The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[BOXING]Related discussion here!

Angry Goose

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Going to be interesting to see how Jacobs handles GGG's power and how he likes to walk down his opponents.  Really hoping for a tough, entertaining fight.  

You planning on watching? PPV buy or online stream?

Just now, RRypien37 said:

You planning on watching? PPV buy or online stream?

I've got to work.  I'll see if there are any highlights/full fight videos on you tube before they get taken down later tonight.  How about yourself? I don't know much about the rest of the fight card either, or where the fight is taking place.  Is it in Jacob's turf?

21 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I've got to work.  I'll see if there are any highlights/full fight videos on you tube before they get taken down later tonight.  How about yourself? I don't know much about the rest of the fight card either, or where the fight is taking place.  Is it in Jacob's turf?

Very entertaining and close fight,Jacobs didn't weigh in and came into the fight with a huge weight advantage.The IBF belt i believe it was,was therefore not on the line.

The knock down in the early rounds i think rd 4 may have swayed the fight.Definitely on Harold Lettermans card although 2 of the judges gave it by a few rds to GGG.I think Jacobs corner failed in not telling him the fight hinged on rd 12 as he was under the impression he was winning the fight.GGG came out to win rd 12 and did,so even if Lettermans card was more accurate he didn't leave it to the judges.

The fight prior to the main event was also really exciting with the WBC belt changing hands as Chocolatito losing his 46-0 unbeaten record in another 12 rd decision.The challenger also had a point taken away for a headbutt although i think is was unintentional.

Edited by fagin

30 minutes ago, fagin said:

Very entertaining and close fight,Jacobs didn't weigh in and came into the fight with a huge weight advantage.The IBF belt was therefore not on the line.

The knock down in the early rounds i think rd 4 may have swayed the fight.Definitely on Harold Lettermans card although 2 of the judges gave it by a few rds to GGG.

The fight prior to the main event was also really exciting with the WBC belt changing hands as Chocolatito losing his 46-0 unbeaten record

Yeah.  The first 4 rounds or so were a lot like Thurman/Garcia- actually pretty nerve wracking to watch.  I had GGG winning although not by a country mile.  Didn't know Chocolatito was on the undercard, and kind of stoked he lost.  The hype was high on him but I never viewed him as the pound for pound #1 like a lot of people were saying.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had this saved on my phone..figured id post it here:

March 4:

Tony Bellew vs David Hayes (LON)

Keith Thurman vs Danny Garcia (NYC)

March 18:

Gennady Golovkin vs Daniel Jacobs (NYC)

April 8:

Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Jason Sosa (US)

April 22:

Andre Berto VS Shawn Porter (US)

April 29:

Anthony Joshua vs. Wladimir Klitschko (LON)

May 6:

Canelo Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez (LAS)

Lucas Matthysse vs. Emmanuel Taylor (LAS)

May 19:

Amir Khan vs. Manny Pacquio (DUB) - CANCELLED

May 20:

Terence Crawford vs. Felix Diaz

May 27:

Kell Brook vs. Errol Spence Jr (LON)

June 17:

Andre Ward vs Sergei Kovalev (US)

July 1:

Manny Pacquio vs Jeff Horn (AUS)

7 hours ago, HI5 said:

Down goes Vladimir! Exciting fight with Klitschko almost winning by rounds. Must watch fight!

AJ looked completely gassed at one point - I thought Wladimir had him but then second wind came and knocked him out - unreal heavy weight fight!

8 hours ago, HI5 said:

Down goes Vladimir! Exciting fight with Klitschko almost winning by rounds. Must watch fight!

27 minutes ago, leomessi said:

AJ looked completely gassed at one point - I thought Wladimir had him but then second wind came and knocked him out - unreal heavy weight fight!

Agreed, epic tilt.  That's why I love boxing, nothing beats a classic heavyweight tilt and that one was one for the ages.

Not a boxing expert but I like what a saw from Canelo in the past and if he wins convincingly then it'll lead to a GGG/Canelo fight which from my understanding Canelo has been putting off for quite some time.  Going to be tough to top Joshua/Klitschko from last week though.

Edited by Tre Mac

On Fri May 05 2017 at 9:11 AM, Tre Mac said:

Not a boxing expert but I like what a saw from Canelo in the past and if he wins convincingly then it'll lead to a GGG/Canelo fight which from my understanding Canelo has been putting off for quite some time.  Going to be tough to top Joshua/Klitschko from last week though.

Canelo just outclassed Chavez in a weak main event. But the ending was funny..GGG came out to the ring like a WWE wrestler and they confirmed the GGG v Canelo fight will be taking place on September 16. 

Undercard was good..Matysse returned after an 18 month lay off and won by 5th round KO. The Lemuiex fight was a good one too..with him just absolutely landing bombs 10 straight rounds on his opponents head (Reyes..i think) and the guy did not drop. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Super stoked Canelo vs GGG is finally going to happen. Just happy it didn't take as long as May vs Pac when both were past their primes...

Yep, Canelo is the better boxer but has never faced anyone with GGG power and as relentless. Should be good!

I love this new generation of fighters..theyre not backing down and want to fight the best. This years been a great year for boxing.