The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Kings win 3-2 in OT

Brad Bellick^

What are you seeing in Luongo's play that makes you think he is so much worse than he was?

I see him squaring up properly more often, like Schneider, and his stick handling is miles ahead of when he first got here. I think he is as good as ever, if not better.

You may not find too many who share this opinion.

if the canucks score 1 Luongo gives up 2, if they score 2 he gives up 3. What is so fantastic about that. If the canucks averaged 4 goals a game his GAA would be about 5. What saves his GAA is that the Canucks can't score.

Yeah, you're right, we should trade him for a bag of puckZ!!

He should score goalz toooooo!!!

Not good enufffff!!!

The only "non tough" team there is the Blackhawks, and they have a better core. Next question.

I don't think Sharks are any bigger, nor the current edition of the ducks. Toughness on the other hand is something I agree the canucks is totally lacking.

So how are people feeling about our D now?

I've been reading many posts about our d corps being solid.. Mmmmm not so much.

Still can't score.. PP looking fragile.. This team is in a lot of trouble unfortunately.

Thank you for agreeing with my earlier post. Our D is overrated and often makes critical mistakes. We are average at best, and usually Lu keeps us in it. Not tonight though! Friggin sucks how much $ is tied up in our D, and for how long

he got Samuelsson who played the 2nd line and was good at it he also got Higgins and Lapierre in trades people forget about that

Grabner is no longer on Florida Ballard is no longer on Vancouver both teams screwed that trade up

Schneider was nowhere close to taking over when Luongo signed that deal that point is pointless

Schneider Grabner Coho and a 1st didn't get traded to one team it was 3 separate trades Gillis went for Ballard that didn't pan out whether it was AV or Ballard nobody will know what he could of been Grabner was expendable after Raymond's 25 goal season

Coho rumored personality issues with the team was shipped off for Kassian who is 1 year younger and was fed 1st line minutes when he should of been in the AHL still until he was ready pushed because of the trade

Schneider the trade was made 1 year after trying to move Luongo and again if people actually take their heads out of their asses and look at past goalie trades he got fair value when teams knew one of them had to be moved

Booth wasn't signed by the Canucks genius he was traded for Samuelsson and Sturm guess how well those two are doing i let you look them up on your own while Booth who has been injured with serious injuries throughout his time with the Canucks has shown signs of being that top 6 forward the Canucks need

talk core and facts all you want Gillis got the players and changed the culture that brought this team past the 2nd round Burke and Nonis failed to do this that is a fact both had time to do so and failed both in their last years with the Canucks decided to sign and trade for plugs and failed projects

dude...THEY WERE BAD TRADES YOU CAN RATIONALIZE THEM ALL YOU WANT

WHAT WE TRADED - HOW ARE THEY PERFORMING

WHAT THE RETURN WAS - HOW ARE THEY PERFORMING

THAT IS HOW YOU EVALUATE

SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP ITS FACT

MG IS TERRIBLE AT TRADES if you can't see that i am sorry but you're not convincing anyone who looks at reality

is he good at signings sure

is he good at winning trades or at least breaking even no friggen way

Negatives:

- Give up late goal, lose in OT/SO same sh*t different day.

-The defensive brain farts are getting old, they also take too many risks in the offensive zone GTF back and defend!!

- They fire 40 shots on net, i watched the entire game and honestly we did NOT look dangerous

Positives:

-This team has a lot more bite than in previous years, Nolan was a marked man after the hit on Hank.

-Held the Kings to just a measly 22 shots.

- Still managed to pick up a point

Negatives:

- Give up late goal, lose in OT/SO same sh*t different day.

-The defensive brain farts are getting old, they also take too many risks in the offensive zone GTF back and defend!!

- They fire 40 shots on net, i watched the entire game and honestly we did NOT look dangerous

Positives:

-This team has a lot more bite than in previous years, Nolan was a marked man after the hit on Hank.

-Held the Kings to just a measly 22 shots.

- Still managed to pick up a point

agree this whole focus on how many shots is not the right metric, scoring chances is. you can take 50 shots from the outside, it doesn't matter.

i saw a few decent attempts tonight and incrediblly they came from booth. twice he drove hard to the net problem is we're either going in alone like that, or the support is going TOO HARD to the net.

when one forward drives the crease, the other guys need to slow down a bit bec the puck may squirt out...instead it seems like they yell 'charge' and everyone scrums the net hoping it will bounce off a leg.

i get it, this is part of breaking out of a scoring slump, finding a greasy goal....but they need to play a bit smarter. slow down as they approach the crease so they can react vs being 'ahead of the play'...

Canucks biggest problem is either the sisters have really gone down hill (I think this is the case) or people have completely figured them out. Either way, there's no replacement for them, and the money puck scheme isn't working in fetching MG the forwards that he thinks he's signing. Drafting/development has been poor, and MG already pissed away all that he can. So yeah there's a vacuum in scoring right now that they desperately trying to fix but can't because you can't make chicken salad out of chicken you know what, and no "reset button" is gonna solve that. All that defect in scoring is now piled on top of a D core made of bunch of 2nd line Ds (yay more money puck) and the goal tending and people wonder why canucks D men make bad decisions at key moments: they simply got overwhelmed. Hell if I am the D man knowing my team can't score and fuxking crosby malkin is coming down 2 on 1 I'd crap my pants too.

This one hurts really bad! We played great! 2-3 horrible brain fart mistakes and boom were done. Edler goes for a big hit rather than just grabbing the puck and either playing it behind the net to his teammate or skating it behind the net himself. Stupid stupid stupid. Bieksa brain fart and Kesler fly-by coverage on that 2nd goal, making that pass to the front as easy as it gets. Unreal. I don't blame Lu for most of these games but a big save there would have been nice. His post game comments seemed like he was so down on himself. The guy tries so hard and has done so much, but hey you're a starting goalie and make big bucks, so come back strong big guy and please please give eddy and bieksa a smack for me and tell them to wake the duck up

Thank you for agreeing with my earlier post. Our D is overrated and often makes critical mistakes. We are average at best, and usually Lu keeps us in it. Not tonight though! Friggin sucks how much $ is tied up in our D, and for how long

I hate to agree with you but you are right that our D is overrated and are costing us too much. Only players that I don't want to see moved now are Hamhuis, Tanev, and Bieksa. I have mixed feelings about Garrison's play. I like what he does on defence, doesn't make too many mistakes however, watching him man the right point on PP is so painful compared to what Salo did when he was here. First off, just taking the puck off the board, Salo can let the one timer go from time to time without having to settle the puck down, Garrison can't. On 5-on-3 and 4-on3 PP's, Salo was so good at tightening in and pressuring the opposing D, Garrison always stays far back even though it's 5-on-3.

We should keep Hamhuis and Tanev for sure. Bieksa, although he makes mistakes from time to time, he brings other things so I'm all for keeping him. Stanton costs almost nothing and he is playing well so we should keep him for sure. That leaves either Edler or Garrison as expendable. To me, they basically bring the same thing offensively with Edler being better at laying hits and making the first pass whereas Garrison being more reliable defensively. We badly need someone to replace Salo and if we can get that by trading one of the two, then we need to do so.

Canucks biggest problem is either the sisters have really gone down hill (I think this is the case) or people have completely figured them out. Either way, there's no replacement for them, and the money puck scheme isn't working in fetching MG the forwards that he thinks he's signing. Drafting/development has been poor, and MG already pissed away all that he can. So yeah there's a vacuum in scoring right now that they desperately trying to fix but can't because you can't make chicken salad out of chicken you know what, and no "reset button" is gonna solve that. All that defect in scoring is now piled on top of a D core made of bunch of 2nd line Ds (yay more money puck) and the goal tending and people wonder why canucks D men make bad decisions at key moments: they simply got overwhelmed. Hell if I am the D man knowing my team can't score and fuxking crosby malkin is coming down 2 on 1 I'd crap my pants too.

Ok

1. Sisters? i suggest you try taking the beating those two take on a nightly basis and i am sure you'll be crying in about 4 minutes

2. You might want to look at where hank is in the scoring race. I am sure you'd want any of the names around him yet you say he's going downhill lol

Would you take Perry? P.Kane? How bout Malkin?Ovechkin? well guess what? Perry is tied, Kane 1pt ahead, Ovechkin 2pts ahead, Crosby is 4 pts ahead...

So why don't you start giving an ELITE PLAYER THE RESPECT HE DESERVES VS SOUNDING LIKE A TYPICAL WHINY FAN. Be objective before you make comments.

Daniel, sure not having his greatest year, but he's only 3pts behind Henrik and on pace for a 75pt year. One good game and Daniel is top 10 in scoring.

consider yourself owned

Ok

1. Sisters? i suggest you try taking the beating those two take on a nightly basis and i am sure you'll be crying in about 4 minutes

2. You might want to look at where hank is in the scoring race. I am sure you'd want any of the names around him yet you say he's going downhill lol

Would you take Perry? P.Kane? How bout Malkin?Ovechkin? well guess what? Perry is tied, Kane 1pt ahead, Ovechkin 2pts ahead, Crosby is 4 pts ahead...

So why don't you start giving an ELITE PLAYER THE RESPECT HE DESERVES VS SOUNDING LIKE A TYPICAL WHINY FAN. Be objective before you make comments.

Daniel, sure not having his greatest year, but he's only 3pts behind Henrik and on pace for a 75pt year. One good game and Daniel is top 10 in scoring.

consider yourself owned

agreed .. shut up with the stupid insults

Archived