The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Give the main core one more year

Maybe its not a bad idea? Gillis slcompleteMaybeand I think the guys that can be traded are core players but are not the Sedins or Kesler

So this is the holes we are missing.

D.Sedin-H.Sedin__________

_________-Kesler-Kassain(If you notice they play great together)

Higgins-Horvat-Hansen

Sesito-Richardson-Lain

Hamhuis-_______

Garrison-Tanev

Stanton-Bieksa

Luongo

Lack

Trade Garrison + 2nd + Gaunce to Carolina for Jeff Skinner

Trade Burrows to any team for a late 1st rounder (20-30) or a 2nd round pick and a solid prosepct

Buyout Booth

Lose 5+4.25+4.5

Gain-5.75

Cap goes up 7 million

Calculations

13.75-5.75= 8

8+7=15 million to make are lineup complete

Re-Sign

Chris Tanev 5 years @ 3.175 per years

Sign

Matt Niskanen 2 years @4.5 million per

Ryan Callahan 5 years 6 million per

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Callahan

Skinner-Kesler-Kassain

Higgins-Horvat-Hansen

Sestito-Richardson-Lain

Hamhuis-Niskanen

Edler-Tanev

Stanton-Bieksa

Luongo

Lack

I think Burrows has lost his value and can fetch a 2nd at best, the guy has no goals this season there is no way that he get's a 1st. It's better to keep the guy and give him time to return form. I can see him being like Kesler and needing until after the off season to get back to where he was before.

Garrison should stay, we need that big shot.

Edler can go as he is on the ice for a lot of goals. He can fetch a 1st and a player though as he still has value for his offensive play.

If we trade Edler for a 1st and roster player it would be valuable to the future of the team.

With two 1sts in this years draft that gives us 6 in the past 4 years, giving the Canucks a future. Since we need forward prospects more than D I think Stanton and Corrado are all we really need for the next few years unless we can get a top D prospect. With guys like Hamhuis, Tanev, Garrison, and Bieksa on our D core we are all set.

I dont know for next year but I could see our lines looking like this in 2-3 years time.

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Shinkaruk Horvat Kassian

Higgins Gaunce Burrows

Sestito Lain Jensen

Hamhuis Tanev

Garrison Bieksa

Stanton Corrado

Luongo

Lack

And thats not even including whoever we draft this year. If our guys get their game back, the future looks bright once again.

I think Burrows has lost his value and can fetch a 2nd at best, the guy has no goals this season there is no way that he get's a 1st. It's better to keep the guy and give him time to return form. I can see him being like Kesler and needing until after the off season to get back to where he was before.

See the thing is (with most of the guys here in general), what if they don't return to form? What if Burr (he's 32), Booth (super streaky and hasn't been the same since he got injured) and Danny (33) are all downward trending for good, and Edler's already peaked? I say this not because I've got the answer but who knows? Maybe they will all return to form in some manner and if we let them go too early we might receive too little (I agree with you on your point of keeping him when I say this) but again, what if he just keeps declining? There's just so much risk either way and I'm glad I'm not the GM.

If we could trade each of them for good returns I would be down for it though (like how Clowe got two 2nd's plus a 3rd when he was having an off-year, we could have a bunch of 2nd's and young prospects when all's said and done).

Maybe its not a bad idea? Gillis slcompleteMaybeand I think the guys that can be traded are core players but are not the Sedins or Kesler

So this is the holes we are missing.

--------- --------- -----------

D.Sedin-H.Sedin__________

_________-Kesler-Kassain(If you notice they play great together)

Higgins-Horvat-Hansen

Fixed for accuracy.

D.Sedin-H.Sedin Burrows

Spot 1-Kesler-Kassain(If you notice they play great together)

Higgins-Horvat-Hansen

Sesito-Richardson-Lain

Hamhuis-Tanev

Garrison-Diaz

Stanton-Bieksa

Luongo

Lack

Spot one to be filled by

A player willing to take a 4 year or less contract

Callahan

Moulson

Vanek

Stastny

Can also be swapped with Burrows on top line.

If you watch Burrows he is doing all the right things then can't see a check or the puck because of his mask. Then he gets deflated in a game after 4-5 bobbles and doesn't play as well. I believe he just needs to be without the mask an a little time.

Archived