The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll/ Discussion] Nylander vs. Ehlers; only 2 options for Canucks at #6

canucks155

Who should the Canucks draft at #6  

233 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If the Beach/Hodgson thing is true, then Gillis may not be the worst GM ever, he's now 2nd worst :)

Hes nowhere near the worst. Mike Milbury anyone? He was one win away from having a statue made of himself in front of gm place. He wasnt that bad at drafting compared to other teams since his tenure. The NTC were a joke though and I was hugely vocal about keeping Bieksa and Ehrhoff and trading Ballard, when contracts were up. That was a mistake but most of CDC was all over Gillis #$$% at that point.

Hes nowhere near the worst. Mike Milbury anyone? He was one win away from having a statue made of himself in front of gm place. He wasnt that bad at drafting compared to other teams since his tenure. The NTC were a joke though and I was hugely vocal about keeping Bieksa and Ehrhoff and trading Ballard, when contracts were up. That was a mistake but most of CDC was all over Gillis #$$% at that point.

He made 2 minor trades that ended working out. He then went on to dismantle everything that worked for size and handed everybody NTC's. The dude was an idiot. Altho, he was no where near Milbury. My bad.

He made 2 minor trades that ended working out. He then went on to dismantle everything that worked for size and handed everybody NTC's. The dude was an idiot. Altho, he was no where near Milbury. My bad.

Im not even a Gillis fan. I didnt care he got axed, im just saying he wasnt horrible and his drafting was alright.

Whats with all the terrible mock drafts from analyst that have us picking Virtanen -_-

Should be clearly Nylander.

The only reason Virtanen is even in the conversation for the pick, is because he's from BC. If he was from somewhere else, he wouldn't be as talked about as he is. If Virtanen isn't picked by us, I think he'll go outside of the top 10.

Jared McCann is pretty similar to these guys

Every mock draft I've seen has him in the early-mid 10's. Way too high to take him at 6. He's good but he didn't put ppg #'s which is generally expected for a top 10 draft pick playing in the CHL. He looks like a future 2nd line center, a spot occupied by one Bo Horvat.

I love how you're only talking about Ovechkin and Kessel and compltely ignoring the other 9 players I listed in that post that are minus players. And now, scoring 50 goals, and being the only one on your team who really does anything besides your 1st line centre, means you're not having a favourable impact on wins and losses? Is hockey not a team sport? One excellent player can't make a team that's bad into a good team. If their respective teams are poor and non playoff teams, which all of teams of the total 11 players in that post are (minus O Reilly), that one player cannot simply put the team on his pack, and magically turn it into a good team. The +/- stat is much more of a team stat, than it is an individual player stat. For e.g, Johnny Boychuk, Dustin Penner, Matt Bartkowski, and Ben Lovejoy are +31, +25, +22, and +21. Are any of them "good players"? No. Boychuk, Penner, and Lovejoy are average players, while Bartkowski is a youngster who is trying to make a name for himself. Why is their +/- so high? Because they are all on great teams. Boychuk and Bartkowski are in Boston and Penner spent the majority of his season in Anaheim, while Lovejoy spent the whole season in Anaheim. See where I'm coming from?

See now, your point has been eradicated by your own rage. I've lost all interest in talking hockey with you because we are so far from the original topic. You have written so much in such a short time that you're bound to have somethings right, but I'm sure there a far more things wrong. Oh and -10% for being late.

See now, your point has been eradicated by your own rage. I've lost all interest in talking hockey with you because we are so far from the original topic. You have written so much in such a short time that you're bound to have somethings right, but I'm sure there a far more things wrong. Oh and -10% for being late.

Alright then. Have a nice day.

My vote was for Ehlers, but I would be happy with either pick.

If we keep the 6th pick, that is.

:canucks:

Mine too. Ehlers has that rare combination of high-end skill and high-end speed we haven't had since Bure. I hope we keep the 6th pick and don't package it with Horvat or something stupid like that to move up for Reinhart, who is good, but not that good. Unless I miss my guess, though, Nylander is going to go top 5, which will bump a safer prospect than Ehlers down to #6. I still hope we go for the home run with Ehlers, but won't be shocked if we don't. This team desperately needs offensive skill right now and it would be stupid to waste a high pick on a safe 2-way player when we already have several of them coming up.

MacKinnon is super fast. He never really got "clobbered by a dman" Instead, he dominated them. Speed can really put you a league above everyone else.

Because he plays w/ Landy and Stasny and is a good size for the NHL (6'0 and 180Ibs). He's also got great vision, good shot and passes well. He has many other skills other than just speed. He doesn't have to always rely on his speed because he is so skilled.

Mine too. Ehlers has that rare combination of high-end skill and high-end speed we haven't had since Bure. I hope we keep the 6th pick and don't package it with Horvat or something stupid like that to move up for Reinhart, who is good, but not that good. Unless I miss my guess, though, Nylander is going to go top 5, which will bump a safer prospect than Ehlers down to #6. I still hope we go for the home run with Ehlers, but won't be shocked if we don't. This team desperately needs offensive skill right now and it would be stupid to waste a high pick on a safe 2-way player when we already have several of them coming up.

I agree. Reinhart is a great player, but it's going to take too much of an overpayment to get him. I'd rather keep Tanev/Horvat and grab Ehlers.

Archived