The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

($5,000 Fine) - Lucic

It was Hertl, and yea both were ridiculous suspensions.

They've made it perfectly clear that there's a double standard, they're not even trying to hide it. They're blatantly saying that if you're part of the insiders club your players are free to do whatever they want. If you're a team like the Canucks, your players are gonna get suspended for the smallest infractions.

Canucks need to get suspended more because they gotta suspend someone after looking the other way with other teams so many times.

I know I made the head shot joke but you get that the examples/comparisons you're giving are head shots and this was a slash to the nuts.

Unless Lucic then skated into Dekeysers head afterwords they aren't comparable. No doubt Lucic is a POS but a suspension for a nut shot would be like a suspension for a finger bit or a hair pull. Those would be more comparable than head shots.

Mostly true. But I'd rather have my finger bit or hair pulled than a stick to the clackers any day of the week.

Attacking genitalia is just twisted. It deserves extra consideration for punishment imo.

Mostly true. But I'd rather have my finger bit or hair pulled than a stick to the clackers any day of the week.

Attacking genitalia is just twisted. It deserves extra consideration for punishment imo.

Anyone who thinks it is fun to get slashed in the cojones, with or without a 'protective cup', has never played a contact sport seriously. Try slipping the stick up the side of the inner leg and chances are good you can seriously 'compress' one testicle, and make the other one wish it were single again .. anyone want to try it?

Anyone who thinks it is fun to get slashed in the cojones, with or without a 'protective cup', has never played a contact sport seriously. Try slipping the stick up the side of the inner leg and chances are good you can seriously 'compress' one testicle, and make the other one wish it were single again .. anyone want to try it?

Was once lying facedown when I took a shot between my legs. It bounced off my taint into the goalie's glove. I couldn't sit right for a week.

T'aint fun.

I know some people don't like to hear this but...

Danny D should do the same to Lucic tonight. Or give him a spear in the ribs.

He'd get 5 games for it but it'd be a statement to the league.

And then tell them in the post game interview that he's got $5,000 set aside for the league. That's the going rate for that stuff, right?

For those interested, Milan Lucic made $30,679 PER DAY for the regular season this year.

I know some people don't like to hear this but...

Danny D should do the same to Lucic tonight. Or give him a spear in the ribs.

He'd get 5 games for it but it'd be a statement to the league.

Precisely, or a cross check in the face, and then have his manager speak his case in media afterwards.

Regarding the fine, it is irrelevant what they can fine him if they had given him one or two games suspension, that would have sorted the problem right away... one rule for some and one rule for others...

i disagree that a Canuck would have received a suspension for this same incident.

Didn't say that...However there's been a few canucks players suspended for incidents, where the suspensions were more than questionable (nothing to do with stick handling the crown jewels)... Don't think I'm alone in that opinion. For starters if Hansen got 2 games for the Hossa incident, I am sure Lucic would be hammered here. But who knows...speculation only...

Hold fire. The complaints are more in line with those wondering why Lucic isn't supended for a deliberate attack from behind. The same hansen got would have been sufficient.

And there would be far less complaining if the Canucks didn't get suspended while other teams players walk free. People are jaded by the double standard.

So I call for suspensions because it's otherwise not a fair league as the suspension for Elder on Hertl is my new measuring stick.

This is so true... +1

Didn't say that...However there's been a few canucks players suspended for incidents, where the suspensions were more than questionable (nothing to do with stick handling the crown jewels)... Don't think I'm alone in that opinion. For starters if Hansen got 2 games for the Hossa incident, I am sure Lucic would be hammered here. But who knows...speculation only...

Sorry, i mis-interpreted what you were implying. My bad.

Personal attack much. You DO realize that these players wear cups down there don't you? A love tap sez I.

And you do realize that the cups do nothing to protect against impact from below the groin, right? Theminister I am sure can vouch that the cup didn't do much to help him.

Personal attack much. You DO realize that these players wear cups down there don't you? A love tap sez I.

You made ridiculous statement that he sold it really well. No crap player's wears cups down there. Lets see how you would fare if someone skated up behind you and did the same exact thing. Lets see how if you change your view afterwards that it was love tap.

Anything BUT love tap. Get real. People have already pointed out in here cup does nothing to protect from below the bell with impact. Clear intent to injure by Lucic. This isn't the first time he's done it either and won't be last. How the refs missed it is a joke. He should have been suspended 1-2 games.

ibdHqn7wpx9hyD.gif

Bruins out of the playoffs in the first round.

Benning hired as GM.

Trades for Lucic.

LUCIC - MATTHIAS - KASSIAN

lol Lucic will be suspend for half of the season if he's canucks playing the way he played in Boston.. Then Cdc will yell he was always a dud and we need to trade him away for a bag of pucks.

so, we all agree hansen should have been suspended after his crotch spearing to mcquaid, correct? skip to 1 minute

glass houses

Haha you kidding me thats totaly diferrent hansen was in the heat of cup finals nothing as bad as lucic thats for sure. Hansen is a good guy who has made mistakes got penalties like everyone but you cant single him out lucic is a GOON always he does this

so, we all agree hansen should have been suspended after his crotch spearing to mcquaid, correct? skip to 1 minute

glass houses

because hitting someone in the balls during the game is the same as doing it after whistlers right?

what's next? players can start punching others during the game because they can do it after whistler right? O wait, Boston had already done that...

Archived