The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[BOXING]Related discussion here!

Angry Goose

6 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Sounds like they're going to box for real.  Not the "no knockdowns" exhibition that was rumored by Eddie Hearn.  

I like this better.  Obviously Fury should be expected to dominate in his own sport.  There have been times when he's underestimated opponents and gotten sloppy however.  Would be interesting to see what happens if he actually got caught with a bomb.  Unlikely that it happens...  But yah never know!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Baratheon said:

Sounds like they're going to box for real.  Not the "no knockdowns" exhibition that was rumored by Eddie Hearn.  

I like this better.  Obviously Fury should be expected to dominate in his own sport.  There have been times when he's underestimated opponents and gotten sloppy however.  Would be interesting to see what happens if he actually got caught with a bomb.  Unlikely that it happens...  But yah never know!

That. Is why people will watch.

Francis has the hardest recorded punch on the planet.

For any that don't know him....here he is turning a very tough man into a pez dispenser..

giphy.gif.a55ec12c9daa0e2dc889e365f0d2f74a.gif

Could contain: Adult, Male, Man, Person, Clothing, Shorts, Glove, Face, Head

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

@bishopshodan 

This is a very close friends daughter in her 3 Rd fight

Her dad was one of the better street fighters in the eastern suburbs and her mum was a amateur Karate Champion, National Level.

My friends daughter is Stephanie Lee Cutting 

You can see how she just steps it up all the way through the fight until....

Apparently a US boxing promoter called her after the fight and told her if she wins 3 more fights, he will fly her to the US set her up, she will be in the big league.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

How about Naoya Inoue!?  I thought that Fulton would be a good test for him but he made it look easy.  Too much of everything.  Speed, power, timing, skill… you name it.

I find it interesting that he’s so close in size to Pacquiao.  I wonder if he’ll make a similar charge up the weight classes.

3 hours ago, Baratheon said:

How about Naoya Inoue!?  I thought that Fulton would be a good test for him but he made it look easy.  Too much of everything.  Speed, power, timing, skill… you name it.

I find it interesting that he’s so close in size to Pacquiao.  I wonder if he’ll make a similar charge up the weight classes.

Caught the highlights this morning, looks like he dominated. Exciting fighter! 

Also, anyone here know a good bar in Vancouver I can catch the Crawford/Spence fight this Saturday?

• Cheers 1

On 7/25/2023 at 6:52 PM, HI5 said:

Caught the highlights this morning, looks like he dominated. Exciting fighter! 

Also, anyone here know a good bar in Vancouver I can catch the Crawford/Spence fight this Saturday?

Did you end up finding a place to watch the fight?

I thought it was fantastic but I was cheering for Crawford.  Not sure how it was as a neutral observer. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/2/2023 at 12:04 PM, bishopshodan said:

Fvry vs Ngannou is going to happen. 

Exhibition.

Saudis really rolled out the red carpet and flew out all the celebrities for this one. 

Edited by HI5

On 7/31/2023 at 3:40 PM, Baratheon said:

Did you end up finding a place to watch the fight?

I thought it was fantastic but I was cheering for Crawford.  Not sure how it was as a neutral observer. 

Ended up just watching at home, but London Pub plays some boxing matches and Sugarrays Boxing club has some BYOB event’s where they play fights. 

I called over 30 places, boxing scene just isn’t to big out here.