The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Clayton Kershaw signs $215 million 7 year deal with Dodgers

TheGreatOne007

30mill a year.. holy geez. Could you imagine. I'm definitely in the wrong profession

Baseball is where the money is at. Some bottom half rotation pitchers get paid more than guys like Crosby and AO and they play fewer games and don't have their bodies broken.

If I could be any type of professional athlete I wanted it would for sure be a baseball player.

Look at the cash being thrown around, nobody wanting to take your head off, no intense off season training regimen for most of them. I mean look at Prince Fielder. 10 year $214 million dollars, doesn't look like he spends all day in the gym really. And on game day all you do is roll up to the field a few hours before game time, hang out in the clubhouse and do like 10-15 min of batting practice. I've heard some guys literally just hang out in the clubhouse and play videogames before the game starts

If I could be any type of professional athlete I wanted it would for sure be a baseball player.

Look at the cash being thrown around, nobody wanting to take your head off, no intense off season training regimen for most of them. I mean look at Prince Fielder. 10 year $214 million dollars, doesn't look like he spends all day in the gym really. And on game day all you do is roll up to the field a few hours before game time, hang out in the clubhouse and do like 10-15 min of batting practice. I've heard some guys literally just hang out in the clubhouse and play videogames before the game starts

Or if you play for the Red Sox they come fully stocked with booze in the clubhouse. Be a DH like David Ortiz and just bat 4-5 times a game and not even have to play in the field while getting 15 million a year.

Baseball is where the money is at. Some bottom half rotation pitchers get paid more than guys like Crosby and AO and they play fewer games and don't have their bodies broken.

lol alot of rookies get 1 million dollar signing bonuses, so their bonus alone is more than double what a rookie in the NHL's salary usually is

Think 24 is too late to start a pro-baseball career? I'm pretty fit as is.

yes

i'm friends with Jimmy Van Ostrand, he got drafted by the Pirates when he was 19 but decided to finish school o he didn't sign. then he got drafted again in 2006 by the Astros when he was 22 and has been in the minors ever since despite putting up good numbers and making the canadian olympic team in 2008

think he's playing for the Nationals double A team right now but he's 29 so he's probably never going to get called up to the majors which kind of sucks

Dam, and to think I am left handed and I used to pitch in my backyard. If only I stayed at it, you are almost guaranteed a contract if your left handed and can throw in the 90'mph.

Just for the lolz, does anyone know where you can get your pitches clocked?, maybe a batting cage has one? Be interesting to see what could of been haha.

yes

i'm friends with Jimmy Van Ostrand, he got drafted by the Pirates when he was 19 but decided to finish school o he didn't sign. then he got drafted again in 2006 by the Astros when he was 22 and has been in the minors ever since despite putting up good numbers and making the canadian olympic team in 2008

think he's playing for the Nationals double A team right now but he's 29 so he's probably never going to get called up to the majors which kind of sucks

Speaking of the Astros...

Kershaw makes 30 million a year.

The Astros entire team payroll is 21 million.

Archived