The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Nick Ritchie] Junior Point totals vs Getzlaf, Lucic, and Nash

Merci

To me Ritchie seems like a players that will get an eye from a top 5 pick team. I can see a team like Calgary and Edmonton looking to get bigger in their top 6 to play against Californian teams.

My guess would be that Richie sneaks into the top 5 and pushes Draisaltl to Van. I see NYI piling Dal Colle to give them depth at wing.

After the Kassian/Gange incident Edmonton could be looking for their own "Kassian" to protect their top 6 but also add skill and size. The only question is would Edmonton pass on Draisaltl, Bennet, or Dal Colle for him?

To me Ritchie seems like a players that will get an eye from a top 5 pick team. I can see a team like Calgary and Edmonton looking to get bigger in their top 6 to play against Californian teams.

My guess would be that Richie sneaks into the top 5 and pushes Draisaltl to Van. I see NYI piling Dal Colle to give them depth at wing.

After the Kassian/Gange incident Edmonton could be looking for their own "Kassian" to protect their top 6 but also add skill and size. The only question is would Edmonton pass on Draisaltl, Bennet, or Dal Colle for him?

Plz God No Goes to show you all that cheering against the team at the end of the year made a huge difference. Imagine drafting 9th and not 6th.

Plz God No

He's not the prospect I would chose out of the top 5 but if it falls

Ekblad

Reinhart

Bennet

Ritchie

NYI isn't going to take a center, they will look at the winger with size and scoring touch to play with Tavares in the future, that's why I figure Draisaltl would be the one to be pushed out

Ekblad

Reinhart

Bennet

Ritchie

NYI isn't going to take a center, they will look at the winger with size and scoring touch to play with Tavares in the future, that's why I figure Draisaltl would be the one to be pushed out

I see almost any scenario happening.

Dal Colle isn't good enough to dismiss NYI taking Ritchie or Ehlers

and if Edmonton is really ballsy I see them taking Ritchie too,

I see almost any scenario happening.

Dal Colle isn't good enough to dismiss NYI taking Ritchie or Ehlers

and if Edmonton is really ballsy I see them taking Ritchie too,

The only way we can guarantee Richie is trade Florida for 1st overall but at 1st it would be hard to pass on Ekblad. Depending on what Florida wants it may be worth it! Otherwise we just cross our fingers and toes!

Ekblad

Reinhart

Bennet

Ritchie

I would be ok with this. Hopefully we have the 10th pick too, and can pick up some of the second tier talent in this draft.

I believe Ritchie is gunna be a good player one day but if he gets selected before us I'll be stoked to get one of the top 5... Especially Draisitl he will be the top player from this draft in 5 years time.. Mark my words, but then again Ritchie could be a real stud too... Either or and I'll be happy.. Hope this draft turns out to be Xmas in June

Wasn't too impressed with the late hit and well done for the guy that challenged him and fought "at least" a draw despite being much smaller. Maybe we should just leave him for Boston :)

The hit was on time, You should watch all of Richies fight videos, very entertaining!

This is rediculous!!

You do realize that Ritchie's SIZE and skill and speed is at a level that professional scouts are projecting him as a productive NHL power forward. His SIZE is such that he will be a force in the corners in front of the net and in wearing down your opponents. His SIZE will allow him to get to scoring areas and his SIZE will create space for his line mates....

How do you know that Ehlers development will be any better than Oleg Saprykin (11) Sven Baertschi (13) Andrei Kostytsin (10) or Aalexander Daigle (1) for that matter.

Are you sure that one will not develop more than the other??

Have you been watching?.......Who's game is more suited to the playoffs?

I was one of the guys hyping Ehlers after a couple of viewings and this guy does have some sick potential but you are making yourself look foolish by thinking that these guys will be the same players in the NHL that they are in junior. They will have to raise there game to new levels and that translation may leave a lot less desirable player than they currently are. Ehlers will have no problems skating with the very best but can he get to the scoring areas and can he snipe on NHL goalies. Will his slight frame hold up to the punishment will he process the game at an elite level?????.....see Ehlers has some growing and discovery yet.......can he do it???

Ritchie does not have the speed or skill that Ehlers has. To even suggest it is a willful denial of the basic facts. Ritchies skill is good, his skating is adequate, and his size is exceptional. Ehlers has the speed and skill to excel at the NHL level.

I told you how the others have done since the lockout. The rules changed providing more skating and scoring. The salary cap demanded more parity. The slide rule for juniors encouraged teams to keep their picks in the CHL creating an enhanced competition with high end over agers.

Trying to compare Ehlers to players twenty years ago under different conditions is a non starter. Its made by those with a conflict of interest to uphold another prospect.

The reason why I am behind Ehlers so much is because I never developed a personal bias. I looked at them all from an objective point of view, and found Ehlers to be the best candidate. Backed up with stats and other scouting opinions.

Ritchie and Ehlers are different players. Egro while their value might be similar, their fanbase will be diverse. Those upholding Ritchie will not see the same value in Ehlers because of the different skillset. They will prefer the skillset Ritchie has and thus it holds more value to them.

I expect the canucks to choose one of Ehlers, Nylander or Ritchie. If the gossip is true about the Canucks being put off by Nylanders attitude and father, its really between Ehlers and Ritchie.

I am fine with either.

Please save the rants, biased vitriol, personal attacks for those who are new to the discussion. I have no interest in going through it all again. Its all been asked and answered long ago.

Yeah me too, then we would be sure to get Richie :)

If we moved up into the top 3 and drafted Ritchie that would be one of the most retarded, idiotic and pointless things I would ever see at a draft day.

Stop talking stupid.

We who want Ritchie dont want players who cant stand up for themselves we cant stand seeing our players get slapped around with no push back Ritchie has just as much upside and is tough enough so players like Brad Marchand, Dustin Brown, Duncan Kieth and Drew Doughty wont be taking liberties with him.

I could get on board with Ritchie if he does well at the combine. Hopefully he weighs-in under 230. He needs to be in the upper echelon as far as strength tests go (to show that his weight is in fact muscle). And perhaps most importantly, he needs to perform adequately in the cardio tests (to squash the rumours that he takes shifts off because of his conditioning).

I disagree. I dont profess to know what Benning is thinking . All you are doing is assigning what you want to Benning , so ergo its no longer your opinion, its some kind of objective talking point.

If you want to parse words the guy says and apply it to your wishes, then his views become anything you want them to be. It doesnt mean its an objective viewpoint.

Besides his size, Ritchie has no value above Ehlers.. Zero. You can sugar coat it all you want but the stats dont support it.

However, I am willing to make a friendly wager with you . I state that Ehlers will be drafted before Ritchie. Do you accept the wager? :)

Wasn't directed at me but Ill take you up on the wager ;-)

Archived