The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Which teams offer for Kesler is best?

Which teams offer is best?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Couturier, Morin, and #17??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Definitely Pittsburgh if Pouliot is part of the deal. If not, we shouldn't even consider. I'd be interested in trading with Detroit if Mantha is part of the deal. As for Anaheim, the value is there but I just don't really care for Etem. He's good, but just not what we need at the moment. Also, trading to a conference rival usually isn't too good of an idea

I would do Anaheim or Chicago's #1 without thinking. Particularly Anaheim's as that would leave us with the assets to snag the number 1 pick this draft with the right deal.

Edit: As for trading to a conference rival, yeah, it would hurt us in the short term. Put Kesler on the Ducks and I will bet good money he gets 35 goals his first season and more than few would likely be against the Canucks. In the long term though, we could all be laughing in 2 to 5 years if our young players come up while we're still getting milage out of the Sedins.

I really like the idea of getting two first rounders, so I like the Anaheim deal. Not sure if they would bite, but it would be cool.

It's a risk though. No guarantee the picks pan out especially the later one. If you get Etem + Vatanen/Theodore + #10, you get 2 prospects who are developing well and 1 pick over just Etem + #10&#24 where you get 1 prospect who is developing well and 2 picks.

I personally would want Etem, Vatanen, #10. Get 2 solid prospects as is and a top 10 pick. Plus the 2 prospects help us at wing and defense (offensive dman to be exact with puck moving capabilities) which improves our weaknesses a lot and a pick which we can trade down too or keep or whatever.

Archived