The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]1 second

Blueberries

Results always trump good efforts, but in two back to back games against arguably top five teams, we've led in both and could have won either, even if unearned effort wise based on 100 total shots against.

This was a good point to earn regardless of how it ended, with all the injuries this team still leads the league in PK and can roll with the best even when they are probably playing with less energy than the other guys, just because they're more taxed injury wise.

Yes, these last two games shows everyone that the team has the will and effort to win, but with the injuries they're running out of gas against the high octane teams. Tortorella needs to start trusting a young player like Corrado, the mental mistakes are just oxygen deprivation.

Well I'd be more bitter about this loss if it weren't for their obvious tiredness and their increasingly thin ranks. Their goaltending has been outstanding, and major kudos to Eddie Lack for keeping them in this game.

I think the Canucks either have to grow some of their draft picks into players or take a flyer on some projects to bolster their ranks.

Canucks PR person? lol

Like 10 days ago this team was a bonafide contender, and today it is bust for McDavid. Sports fans really are a silly group.

I think its just that these teams are who will have to beat to get anywhere in the playoffs. December was sweet, but that was December.

It really doesn't matter if we lose with 1 second in OT or in a shootout we can't score in

What bothers me is that in the last two games our goalie is fair game, and we do nothing about it. Our PK is dependable enough that we can take the chance of either going after guys who touch the goalie, or run theirs in turn

Like 10 days ago this team was a bonafide contender, and today it is bust for McDavid. Sports fans really are a silly group.

They weren't a bonafide contender. They've had a couple of solid wins against good teams, but they were mostly beating teams below them that they should be beating. And even then, we were only scoring a couple goals per game against weaker teams, with Lack getting a couple of shutouts.

I think fans are just frustrated seeing the same story over and over again. This team has had the same problems for years, and management has failed to address them in the slightest.

It seems like it's good enough for them to just make the playoffs and see what happens, rather than do anything they can to get this team back to being a contender.

If our only goal is to win a round or two, then we might as well pack it up and start rebuilding. But if they wanna go for it then go for it, there's no halfway. That's how you become a perennial middle of the pack team with no improvement.

They weren't a bonafide contender. They've had a couple of solid wins against good teams, but they were mostly beating teams below them that they should be beating. And even then, we were only scoring a couple goals per game against weaker teams, with Lack getting a couple of shutouts.

Chicago

Boston

Nashville (still a decent team lost Rinne)

Minnesota

Phoenix

5 wins out of the 10 in December people have short memories

The Ducks just scraped by us.

They quite literally let us dominate for a full period. As soon as the second period started they showed why they were elite. We couldn't handle Penner or Perry. We got flat out dominated for the two thirds of the game and they scored at will. If not for Lack this could have been a LOT worse. The only thing indicating they scraped by is the score.

They quite literally let us dominate for a full period. As soon as the second period started they showed why they were elite. We couldn't handle Penner or Perry. We got flat out dominated for the two thirds of the game and they scored at will. If not for Lack this could have been a LOT worse. The only thing indicating they scraped by is the score.

4 goals isn't scoring at will especially when all 4 goals were mental mistakes by the Canucks had squat to do with the Ducks out working the Canucks ya they out shot us but the Canucks gift wrapped 4 goals

Wow reading some of these comments hurt my brain, I remember earlier this season when Garrison was playing awesome and people on CDC were drooling over him and even suggesting Norris and now they want him traded cause he's in a bad slump? Holy bipolar bandwagon batman

If we were 100% healthy and rested we would be hard pressed to beat contenders like LA and Anaheim. Especially in their buildings.

Back to back and decimated by injury....well its hard to watch.

We have fallen back and others have gotten stronger. The guys are gamers but no quality help has emerged.

Real dissapointed in some of our role players...Booth and Hansen especially.

I agree that it may be the year to move a few vets to acquire a quality young player and open up some roster spots.

Wow reading some of these comments hurt my brain, I remember earlier this season when Garrison was playing awesome and people on CDC were drooling over him and even suggesting Norris and now they want him traded cause he's in a bad slump? Holy bipolar bandwagon batman

If it makes you feel any better I never liked him. Then again I hate half our current roster. So that isn't saying much.

Chicago

Boston

Nashville (still a decent team lost Rinne)

Minnesota

Phoenix

5 wins out of the 10 in December people have short memories

the fact that we needed that incredible run in December just to hold onto 7th shows how bad we've been the rest of the year

This team is NOT a contender. They are far from it at this moment. And don't give me that crap about that winning streak in December, look at the teams we fought that month. I just see no way of us beating any of San Jose, Kings, Ducks, or Hawks in the playoffs if we play any of them, which is very likely, especially in a 7 game series ouch

Garrison is useless. Giving that guy a NTC shows how irretrievably stupid Mike Gillis is.

As long as he is a top four defenseman, this team is fu(&3d.

:picard: I know he was bad, but aren't you kind of overreacting? I swear just some time ago everyone was praising him.

the fact that we needed that incredible run in December just to hold onto 7th shows how bad we've been the rest of the year

7th 2 points from 5th 6 points from 4th with games they should of won missing out on 4 points with a healthy team they are probably 2 points back of San Jose

Minnesota and Dallas are the only threats for pushing the Canucks out even then they aren't exactly lighting it up then throw in Colorado and Phoenix who have been up and down all season even LA had lost 5 games in a row before facing the Canucks

it's not as bleak as people think

Archived