The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

5 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

Would either team do Sale for Urias straight up?

I doubt it, the Red Sox have offered a  package that includes the #7 prospect in all of baseball. 

But the chi sox want 5 players coming back for Sale. Allegedly 3 prospects, a bench player and a mlb caliber pitcher is what it would take. 

I hear that if the Red Sox were willing to throw in 2 of their top 50 in baseball(they have 4 or 5 if my limited knowledge serves me well) 

it may be the thing that puts Sale in the Al East 3 years early.

1 minute ago, gmen81 said:

Jay Bruce to Mets has been put on hold due to medical issues. 

Also Rea traded back to San Diego. Marlins were like on 2nd thought we don't actually want him. 

Lol. That's gotta hurt. "We want you.... Actually no we don't."

" Well thanks for your time here and we wish you well as you're no longer part of our future plans....... Errrrrrrrr jk?"

Well rumor has it 2 things for sure about this. Team today

1) Morales is either being dfa or outright released. Good thing too, 2 million/season on a reliever that gives you no chance to win and actually puts you in the loss column is not a good deal.

2) Goins is on his way to Houston in case Tulo gets moved to the 15 day DL... No official roster move yet until Tulos revaluation is complete.

1 minute ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Well rumor has it 2 things for sure about this. Team today

1) Morales is either being dfa or outright released. Good thing too, 2 million/season on a reliever that gives you no chance to win and actually puts you in the loss column is not a good deal.

2) Goins is on his way to Houston in case Tulo gets moved to the 15 day DL... No official roster move yet until Tulos revaluation is complete.

1 step ahead 2 steps back with this team

18 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

1 step ahead 2 steps back with this team

Well it figures lol we're due. Cuz AA took 20 steps ahead last year ;) one for every year of our playoff drought. 

Shapkins has 90 minutes to prove that they want to try to contend for a pennant. If they stand pat( doubt they will) that would serve as a big &^@# you to the current roster and the fans.

1 minute ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Well it figures lol we're due. Cuz AA took 20 steps ahead last year ;) one for every year of our playoff drought. 

Shapkins has 90 minutes to prove that they want to try to contend for a pennant. If they stand pat( doubt they will) that would serve as a big &^@# you to the current roster and the fans.

not expecting much from this band of tools to be honest.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ShakyWalton said:

not expecting much from this band of tools to be honest.

To me they should be willing to deal any prospect except for Reid-Foley, Guerrero, Alford and maybe Urena.

Urena is ranked #89 and RF is ranked #93 in MLBs top 100 prospects. 

Guerrero Jr. is rated as most likely to jump up high on that list and the Jays signed him for 3 million at 16 as he had the same tools and ability his dad did. They're currently trying to convert him from OF to 3rd Base.

He's currently 17, 6'1-200 and best of all... He was born in Montreal as Vlad Sr. Was playing for the expos at the time. He'll have amazing power and could be in our lineup as early as 20 years old.

Alford has regressed a little but is still as solid as they come. I wouldn't give up on him just yet. Probably will make the jump to triple A next year. But worse case will be in AA. 

2 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

To me they should be willing to deal any prospect except for Reid-Foley, Guerrero, Alford and maybe Urena.

Urena is ranked #89 and RF is ranked #93 in MLBs top 100 prospects. 

Guerrero Jr. is rated as most likely to jump up high on that list and the Jays signed him for 3 million at 16 as he had the same tools and ability his dad did. They're currently trying to convert him from OF to 3rd Base.

He's currently 17, 6'1-200 and best of all... He was born in Montreal as Vlad Sr. Was playing for the expos at the time. He'll have amazing power and could be in our lineup as early as 20 years old.

Alford has regressed a little but is still as solid as they come. I wouldn't give up on him just yet. Probably will make the jump to triple A next year. But worse case will be in AA. 

what about Pentecost.