The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hockey News Fantasy Guide 14/15

Darth Kane

41 wins (Miller 28, Lack 13) should be good enough to make it to the postseason (probably the second wild card spot).

Does that mean The Hockey News is actually predicting the Canucks will make the playoffs?

I think we'll challenge for 3rd in the Pacific but likely end up in a dogfight for a wild card position (so I agree with their projection).

Only if there are a lot of OTL's.

The only way both Jensen and Horvat hit 30 points is if they're on the team for the entire season. The only way that happens is if they impress so much during preseason that management is convinced and trade two forwards to make room for them. I really doubt that will happen.

Barring injury I think you can add at least 10 to both Sedins. If that happens Edler will be over 40 points. I also think both Bieksa and Hamhuis are a little low. I can see Kassian breaking 50 points this season if on the second line and playing like he did down the stretch. If Kassian plays like that Bonino will be over 50 as well. He may even break 60 points if that happens.

I think this team is going to be better than most expect and prospects, other than Vey, are going to have a tough time cracking the opening line up.

Horvat and Jensen both hitting 30+ points would be a success in my books. Perhaps Jensen pops in more and challenges for Calder.

THN assessment about Lack winning just as much as Miller is absolutely SPOT-ON. Waste of $6mil imo. Miller is a drama queen and sucks @ss. Hopefully our tough fan base makes him crack by January. He can play gate opener when WD staples him to the bench for Lack

I hold out hope for Vrbata with the Sedins but surely not holding my breath

Hoping alot of our youngsters are given plenty of time to develop and make their mistakes and develop from them.

To me, this whole next season is basically one giant "try-out" to see who makes the 2015-2016 team....THAT will be the crucial team moving forward with the much bigger expectations.

Sedins, Burrows, Edler will all be assessed to see if last season was just a one-off or a view of this to come. If it is the later then surely they will be dealt by the deadline or the draft.

Bottom 6 guys like Matthias, Richardson, Dorsett, Sestito, will be evaluated early in the season. Benning has stated that if a youngster earns a spot...he will be on the team despite vets already signed. Richardson and Matthias can both play wing but I see one of them getting moved. Richardson and his 1.15 can fit in the minors as Canucks will only be on the hook for .25 on the salary cap. I wasnt too impressed with Matthias after having so much hype surrounding him the past few years but Im hoping WD can turn that around.

Again...hopefully WD can fix alot of the problems and get us on the right track. If thats the case then having an eastern biased Magazine like THN give us a low rank and low expectation are what this team needs and could come out and surprise the doubters

If not....Hanifin or Zacha will look awesome walking up to the podium when their names are called to put on their new Canuck jerseys

41 wins with loser pts implies around 91pts - not enough in this conference. They predict we will place fourth in our division but both wild cards are coming out of the central like last year...so no they don't predict the team will make it...but almost make it...Oh and I know this because their paper is mailed to my house for over a decade now, with all the accessory mags/yearbooks etc- it's in the yearbook.

41 wins with loser pts implies around 91pts - not enough in this conference. They predict we will place fourth in our division but both wild cards are coming out of the central like last year...so no they don't predict the team will make it...but almost make it...Oh and I know this because their paper is mailed to my house for over a decade now, with all the accessory mags/yearbooks etc- it's in the yearbook.

I haven't received my yearbook yet. What are their predictions for the West?

Archived