The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(GDT) Vancouver vs LA

Cucumber

This team needs help.

But that was a 2-2 game. frackin refs. Not many bright spots. I'm going to go imagine inanimate objects are Dustin Brown and punch them.

Even though that shouldve been a penalty. This game isnt on the refs. This loss is because we didnt play well. Luongo had 49 saves we shouldnt be allowing that many shots. Plus we didnt finish on chances. Blaming refs for our losses does nothing but make canuck fans look bad.

The Sedins again are invisible $7 M players. Shameful. Gillis should have waited to re-sign them until after the Olympic break. IMHO.

Wholeheartedly agree. I know its faux pas around here to say anything negative about them and im sure some ppl will think oh yeah saying this after a loss etc etc but I really wish MG had waited to see what we were gonna get from them this year before throwing that money at them. They just cannot hang against very physical teams and in our division thats death.

Lu showed up and no one else bothered to. How on earth are we supposed to contend with top teams like this... yeah, we aren't. Luu stands on his head, everyone else sits on their butts. Fustrating.

I'm sure going up against the #1 Ducks tomorrow will have different results :picard: I sure hope it does, but I'm not holding my breath... I'll be there cheering our nucks but dayum...

Wholeheartedly agree. I know its faux pas around here to say anything negative about them and im sure some ppl will think oh yeah saying this after a loss etc etc but I really wish MG had waited to see what we were gonna get from them this year before throwing that money at them. They just cannot hang against very physical teams and in our division thats death.

I would never call them soft. Never. However I would never call them strong either. They are mediocre when you take their ability to set up a play away from them. Time to split up the not so Wonder twins.

LA & Chi are superior to everyone. I don't care what Anaheim does. Everyone just wants to avoid playing either of the first two in the first round.

If anyone get stuck playing Chicago, may as well hang it up.

Anaheim is actually better than Chicago if you look at the stats (points per game, goals for, goals against). They just never get the respect they deserve for some reason.

Out of LA, Chicago and Anaheim, the Canucks would have the best chance against Chicago IMO.

Chicago is a small team with average goaltending. One of the only teams in the west that the Canucks can match up physically against.

Canucks will find out tomorrow just how good Anaheim is. Have they even lost at home yet?

Canucks should just fly back home tonight and forfeit the game.

Two thoughts: we may have hit the jackpot with Tanev he's still young and he just keeps getting better and better. And Kassian might just start earning top six minutes, he's starting to get it. Oh yeah, and does Mark Lee really have to cheer for the Kings so openly? OK lastly, I want to go on the fan tour to LA and Anaheim next year.

If it wasn't for the Canucks goalies, we'd be where the Oilers are now.

Our defense is pathetic.

Did you count the failed attempts to clear the puck from our zone and the brutal giveaways they did?

They, and lack of scoring, cost us the game.

Stanton and Edler are out. It has put a lot more pressure on the rest of them. It's starting to show. I'm not entirely convinced that is the problem but it's a better solution than "wahhh they suck." I'll reserve judgement until everyone is back and healthy.

This team needs help.

But that was a 2-2 game. frackin refs. Not many bright spots. I'm going to go imagine inanimate objects are Dustin Brown and punch them.

Don`t look to the farm for help, Gillis has botched the draft terribly. Nothing coming along on the farm. Gills`ineptitude beginning to show. Tough years ahead.

Anaheim is actually better than Chicago if you look at the stats (points per game, goals for, goals against). They just never get the respect they deserve for some reason.

Out of LA, Chicago and Anaheim, the Canucks would have the best chance against Chicago IMO.

Chicago is a small team with average goaltending. One of the only teams in the west that the Canucks can match up physically against.

Canucks will find out tomorrow just how good Anaheim is. Have they even lost at home yet?

Canucks should just fly back home tonight and forfeit the game.

Don`t forget St Louis. Big, deep, good goaltending and well coached. We don`t match up against them either.

Definitely not a very solid game from us. Looks like a lot of our defensive break downs carried over from the TB game. Which is unfortunate cause if our defense even played moderately good Luongo probably would have got a shutout, he was that good tonight.

Don`t look to the farm for help, Gillis has botched the draft terribly. Nothing coming along on the farm. Gills`ineptitude beginning to show. Tough years ahead.

Gaunce

Horvat

Shinkaruk

Jensen

Corrado

Schroeder

Not the deepest, but nowhere near but nowhere near being as doom and gloom as people like to say.

Archived