The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canada/Russia or WTF is Harper trying to accomplish?

Balls of Bure

Bad Canada! Shush! Follow the rest of us around like a good little country!

No seriously though, Canada is pretty much just following along with its allies. If Canada didn't it would face future petty retributions from the rest of the west.

Worrying about getting invaded doesn't even make sense. The U.S. would never allow a foreign invading force on it's northern border. It would start World War 3. Canada, and Mexico for that matter, have nothing to worry about when it comes to a foreign invasion from any country in the world.

Having the US/Britain as backup is of course, a given. That being said, does Harper need to be sticking his neck out and picking fights with the big dog? Even if our allies came to our aid, would canadians really be thrilled about being ground zero for ww3? Sounds like a buzz kill to me.

Harpers actions just make Canada a larger target in the non western world. And now, Canadians will realize real economic costs over it. Although, with no pork going to russia, perhaps we can get the price of bacon back to where it was.

Read up on NATO OP.

It should answer a lot of your questions and concerns.

While that treaty is still in tact, any potential physical threat made by Russia, would be answered by the members of NATO.

Major members/Allies include: US, UK, France & Germany.

As it stands, it is not in Russia's best interest to engage hostility towards western civilization.

Bad Canada! Shush! Follow the rest of us around like a good little country!

No seriously though, Canada is pretty much just following along with its allies. If Canada didn't it would face future petty retributions from the rest of the west.

Worrying about getting invaded doesn't even make sense. The U.S. would never allow a foreign invading force on it's northern border. It would start World War 3. Canada, and Mexico for that matter, have nothing to worry about when it comes to a foreign invasion from any country in the world.

Canada,United States,Mexico are in it together for the long haul. I wouldn't suggest Canada won't be taken seriously, they have backing of the United States and although Canada lacks available equipment and technologies, you won't take a Canadian down with any ease.

Canada,United States,Mexico are in it together for the long haul. I wouldn't suggest Canada won't be taken seriously, they have backing of the United States and although Canada lacks available equipment and technologies, you won't take a Canadian down with any ease.

If the US goes down Canada goes down with it that's the only scenario I see it happening.

All empires and civilizations have an expiry date never say never..

Agreed, as there is numerous historical examples of this happening.

It is just highly unlikely, especially in today's modern era.

US is too large & powerful, as they out number most countries [China excluded] military power 2 to 1.

If the US goes down Canada goes down with it that's the only scenario I see it happening.

Not necessarily. The treaties that have been signed all throughout the west guarantees combined military force should any one country get invaded. Even if the US isn't a superpower 50 years down the road, the geo-political landscape would have to drastically alter in order for the west to lose it's pre-eminence.

Not necessarily. The treaties that have been signed all throughout the west guarantees combined military force should any one country get invaded. Even if the US isn't a superpower 50 years down the road, the geo-political landscape would have to drastically alter in order for the west to lose it's pre-eminence.

You mean, like, if say Russia and China had somehow managed to possess and secure most of the worlds gold and the precarious debt and oil based western economies were to collapse? Maybe we are not that far off.

You mean, like, if say Russia and China had somehow managed to possess and secure most of the worlds gold and the precarious debt and oil based western economies were to collapse? Maybe we are not that far off.

I'll bet money that you also believe in the Illuminati and the Freemason conspiracies. How's Alex Jones these days? :rolleyes:

I'll bet money that you also believe in the Illuminati and the Freemason conspiracies. How's Alex Jones these days? :rolleyes:

I bet that most of your savings are denominated in US dollars, held in a US financial institution in an account based in the US and that you only hold USAmerican citizenship?

I bet that most of your savings are denominated in US dollars, held in a US financial institution in an account based in the US and that you only hold USAmerican citizenship?

I've read your paranoid posts in the Bitcoin thread, so I'm going to do my best not to pick on you.

I'm pretty pleased with the line Harper has taken. I feel the utter lack of leadership from all the western allies has a lot to do with Putin doing whatever he wants without care. He has the most charisma and leadership in the world today. At least Harper is staying true to his word and staying consistent.

Who does? Putin or Harper? Cause certainly you dont believe Harper has charisma. I've seen showroom dummies with more charisma than Harper :lol:

Archived