The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

POLL: Has Torts lost the room since the Calgary brawl

VegasCanuck

Did Torts lose the room because of the Calgary game  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Torts really has "lost the room" then MG needs to back him up and start cleaning house. This team already tuned out AV, if they're tuning out Tortorella, Sully and Gully after a few months someone needs to take a sledgehammer to the core.

I hope it's a case that they just don't have the health and team talent to score with consistency - I still have a ton of affection for this group since they matured and gelled as a team to the top of the league. I would hate to think they've turned into a bunch of losers.

How about we clean house of Gillis and Torts ??

• 4 weeks later...

I think we should start a private pool. $1.00 per entry. Pick the day that Torts will be fired.

I think he's a reasonably good coach, but I think he lacks flexibility of coaching style to make best use of his players capabilities and he doesn't understand how to manage their playing time to compensate for west coast travel schedule.

It's called an aging core. They are not the same players of a couple seasons ago. This teams players best days as a whole are behind them.

This team has rode on the coat tails of the Sedins during Gillis' entire tenure here.

Hank and Dan(and Burr)come back healthy and fit next season and this team is back to winning.

If management continues this inability /refusal to assist these great players then the 'aging core' excuse and mantra is trotted out ad nauseum.

No d man for the PP,nobody to seriously help out Kes and the second line.

The core players are not to blame for management's lack of willingness or abilities to supplement them with adequate support.

Funny, they just mentioned on the Rangers vs Canucks broadcast exactly what I've been thinking. Torts exhausted his top players.

The extent of the injuries is likely due partially at least to fatigue.

Yep.No secondary support within the system able to step up.

Gillis never got his draft table ready until year 4 of his tenure.

Guess he thought the core and Aqualini would continue to pad his mistakes while the plethora of talented available free agents being cast aside in cap dumps was going to go on forever.

I would have thought the Calgary fiasco would have shown the team he was really on their side. Maybe he isn't the right guy for the team. Maybe the team is not all that good. Most of these players pocket over a million dollars a year. Why does it seem they don't come out to play every night. Lost the room or not where is these players pride.

Funny, they just mentioned on the Rangers vs Canucks broadcast exactly what I've been thinking. Torts exhausted his top players.

The extent of the injuries is likely due partially at least to fatigue.

Can you blame him? He's got 2 NHL lines and 2 AHL lines to work with. I'd overplay the top two lines as well.

And if he lost the room after this altercation then the entire team needs to take a jog down to the beach, grab some sand and pound it.

Archived