The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning has placed offer for 1st overall; impressed by local prospect Reinhart

TheRussianRocket.

Horvat Shink and Jensen are most likely non starters due to Tallons wanting no prospects no real picks (barring a top 10 I am sure) and proven players.

Added we are taking a step backwards by losing them when our depth of prospects is so meager to begin with

Tanev I would hate to lose but....

Jensen is no longer a prospect. He's shown that with some grooming, he'll be a top 6 forward.

If Horvat is offered, Tallon would not turn it down just cause he wanted proven players. He's going to be a solid top 9, and is only a couple years away.

Jensen is no longer a prospect. He's shown that with some grooming, he'll be a top 6 forward.

If Horvat is offered, Tallon would not turn it down just cause he wanted proven players. He's going to be a solid top 9, and is only a couple years away.

Barkov, Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Goc, Trochek and more....Horvat is redundant.

And while his ceiling is awesome it doesn't help them win now which Tallon and ownership in FLA have stated is their goal which is why they're open to trading the pick.

Added Jensens 30 something games with the Sedins is hardly proven

Barkov, Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Goc, Trochek and more....Horvat is redundant.

And while his ceiling is awesome it doesn't help them win now which Tallon and ownership in FLA have stated is their goal which is why they're open to trading the pick.

Added Jensens 30 something games with the Sedins is hardly proven

Tallon wouldn't turn down Horvat because he has Goc or Trochek. He projects to be much better, not to mention he can play left wing.

Tallon knows that you can't win without guys like Horvat. Realistically Florida isn't gonna be a cup contender for at least a couple years, if that. Horvat should just be rounding into form then.

Never said Jensen is proven, but he has shown that he is capable of playing at the next level. Whether it be as a second or third liner remains to be seen. The size and skill are definitely there though. If he becomes the player he is projected to be, he'll be worth alot more in the future.

Tallon wouldn't turn down Horvat because he has Goc or Trochek. He projects to be much better, not to mention he can play left wing.

Tallon knows that you can't win without guys like Horvat. Realistically Florida isn't gonna be a cup contender for at least a couple years, if that. Horvat should just be rounding into form then.

Never said Jensen is proven, but he has shown that he is capable of playing at the next level. Whether it be as a second or third liner remains to be seen. The size and skill are definitely there though. If he becomes the player he is projected to be, he'll be worth alot more in the future.

There is no way Benning walks in here and trades Horvat and or Shinkaruk. Quite honestly the jewles in 5 years of poor drafting by the previous regime.

I can see a combination including Tanev and a B grade like Mallett or Labate with the 6th overall, even Garrison over Tanev but not Horvat or the like.

It goes against what benning and Linden said they want to do and also goes against what Tallon says he needs.

Of course he doesn't turn down Horvat and the 6th oa though....he does it and gives the CDC another 5 years worth of WTF did management do to us threads

There is no way Benning walks in here and trades Horvat and or Shinkaruk. Quite honestly the jewles in 5 years of poor drafting by the previous regime.

Of course he doesn't turn down Horvat and the 6th oa though....he does it and gives the CDC another 5 years worth of WTF did management do to us threads

Never said it would be Horvat and the 6th straight across.

Florida has some good young players that could come back the other way with the first.

Horvat is not untouchable. No prospect should be.

Never said it would be Horvat and the 6th straight across.

Florida has some good young players that could come back the other way with the first.

Horvat is not untouchable. No prospect should be.

Fair enough and my apologies.

Who would you be wanting back though. Assuming Kesler is also gone

Horvat 6th for 1st oa and?

That being said, the solution is simple if we want Reinhart. And that's acquiring pieces from Anaheim or Pittsburgh in a Kesler trade in order to make a deal.

That way it would essentially be trading Kesler for Reinhart.

I know extremely unlikely but it would be impressive if Benning could offer up a package to get 1st without giving up 6th.

Maybe 3way deal with Kesler involving Anaheim as the third team. Doubtful since 3way trades dont happen really in new nhl and itd be way to good to be true if JB kept 6th as well.

It would be a real shot in the arm for youth though landing Reinhart and potentially another from the top 5 if cgy or edm drafted differently.

So they interviewed 65 kids for 20-25 mins apiece? That's like 22 hours minimum. Considering there are 30 teams, is that even possible? Whatever.

There's talk of trading up, down, backwards, forwards, sideways, threeways every year. Easy story.

Pretty much this. Nothing unique from any other draft.

Horvat 6th for 1st oa and?

Iam hoping horvat stays. Cant say ive seem him play tons of games but he reminds me of toews-lite, not as gamebreaking or high scoring as toews, but a guy who probably gets 50-60 points in reg season and becomes even better come playoff time.

I really want to see this guy going through our system & eventually in the blue green & white.

ame="Warhippy" post="12189796" timestamp="1402280469"]

Horvat 6th for 1st oa and?[/quoteGudbranson

Probably in the minority but iam not too high on Gudbranson

I know extremely unlikely but it would be impressive if Benning could offer up a package to get 1st without giving up 6th.

Maybe 3way deal with Kesler involving Anaheim as the third team. Doubtful since 3way trades dont happen really in new nhl and itd be way to good to be true if JB kept 6th as well.

It would be a real shot in the arm for youth though landing Reinhart and potentially another from the top 5 if cgy or edm drafted differently.

If Benning kept the 6th and obtained the first I'd be jumping over the moon. I'd really be tempted to grab Ekblad though

I don't want to trade Horvat but if that's what management wanted I would like to see,

Horvat 6th oa

For

1st, Gudbranson

Neither am I. Gudbranson coming back for Horvat? I am going to pass on that honestly

I agree I'm not big on Gudbranson either and I doubt Florida would trade their 1st plus Gudbranson for 6th and Horvat. They need help on defense and wing. Honestly the cost to move up to 1st I don't think is worth it. I would stick with taking either one of Leon, Michael, Nikolaj or William. If Florida would do Tanev/Garrison, Gaunce, 6th(Nylander/Ehlers) two players they covet. I'd be on board but I feel it will cost more.

I posted this in another thread. What do you think?

To FLA:

Tanev

Smith-Pelly

6th overall

To ANA:

Kesler

To Van:

1st overall

10th overall

24th overall

I'm not the best at proposals, but give or take I think it's a good starting point for a 3 way with the teams included here.

Why is everyone trading Horvat? Don't understand? Is this a rumour I missed.. Or????

NO.

It was literally this on a radio show.

What about trading Horvat and the 6th overall in a package, do you think that is possible

And CDC of course ran with it as a verified rumour that Horvat was part fo a trade package rumour....

NO.

It was literally this on a radio show.

What about trading Horvat and the 6th overall in a package, do you think that is possible

And CDC of course ran with it as a verified rumour that Horvat was part fo a trade package rumour....

Brutal....

Makes no sense...

We need more prospects not less.

Send Garrison Hansen and 10th

Archived