The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Nick Ritchie] Junior Point totals vs Getzlaf, Lucic, and Nash

Merci

The one player I've noticed that I've looked over is Nylander, I have hers people on CDC saying he has attitude problems but after watching some of his games (highlights to be honest) as well as reading scout reports I could see him being a high pick.

Looking at a few Mock drafts and player rankings I made a top 9 picks list by adding a point value to where they were placed in mack drafts as well as player rankings.

My findings were

Ekblad

Reinhart

Bennett

Nylander

Dal Colle

Draisaltl

Ehlers

Virtanen

Ritchie

I think a team like NYI or Calgary could take a chance on Nylander based on skill over attitude.

Back to Ritchie with his size, skill, compete lever I don't see him being a 9th overall pick in this draft, I think a higher pick takes a chance on him

The one player I've noticed that I've looked over is Nylander, I have hers people on CDC saying he has attitude problems but after watching some of his games (highlights to be honest) as well as reading scout reports I could see him being a high pick.

Looking at a few Mock drafts and player rankings I made a top 9 picks list by adding a point value to where they were placed in mack drafts as well as player rankings.

My findings were

Ekblad

Reinhart

Bennett

Nylander

Dal Colle

Draisaltl

Ehlers

Virtanen

Ritchie

That would be sweet if we snagged one of these two. Fingers crossed ! :lol:

lol.

Ok . We are all 'brothers' here. We are all Canuck fans. We're not a 'war' against people who want other prospects. :rolleyes:

Yes we are all brothers here, well we do have a few sisters as well!

There is no war, just a bit of fun expressing our opinions. You really can't compare a power forward to a speedy winger, They have two different styles of play. What it comes down to what are GMs going to go after, and quality power forwards are more rare and harder to find of a 1st round calibre. So its my belief Richie will be in hot demand, I could be wrong but I have a bet riding on it, so I better not be :shock:

Yes we are all brothers here, well we do have a few sisters as well!

There is no war, just a bit of fun expressing our opinions. You really can't compare a power forward to a speedy winger, They have two different styles of play. What it comes down to what are GMs going to go after, and quality power forwards are more rare and harder to find of a 1st round calibre. So its my belief Richie will be in hot demand, I could be wrong but I have a bet riding on it, so I better not be :shock:

I know. I think it will be one or the other. You feel its ritchie. I feel its Ehlers. I think we can agree that we will be happy if its either! ::D

I find Ritchie to be an interesting player. I don't think he is a top 3. Even though a team I feel really needs a player like him is in the top 3 (Edmonton) I think if Edmonton was looking to get bigger with the 3rd overall pick it would he Draisaltl, but do they pass on Bennett.

4th and 5th pick come down to IMO Bennett, Draisaltl, Dal Colle, Nylander, or Ritchie

I think if Ritchie were to crack the top 5 it's in the 4th or 5th pick range. Calgary seems like a team that could pick Ritchie to protect and play along side Monahan

I find Ritchie to be an interesting player. I don't think he is a top 3. Even though a team I feel really needs a player like him is in the top 3 (Edmonton) I think if Edmonton was looking to get bigger with the 3rd overall pick it would he Draisaltl, but do they pass on Bennett.

4th and 5th pick come down to IMO Bennett, Draisaltl, Dal Colle, Nylander, or Ritchie

I think if Ritchie were to crack the top 5 it's in the 4th or 5th pick range. Calgary seems like a team that could pick Ritchie to protect and play along side Monahan

Well Edmonton does make sense to go with him but like you say its really tough to see them passing on Bennett & Draisaitl & Dal Colle

I could see either Edmonton or Calgary taking Ritchie (whoever misses out on Bennett) as you pointed out he does fit in nicely with those teams.

Who knows though hopefully 1 or more of the teams in the top 5 decide that they want to draft someone a rated lower than the top 5 so JB gets his choice of pick :D

I know. I think it will be one or the other. You feel its ritchie. I feel its Ehlers. I think we can agree that we will be happy if its either! : :D

I think Ritchie has the higher potential to be drafted higher than Ehlers. Out of the top five teams I have a feeling that only Florida is interested in Ehlers (of course they are all interested but Dale Tallon has made it known he is exceptionally high on him). Assuming Florida trades down, they would most likely be trade partners with Edmonton or Calgary and they would draft Ehlers 3rd overall or 4th overall. Otherwise, he falls to 6th+.

Ritchie on the other hand is unlikely but possible to Edmonton at 3 but Calgary may have a big interest in him at 4. I could also see Islanders picking him at 5. Of course if he falls to Canucks they could also pick him at 6.

Like Razor said, there are a lot of skill guys and they are a dime a dozen. Yes Ehlers is likely more skilled than most but Ritchie is quite a rare combination of size and talent that will be difficult to pass up. It took Hodgson who was drafted 10th overall and was having a successful rookie season to even trade for Kassian who at that point had shown nothing (drafted at 13th) which goes to show you the intrinsic value of a player like that.

Ritchie is probably only a year away from the pros. He can play in the world juniors and then in 2015 make the big club. Ehlers is a few years away(2-4) from making the NHL i think.

Perhaps this could be why Islanders draft him. Having to choose between giving the 2014 or 2015 1st round pick might mean they want the player that is most ready to step into the lineup. I think Ritchie and Dal Colle are probably the two players most ready to play in the NHL at the spot they are drafting.

I think the top 3 is pretty set at

Ekblad

Reinhart

Draisaltl

Leaving

Bennett

Dal Colle

Nylander

Ritchie

For the next 4 teams. I could only hope that one of MDC or Bennett fall to us, but other than them I would think Ritchie would be the best pick. One of the projected top 5 will fall. Just depends if it is Ritchie or Nylander who take their place.

I think CDC discussions should be about picking MDC vs Ritchie, that's who I believe will be the two players available at our pick

I think Ritchie has the higher potential to be drafted higher than Ehlers. Out of the top five teams I have a feeling that only Florida is interested in Ehlers (of course they are all interested but Dale Tallon has made it known he is exceptionally high on him). Assuming Florida trades down, they would most likely be trade partners with Edmonton or Calgary and they would draft Ehlers 3rd overall or 4th overall. Otherwise, he falls to 6th+.

Ritchie on the other hand is unlikely but possible to Edmonton at 3 but Calgary may have a big interest in him at 4. I could also see Islanders picking him at 5. Of course if he falls to Canucks they could also pick him at 6.

Like Razor said, there are a lot of skill guys and they are a dime a dozen. Yes Ehlers is likely more skilled than most but Ritchie is quite a rare combination of size and talent that will be difficult to pass up. It took Hodgson who was drafted 10th overall and was having a successful rookie season to even trade for Kassian who at that point had shown nothing (drafted at 13th) which goes to show you the intrinsic value of a player like that.

I definitely dont. Ehlers had 49 goals and 104 points. Ritchie had 74 points. There is a wide gap in the talent between them.

No team in the top 5 has said anything about passing up others to take Ritchie. Put up the source.

Skill guys are rare. Ehlers kind of skill is extremely rare. Its willful denial to try to suggest otherwise. Ehlers is faster and put up better numbers than Hodgson did. Using him as a comparison downgrades Ehlers.

I appreciate your love for Ritchie because I like the package he brings. Please dont be like these other clowns and find it necessary to make up horse crap and use hyperbole to make your case. State your case for Ritchie without having to put Ehlers or the other candidates down.

When you have to put other candidates down to make yours look better, it suggests you arent very confident in your own prospect.

Ritchie is probably only a year away from the pros. He can play in the world juniors and then in 2015 make the big club. Ehlers is a few years away(2-4) from making the NHL i think.

Unless its Reinhart or Ekblad, I believe every other prospect is at least 2 years away. Including Ritchie or Ehlers. I don't want to rush any prospects into the team too quickly.

Archived