The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Renewed respect for Kevin Bieksa

hockeyville88

Once Hank retires or leaves, I think it makes most sense to give the C to Bieksa.

At this point, perhaps a change of captaincy ought to be reconsidered.

What if Henrik were to just... want to play hockey... with his brother, getting back to basics until a smooth Stanley Cup win and go out as legends seldom seen...

Bieksa would then be my choice.

And of course, Kesler would have something to do with it and Bieksa would eventually get traded.

I sure hope Linden listens attentively.

Henrik is laughing more these days. That passing of the hat for player of the game thing is fine.

Want true internal competition?

Pass the C around. Goalie excluded, Henrik passes the C to best player of the game from time to time. For example, Kassian after his first hat trick; walk to him and give him the C for the next game. You'll see how special the C is then.

You'll also see a totally different game played by the team. Not by altering the system the team plays; more in terms of intensity, passion, that C on someone's sweater can be team altering. I remember seeing an exhibition game in which Cooke was wearing the C; the game was disjointed, rugged, and full of mistakes and just plain ugly.

I bet next year, Kassian would be the one to get it most often. Tortorella is building a BEAST here.

Kassian might not be a perfect fit for the Sedins, and again just might, but having Kassian as Captain would sure tell a few teams and players the team ain't gonna take any...

In four years, Kassian should be an elite power forward and having the Sedins retire, he will easily be the most important piece of the new core and for years to come.

I would think that Tortorella would still be here, and voila, THE GUY, is delivered and Gillis is praised for that one best acquisition he did back when.

After the Canucks' second Cup, the Sedins retire and Captain Kassian begins.

Not saying he's the worst defencemen out there, but is KB really that "good" of a player to wear the C for Nucks. I serious doubt it. Can't even remember how many times he caused turn overs during the past many many games. Well, this is just my two cents. What! You don't like what I said. Sorry, too bad.

Archived