The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Kings win 3-2 in OT

Brad Bellick^

Kesler, Edler and Bieksa all make big mistakes on the game tying and game winning goals that essentially cost us this win. We can't keep having our core guys let us down both offensively and defensively.

I think the Canucks actually have quite a bit of depth this season, and Torts needs to use it a bit more because this core is getting older and much worse. Sure, they're our best players but depth defencemen like Tanev and Stanton are playing superbly and deserve more than say 10 minutes a game in Stanton's case. As for forwards, Kassian and Weise have played brilliantly this season and deserve 15 minutes, not 5 or 10.

Our top guys are playing far too much and they're making stupid mistakes because of it. Edler played 28 minutes and costs us the GWG in OT. Kesler was again up there in minutes and left his man wide open and drifting towards the passer. Simple mistakes that could easily be due to mental fatigue.

Yikes, it's coming down pretty hard in here...

it was entertaining to say the least. It only took knocking out Danny's tooth & knocking all the wind out of our Capitan to have the pushback that we gave to the Kings. I loved how Stanton, Sestito, & Kass came after the Kings in the 2nd. Keep that up, no more liberties, it should not even be that way to begin with. Play with that 2nd period mentality every game, start throwing more hits, if we do this, the game changes in our favour. It works for other teams. I want more hits, hits, hits.

Canucks biggest problem is either the sisters have really gone down hill (I think this is the case) or people have completely figured them out. Either way, there's no replacement for them, and the money puck scheme isn't working in fetching MG the forwards that he thinks he's signing. Drafting/development has been poor, and MG already pissed away all that he can. So yeah there's a vacuum in scoring right now that they desperately trying to fix but can't because you can't make chicken salad out of chicken you know what, and no "reset button" is gonna solve that. All that defect in scoring is now piled on top of a D core made of bunch of 2nd line Ds (yay more money puck) and the goal tending and people wonder why canucks D men make bad decisions at key moments: they simply got overwhelmed. Hell if I am the D man knowing my team can't score and fuxking crosby malkin is coming down 2 on 1 I'd crap my pants too.

You lost me at sisters. So damn disrespectful of two of the hardest working canucks

Kesler, Edler and Bieksa all make big mistakes on the game tying and game winning goals that essentially cost us this win. We can't keep having our core guys let us down both offensively and defensively.

I think the Canucks actually have quite a bit of depth this season, and Torts needs to use it a bit more because this core is getting older and much worse. Sure, they're our best players but depth defencemen like Tanev and Stanton are playing superbly and deserve more than say 10 minutes a game in Stanton's case. As for forwards, Kassian and Weise have played brilliantly this season and deserve 15 minutes, not 5 or 10.

Our top guys are playing far too much and they're making stupid mistakes because of it. Edler played 28 minutes and costs us the GWG in OT. Kesler was again up there in minutes and left his man wide open and drifting towards the passer. Simple mistakes that could easily be due to mental fatigue.

I like your style

Yikes, it's coming down pretty hard in here...

it was entertaining to say the least. It only took knocking out Danny's tooth & knocking all the wind out of our Capitan to have the pushback that we gave to the Kings. I loved how Stanton, Sestito, & Kass came after the Kings in the 2nd. Keep that up, no more liberties, it should not even be that way to begin with. Play with that 2nd period mentality every game, start throwing more hits, if we do this, the game changes in our favour. It works for other teams. I want more hits, hits, hits.

that shift where they went after brown, kopitar et al was pretty cool.

)O*

I said they are on the decline, try arguing against that instead of looking at the stats with rose colored glasses.

Henrik is on pace for 79 points:

http://www.tsn.ca/nh...rs/bio/?id=1917

Daniel is on pace for 69 points:

http://www.tsn.ca/nh...io/?id=19117777

Daniel tallied 67 points two years ago.

Henrik tallied 82 points two years ago.

Both brothers are on pace for the same production they maintained from 2005 through 2009 ,as well.

Thanks for the brilliant analysis Hank. Way to step up there and show some leadership.

Yeah,thanks for reminding Gillis of the three season long fail he is conducting.

Maybe Mike will trade for somebody else not named Sedin that can score and create goals.

I actually think it was Hansen who started the push back. Good fore check followed by a couple of slashes, got the entire line pumped... about f'n time they start to push back. It was more like play off hockey, and it was good to see them stand up to be counted...despite the 2 goals we lost the game with.

If they play with that fire every game, the tide will turn.

One worrying thing though (besides lack of scoring) is the amount of odd man rushes we seem to give up. Game could easily have been over in 20 min if it wasn't for the class a saves Lou made..

Not sure why some are coming down on Edler, thought he was playing "big" out there again last night. He threw some nice hits and was shooting every chance he got. Edler looks better now than he has at any time in the last few years. I would like to see Edler get pissed and throw the gloves off, see what the big man can do with his fists. I have not been an Edler fan at all (ask my family) but I am starting to come around, as he is using his size more to his advantage.

I think it is just a matter of the guys learning to get the garbage goals, getting dirty and knowing where and when to be in front of the net and imposing themselves on the opposition. This is simply not the game they played under AV, and it will take some time to "get there", but when they do watch out.

Burrows vs Regehr, what a beauty. The Kings knew it was a different opposition they had seen last night, not the pushover from the last few years.

Torts is in the process of building a playoff team and it will take a while to get them there, as they are having to relearn "simple hockey" and move away from everything they had been doing the past few years.

The two goals at the end were next to impossible to stop. I don't see how people can blame Lu for those.

They were tough saves, but not unstoppable. An olympic calibre goalie needs to stop at least one of thosse two shots at that point in the game imo.

When a guy is left wide open right in front of the net with the play happening behind it (directing Lu's attention THERE), it's hard to fault him.

We started off really bad/shaky but took over. It was sad that a couple of gaffs had things go the way they did because, overall, we played tough (I hate LA, they're so stinkin dirty). I don't know, as much as I hate losing in OT, I love the pushback we're seeing and I'd rather go down swinging than not.

Cheap ass stuff happening and the refs were on top of it...we HAVE to capitalize on all those PP's when they're making the calls.

We have to control the puck better...guys are really fumbly with the puck...not sure if the ice was bad or what, but it was hopping over/around their sticks a lot.

I'm not completely devastated as some are....I want my team to stand in there with goons and thugs and stand their ground. They did that.

Archived