The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Art of Chanting - What to do next home game?

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How bout this dead crowd since 2004 starts chanting go canucks go?

Support the team. We can still pull it together. Although I wouldn't mind some fire torts chants

We live in a free society and I'm sure you're perfectly capable of paying $250+ to go to a game and make as much noise as you'd like :)

Voted for "fire MG" chant. I'm totally sick of this guy and his $#&% endless patience and his wait and see approach. No upgrades to the team in 3 years. Unacceptable. Fans have to start getting vocal about this and put the pressure on. The team is going nowhere with a guy like this.

I think you're missing the biggest point. 'Luu' has to be the worst invention ever. It isn't something that would get a crowd into it and sounds like a degrading boo for your goaltender. I don't care if he knows what the chant means, mad cheering would be any day more uplifting than hearing 'Luu's' raining down.

We live in a free society and I'm sure you're perfectly capable of paying $250+ to go to a game and make as much noise as you'd like :)

What? I've sat in 3rd row and haven't even paid 250 ... how is it relevant though? Bottom line is I haven't heard loud enough fans since 2004. Aside from playoff games.

Seattle support their sea hawks ... we don't make any noise to pump up our team. That's why our home record is terrible.

Fairweather bandwagoners can chant any negative thing they want. I hope the true fans will chant "Go Canucks Go". Get behind our guys. We are not out of it yet.

I cheered for the Canucks through the darkest times. This is nothing compared to the late 70's and early 80's. Whiny wimps.

What? I've sat in 3rd row and haven't even paid 250 ... how is it relevant though? Bottom line is I haven't heard loud enough fans since 2004. Aside from playoff games.

Seattle support their sea hawks ... we don't make any noise to pump up our team. That's why our home record is terrible.

The arena is full of rich or corporate patrons who don't cheer loud enough. The security will toss you if you get too loud. The Canucks org cares more about satisfying their millionaire clientele.

In addition to this, what can you cheer for? This team has progressively gone to the gutter since the finals and management has done nothing positive to change it. Their lack of success is coupled with the fact that they are extremely boring to watch.

Just chant for our guys. If Lack's in net, he should get our support. If Luo is in net, he should get our support. Our team should get our support. If they're not playing well, maybe try chanting "We believe" or "Go, Canucks" to hopefully energize. Making people feel bad isn't going to help them play better or more confidently. You want to rip them apart, get a blog or write for the local media.

There was nothing wrong with the we want Lu chant. It didn't start a bloody controversy, that's what CBC was trying to start the whole bloody game. Left to its own meaning, if I were Lu or on the team, I'd feel good about the city getting behind him and showing solidarity.

Lu appreciates it cause he's been abused here, the players like it because they like Lu and have seen what vultures we can be, and lack likes it cause he knows that if he's the starter in 2-3 years or more, he will be stood behind by the city and fans. Last time he didn't start for this long, it was occupy loungo time, and this is a far cry from that.

If anyone thinks it effected anything in the wrong way, you should stop listening to pj stock.

"we want Lu" is a positive chant to say.

Fairweather bandwagoners can chant any negative thing they want. I hope the true fans will chant "Go Canucks Go". Get behind our guys. We are not out of it yet.

I cheered for the Canucks through the darkest times. This is nothing compared to the late 70's and early 80's. Whiny wimps.

There are no more bandwagoners left in Vancouver. The canucks are playing a boring game and yet they still lose. If you still watch them, you're a fan. You're not a great fan if you're going to just patiently watch your team burn away.

We might not be out of it but we as fans can still voice out our frustrations.

There are no more bandwagoners left in Vancouver. The canucks are playing a boring game and yet they still lose. If you still watch them, you're a fan. You're not a great fan if you're going to just patiently watch your team burn away.

We might not be out of it but we as fans can still voice out our frustrations.

Give me a break. You sound like you are just another critic. Most of you whine and complain no matter what!! Guess what??!!? The way the game is called changed halfway through the 2011/12 season. The way the game is played had to follow suit. Most of the whiners still haven't figured that out.

Some of us knew that this was going to be an iffy season. We had to drop salary and find players to fill the gaps. Our players had to get used to a new system. We suffered too many injuries to keep up the pace. Next year when the cap rises, we will be sitting in a good spot. Turn on our guys then claim to be a fan. OK, but not a fan who knows hockey very well.

Archived