The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coach theory...........hear me out on this one

vcrguy

The Canucks look like they are lacking in confidence. It's so obvious even the announcers mentioned it a few times today.

Apparently Torts was brought in to be tough on the players, get in their faces and challenge them as our dressing room was rumoured to be a country club. People thought AV might have been too soft in this regard.

But some people wilt under pressure whereas others shine and vice versa.

I'm guessing guys like Bieksa, Kesler, Tanev thrive under it but it looks like guys like Hamhuis, Burrows and Edler wilt under it.

As for Luo and the Sedins, I don't know what category they fit into, I think they're neutral.

It's starting to look like our team isn't one geared towards the tough, honest, truth...........what do you think?

The Canucks look like they are lacking in confidence. It's so obvious even the announcers mentioned it a few times today.

Apparently Torts was brought in to be tough on the players, get in their faces and challenge them as our dressing room was rumoured to be a country club. People thought AV might have been too soft in this regard.

But some people wilt under pressure whereas others shine and vice versa.

I'm guessing guys like Bieksa, Kesler, Tanev thrive under it but it looks like guys like Hamhuis, Burrows and Edler wilt under it.

As for Luo and the Sedins, I don't know what category they fit into, I think they're neutral.

It's starting to look like our team isn't one geared towards the tough, honest, truth...........what do you think?

In other words, they haven't been built to challenge for a Cup.

It starts with Aqilinni. He is the money man. Just get rid of everyone and build a team from scratch getting who you want within the cap. As long as fans fill up Rogers Arena and keep buying stuff nothing will never happen. If we want changes then do the talking with your feet and wallets and stay out of the rink for awhile.

This is exactly why armchair GMs shouldn't be put to run a team, lest they want to be incompetent.

Before he became the Canucks GM I had as much GM experience as MG.................so.............(insert Common Sense response here)

Before he became the Canucks GM I had as much GM experience as MG.................so.............(insert Common Sense response here)

How much experience did you have dealing with GMs, players and other aspects of an NHL team? Yeah, I thought so.

Archived