gumballthechewy

I'm still torn on the decision between the xbox one and the PS4. No idea how to make my decision.

To quote a wise man:

I would rather game with Craig than spend one minute having to set up an Xbox live account.

But seriously, like Lychees said, get the one that most of your friends have.

Here is a comparison chart of the two plus the Wii U:

http://ca.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_vs._Wii_U_Comparison_Chart

Edited by Gumballthechewy
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

My thoughts on XB1 games / plans for coming months:

Titanfall - best game I've ever played! If it was the only game I owned I'd never tire of it. Superb.

FIFA 14 - fantastic game, now finally started playing Pro Clubs (never played it before). No need to buy FIFA 15, this is a great game that will last ages.

AC4 - beautiful game, love the naval aspect. Much more enjoyable than previous AC incarnations. Won't be buying Unity for a while though, as this has so much content

Lego Marvel - only just started this, looks good, is fun to play. So many characters to use! Makes me hopeful for the other two Lego games.

Forza 5 - sadly, single player is tedious now, and multiplayer is full of morons. I won't be playing again.

Ryse - not played since February

Battlefield 4 + Call of Duty Ghosts + Thief - traded in/sold. BF4 was the worst game I've ever played (when I could), COD was made redundant by Titanfall, and Thief had that major bug that lost me nearly 8 hours of gaming that I would have to replay. I wasn't going to do that!

May = Lego Marvel + AC4 + Titanfall + FIFA 14
June = Elder Scrolls Online (cannot wait!) + Lego Marvel + FIFA 14

July = ESO + AC4 + FIFA 14
August = ESO + Titanfall + FIFA 14

Having read reviews of Watch Dogs, I'm now convinced I'd hate it. Looks like GTA (series I hate) mixed with Metal Gear (series I hate), mixed with Hitman (series I hate). Not interested in Wolfenstein. Kinect Sports is rubbish, glad I borrowed it rather than bought it.

Still deciding whether to pre-order Destiny or not. Any suggestions?

My thoughts on XB1 games / plans for coming months:

Titanfall - best game I've ever played! If it was the only game I owned I'd never tire of it. Superb.

FIFA 14 - fantastic game, now finally started playing Pro Clubs (never played it before). No need to buy FIFA 15, this is a great game that will last ages.

AC4 - beautiful game, love the naval aspect. Much more enjoyable than previous AC incarnations. Won't be buying Unity for a while though, as this has so much content

Lego Marvel - only just started this, looks good, is fun to play. So many characters to use! Makes me hopeful for the other two Lego games.

Forza 5 - sadly, single player is tedious now, and multiplayer is full of morons. I won't be playing again.

Ryse - not played since February

Battlefield 4 + Call of Duty Ghosts + Thief - traded in/sold. BF4 was the worst game I've ever played (when I could), COD was made redundant by Titanfall, and Thief had that major bug that lost me nearly 8 hours of gaming that I would have to replay. I wasn't going to do that!

May = Lego Marvel + AC4 + Titanfall + FIFA 14

June = Elder Scrolls Online (cannot wait!) + Lego Marvel + FIFA 14

July = ESO + AC4 + FIFA 14

August = ESO + Titanfall + FIFA 14

Having read reviews of Watch Dogs, I'm now convinced I'd hate it. Looks like GTA (series I hate) mixed with Metal Gear (series I hate), mixed with Hitman (series I hate). Not interested in Wolfenstein. Kinect Sports is rubbish, glad I borrowed it rather than bought it.

Still deciding whether to pre-order Destiny or not. Any suggestions?

I have wolfenstein pre-ordered... although that was almost more for the Doom beta than anything else... But it does look pretty sweet. I really wish renting games was still something that could be done, I really wanna play Sniper Elite 3 when it comes out, but I am not paying 60$ for it, ditto with EA UFC.

I own Assassin's Creed 4, Battlefield 4, Titanfall, and NFS: Rivals

I'm looking forward to Destiny, NHL 15 and Halo.

I don't play XB1 much outside of Titanfall. I find myself playing my 360 more because of the game library but that's the issue with launch consoles. As soon as Destiny/NHL 15 come out I can see the official transition happening for me.

I own Assassin's Creed 4, Battlefield 4, Titanfall, and NFS: Rivals

I'm looking forward to Destiny, NHL 15 and Halo.

I don't play XB1 much outside of Titanfall. I find myself playing my 360 more because of the game library but that's the issue with launch consoles. As soon as Destiny/NHL 15 come out I can see the official transition happening for me.

NHL and Madden are the only reasons I keep playing my 360 at all, once next years versions of both are out its good bye 360...

Although, I also use it right now until MS gets off their ass and allows USB video playback to the One... Insane that they still havent added that feature. I run an older version of windows and cant stream to my Xbone yet.

Typical. Elder Scrolls Online has been postponed by c. six months by Bethesda.

They have just lost my pre-order - by Christmas we'll have had Destiny, Halo, a new LOTR game...no need to pay to play ESO when there are so many great games on the market at that point.

Time to revise my plan for the summer!

Typical. Elder Scrolls Online has been postponed by c. six months by Bethesda.

They have just lost my pre-order - by Christmas we'll have had Destiny, Halo, a new LOTR game...no need to pay to play ESO when there are so many great games on the market at that point.

Time to revise my plan for the summer!

The mere fact that you plan your summer around video games is troubling ...

The mere fact that you plan your summer around video games is troubling ...

You must be new to the thread :P

Before this news I had planned what I was going to play each month up to September. I get 1hr of gaming per evening - if that - so I don't buy every game out there. Elder Scrolls Online was going to last me a long time, but now? I can't justify spending the money it'll cost when you've got NHL 15, Halo, Destiny, LOTR, Dragon Age, then later on Star Wars Battlefront...