The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Art of Chanting - What to do next home game?

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cheer when they score, boo if they play terrible, just let your voice be heard. There are dark times ahead for this team, the last thing I want is Roger's to be as quiet as the last time no one cared about this team - The late 90's.

Say what you want about Leaf fans but they at least show up and make some noise (and throw some waffles) when the team was in the middle of it's 7 year slump.

Give me a break. You sound like you are just another critic. Most of you whine and complain no matter what!! Guess what??!!? The way the game is called changed halfway through the 2011/12 season. The way the game is played had to follow suit. Most of the whiners still haven't figured that out.

Some of us knew that this was going to be an iffy season. We had to drop salary and find players to fill the gaps. Our players had to get used to a new system. We suffered too many injuries to keep up the pace. Next year when the cap rises, we will be sitting in a good spot. Turn on our guys then claim to be a fan. OK, but not a fan who knows hockey very well.

Perhaps you think Flames fans were whiners while they watched Sutter and Feaster burn the franchise to the ground. Considering the circumstances I would rather play the critic than be the weak fan in denial.

So we should overlook the mistakes that Gillis has made? Or that we should make excuses for Torts' decisions this season? Or that the top line drought was expected? The salary cap isn't much of an issue here in Vancouver. We have great individual d-men who are struggling in their pairings. The powerplay is what it is.

The team is going down the drain. One of the worst records since the new year. There's a time and place to support and cheer on a struggling team. But to call us whiners right now is asinine. The Canucks are capable of scoring goals, winning games and challenging for a top seed. They aren't getting it done. I will still pull for them, which is I still watch the games. I doubt you were watching the Heritage Classic thinking, "man, what a great team we have here... if only we could get the lucky bounces..."

Archived