The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposals] Moving up in the Draft

so apparently on hfboards.com is that on their radio station, it is confirmed that if he's avaialble the oilers will draft drastl. apparently they've already had some talks with him, they've even visited him, and even OIlers fans are saying that the 3rd pick 99 percent leon drastl. if that's the case lets hope burke will draft ritchie, which Islanders will select sam bennet with the 5th pick and we land the last tier 1 player in the draft, Michael dal cole

Who ever falls to is will be a good player. Benefit of being in top ten.

Been a while for canucks fans.

You said why we do it and why the other teams do it, but forgot to mention why in the hell would Edler do it?

Not sure he will waive at all, let alone to Buffalo or NYI. Maybe you could convince Elder to move to a Californian team or a top team like Chicago, Pittsburgh or Boston, but Edler seems like a quiet guy who doesnt like the spotlight and change, so he'd rather stay in Vancouver where he's confortable.

I like the idea of trying to move up.

Edler has value as he's going into his prime on a very palatable contract for someone who chews up the minutes he does.

But that NTC is still there and I'd doubt that Buffalo is a place he'd be willing to go.

Otherwise I like the general idea of packaging some assets along with the 6th pick to move up.

Archived