The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 CDC STHS Hockey League Draft

Still looking to deal my 3rd and 4th round picks

In return, looking ideally for uncreated prospects, preferably in the CHL.

That being said, I am picky, so who knows what I wind up with.

Will make a decision on a trade early tomorrow afternoon

With the 59th overall pick, the Ottawa Senators select from the Barrie Colts RW Adam Agnew! (EHM / OHL)

This was my 3rd and last draft pick in the 2016 STHS Entry Draft. Good luck with the remainder of the draft!

With the 60th pick, the Toronto Maple Leafs select from the Windsor Spitfires (OHL):

D Logan Stanley (RL)

ww_22_logan_stanley_ep.jpg

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=240108

One of the most imposing defencemen in the province, Stanley immediately attracts your eye because of the way he can move for his size. He possesses smooth lateral mobility and has excellent body control, something that is rare for players his size at his age. His stride is impressive in its length, enabling him to cover a large amount of ground. Can jump into the play and still be able to get back into defensive position. Is extremely poised in possession, keeping his head up and not feeling rushed by pressure and forecheckers. Uses his frame to shield the puck well and has a high panic threshold. Is exceptional in defense of solo rushes, using his long reach and strength to either knock the puck loose or rub out the carrier. Has good footwork for his size but there are times when he can be exposed, particularly if his shift is extended in his own zone. Plays in all situations and has shown a quality puck-moving ability at even-strength and on the power-play. As he continues to gain coordination and strength, there is almost no doubt that he will be among an OHL team's top 6 defencemen as a rookie. (Andrew Sykes, 2014)

Phoenix selects with the 61st pick in the 2016 entry draft, from Avto Yekaterinburg in the MHL, forward Yevegeni [Evgeny] Mityakin (RL).

21309.jpg

Phoenix selects with the 62nd pick in the 2016 entry draft, from the U.S. National U17 Team, defenseman Adam Fox (RL).

w_5_adam_fox_ep.jpg

Archived