The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WcF: Chicago Blackhawks vs Los Angeles Kings

Who will win?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes?

You don't see me illegitimizing their win in every thread do you?

honestly I dont really care about your opinions enough to follow you around in every thread. so you may. you may not.

I do know that when you post things like "canuck fans should take note", you come off as a troll (which I know your not).

if you want to post things like that. feel free to visit the TML boards and let them know whats wrong with them. thanks.

That Twitter pic doesn't prove anything. If the puck were still outside the blue line, then it would, but a difference in speed between the two players likely accounts for Carter being ahead. I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it and I really hate to admit it (because I can't stand the guy) but Dustin Brown was a difference maker yesterday. Started the play on Carter's goal and Gabby's game tying goal. Who'd have thought that Captain serious would be the second best Captain in game 7?

That Twitter pic doesn't prove anything. If the puck were still outside the blue line, then it would, but a difference in speed between the two players likely accounts for Carter being ahead. I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it and I really hate to admit it (because I can't stand the guy) but Dustin Brown was a difference maker yesterday. Started the play on Carter's goal and Gabby's game tying goal. Who'd have thought that Captain serious would be the second best Captain in game 7?

Having no 'horse in the race' actually really helped me just sit back and enjoy this series .. I actually gained a lot of respect for both teams.

We desperately need a top 6 sniper, a PMD and a newly acquired 'will to win at all costs' to compete again at that level

What people forget is that this year we were very competetive against Chicago and LA. Not saying we're on the same level but we kept the games relatively close (wins against both teams were one goal games) while we really only got blown out twice combined against them.

The goalie soap opera in Vancouver really set you guys back - nothing else could be done as the team seemed handcuffed on what to do. It was all because your owner wouldn't let your GM eat the Luongo contract in a buyout. Plus I think your team has gotten old fast and needs to get younger. My XM radio NHL channel a few weeks ago was saying that the new GM for Vancouver should deal the Sedins and get some new younger blood. Also I don't know why the Sedins are always thought of as a unit. Trade one of them and keep the other - it doesn't have to be both or none.

‘Hawks-Kings Game 7 broke NBCSN’s overnight ratings record:

The Western Conference Final featured two of the best teams in recent history in a back-and-forth series that had a bit of almost everything. When the Los Angeles Kings and Chicago Blackhawks’ battle led to a Game 7, fans wanted to tune in to see how it would end.

Los Angeles’ 5-4 overtime victory over Chicago drew a 3.17 metered market rating, per Nielsen Media Research. That’s an overnight ratings record for an NHL game on NBCSN, surpassing Game 3 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final between the Blackhawks and Boston Bruins (3.10).

The game had a 22.7 rating in Chicago, which is the most ever for a Blackhawks contest on NBCSN. Los Angeles produced its best metered market rating for a conference finals game on NBCSN (4.8).

The game also attracted a strong audience from New York as Rangers fans watched to see who their team would face in the Stanley Cup Final. The contest drew a 3.7 rating in New York, which set a new high for NBCSN among non-Stanley Cup Final games that didn’t feature a New York team.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/02/hawks-kings-game-7-broke-nbcsns-overnight-ratings-record/

Archived