The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]Another Loss

Ryan kesler the beast

That much is very very clear.

yes. age discrimination is the answer.

lol on another note, I left for Jamaica last Saturday and returned last night. the last gamei watched was against wpg. looks like I didnt miss much haha. oh well. nick Ritchie here we come. or tuuuuuuuuch

We don't really mind as long as it's only once every 11 years

That's ok ..When we get healthy we will clobber you again and maybe let you win another one in 2025

That's cute. I'm glad you guys care so much about the past. Who cares if we lost to you in the last 10 or so games, we have cups in our history. Doesn't matter if it was 1967, we still can google "Maple Leafs stanley cup winning team" and find a photo of our team actually winning the cup.

I think it's pathetic that a fan would bring up 1967 as if it's a good thing. However, Rob Ford and Justin Bieber are from the same area, so pathetic is typical.

It's not a good thing. That being said, I'd rather have 1 cup since 1967 than 0 since 1970.

I'm convince Daniel is injured. It will be announced at season end when he has surgery. I believe it is his left shoulder.

people always assume struggling players are injured...

If he's injured, He should join his brother and not go to Sochi.

He cannot go to the Olympics and use the phantom injury excuse for his piss poor play

sestito- had a great stretch this season where he was one of our most exciting players. has returned to his "goon" form. goons often arent the greatest players and will get stuck in their own end. dont expect more hes not lucic.

In his defence, Sully probably ruined his confidence playing him 5 minutes a game during Torts' suspension.

It's not a good thing. That being said, I'd rather have 1 cup since 1967 than 0 since 1970.

Ugh, no one wants to hear from a delusional leafs fan, we have enough delusional canucks fans to deal with.

The WCE era saw us win one bloody playoff round in years, only because St. Louis had the flu.

I certainly hope more success than that is 'around the corner.'

It's more success than we can hope for any time soon.

My thoughts?

Well I'm thinking this analysis should have been put in the PGT, along with everyone else's. There is nothing jaw-dropping about any of this OP to make it worth it's own thread.

Also thinking that it's never a good thing when non-scorers look like your best players.

Shortly after a cup run, we bring in NYR's coach and steadily decline. We ARE in the late 90's again!

Hopefully that means a nice rebuild is around the corner, ala the WCE era.

as much as keenan is hated by everyone..

he did more to move this franchise forward In 1 ballsy trade then MG has his entire tenure here:

Linden right before his decline for Todd Bertuzzi, Bryan McCabe (which turned into a Sedin) And Jarko Rutuu (pick)

and no a rebuild is not around the corner until MG leaves.. He wont make any significant moves and has made clear his loyalty to declining stale players coasting thru their NTC contracts.

That's cute. I'm glad you guys care so much about the past. Who cares if we lost to you in the last 10 or so games, we have cups in our history. Doesn't matter if it was 1967, we still can google "Maple Leafs stanley cup winning team" and find a photo of our team actually winning the cup.

well have you actually tried googling Vancouver canucks Stanley cup winners?

http://threeheadedblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/canucksceleb21.jpg

Trading Linden was probably the most shameful thing the Canucks ever did.

What we need to do is start drafting players to compliment our core. Not disrespecting our core over and over again and ditching them for players that other teams are able to draft.

What's sad is that people here view the Linden trade as great. It was not great. Nothing about the Keenan era was great. But with hindsight being 20/20, it turned out to be good.

Do you know where i'm going with this? Why do we applaud the Linden trade using 20/20 hindsight while excusing our horrible drafting... Because hindsight is 20/20?!?!?!

Time to end the cycle of failure, folks. Time to start DRAFTING and DEVELOPING the help our core needs.

Trading Linden was probably the most shameful thing the Canucks ever did.

What we need to do is start drafting players to compliment our core. Not disrespecting our core over and over again and ditching them for players that other teams are able to draft.

What's sad is that people here view the Linden trade as great. It was not great. Nothing about the Keenan era was great. But with hindsight being 20/20, it turned out to be good.

Do you know where i'm going with this? Why do we applaud the Linden trade using 20/20 hindsight while excusing our horrible drafting... Because hindsight is 20/20?!?!?!

Time to end the cycle of failure, folks. Time to start DRAFTING and DEVELOPING the help our core needs.

how exactly was the linden trade shameful besides emotional/sentimental reasons...

Linden was traded right before his decline, And got us a massive return that we still reap the benefits of till this day..

emotional canuck fans need to get over themselves and their obsessions with certain players that goes against any factual logic.

how exactly was the linden trade shameful besides emotional/sentimental reasons...

Linden was traded right before his decline, And got us a massive return that we still reap the benefits of till this day..

emotional canuck fans need to get over themselves and their obsessions with certain players that goes against any factual logic.

Linden gave his heart and soul to this team, played his entire on a Canuck hometown discount, and is regarded the best Canuck ever.

How was it shameful? Really?

Again, Keenan ruined this team. He didn't make it better. Only using hindsight does that trade pan out for us, however the WCE didn't do anything in the playoffs but win one round, so what are we referring to?

I think more fans need to realize what it takes for great franchises to be great. A great franchise would NEVER trade Linden. It was the most shameful thing the Canucks ever did. At least Burke realized that and got him back for us.

What we need to do, again, is to start drafting and developing the players required to help our core guys out. This is what great franchises do.

How? Most regard the WCE as a playoff failure.

We want more than that, please.

lol other than our 3 cup runs, the 2nd round is as far as we get.

Of course we want more, of course we want to draft and develop players, but if we hold onto rapidly declining players too long, more is not what we will get.

Shortly after a cup run, we bring in NYR's coach and steadily decline. We ARE in the late 90's again!

Hopefully that means a nice rebuild is around the corner, ala the WCE era.

That Era lasted 2 good years.

If we're going to rebuild, we might as well do it right. As any team who needs to bottom out, the first order of Business is shipping out Luongo.

Archived