The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fast Food Strikes Coming To 150 Cities, Organizers Say

freebuddy

So.. in "Keynesian" economics, a raise in the price floor needs to correlate with economic factors, such as increased wealth, economic growth..

The US has not had economic growth.

Any perceived growth has been at the behest of stimulus. This is not real growth.

Often times the suggestion of increasing minimum wage is non-sequitur even by Keynesian standards.

If they want to earn minimum wage, power to them. Why should they be entitled to the same things I have, for being smarter about my money and labour value?

Guess its time for the ownership class to pay taxes.

As easy as their jobs are and as expendable they are, I still think they deserve more money. McDonalds isn't going to crack based off easily replaceable workers going on strike. Honestly from a business stand point McDonalds is doing the right thing. What should be done is the minimum wage should be raised to a level where its feasible to actually live off of not in absolute poverty.

What McDonalds is going to do is reduce their overhead and replace most of those workers with automated touch screens.

That's what happens when people who have jobs that are easily dispensable start demanding more than they're worth.

Guess its time for the ownership class to pay taxes.

Except they own everything, thanks to your views that the government should intervene. The government turns around and helps the ownership class even more.
So your working solution to this problem is let's do it more..
Genius!

As easy as their jobs are and as expendable they are, I still think they deserve more money. McDonalds isn't going to crack based off easily replaceable workers going on strike. Honestly from a business stand point McDonalds is doing the right thing. What should be done is the minimum wage should be raised to a level where its feasible to actually live off of not in absolute poverty.

and corporations like McDonalds & Walmart get their employees to sign up for food stamps because their wages are so low.

What McDonalds is going to do is reduce their overhead and replace most of those workers with automated touch screens.

That's what happens when people who have jobs that are easily dispensable start demanding more than they're worth.

Except they own everything, thanks to your views that the government should intervene. The government turns around and helps the ownership class even more.

Genius!

and your solution is to be a paid liar

Genius!

I didn't realize automated touch screens could flip burgers, makes fries and fill drinks. Ahhh the world we live in. Technology is a beautiful thing.

and corporations like McDonalds & Walmart get their employees to sign up for food stamps because their waves are so low.

Or perhaps because government's FTA's policies have uprooted middle class unskilled labour and have those same unskilled people fighting with high school kids for minimal paying jobs.

So it's no surprise they are now even more dependent upon the government after the government caused them to lose their job and annihilate production within the country they live in.

Anyways, it's all Walmart and McDonald's fault, we need more government to fix things as it does so well. :lol:

So.. in "Keynesian" economics, a raise in the price floor needs to correlate with economic factors, such as increased wealth, economic growth..

The US has not had economic growth.

Any perceived growth has been at the behest of stimulus. This is not real growth.

Often times the suggestion of increasing minimum wage is non-sequitur even by Keynesian standards.

If they want to earn minimum wage, power to them. Why should they be entitled to the same things I have, for being smarter about my money and labour value?

Some people actually think about humanity before profits, obviously you dont.

The reason I don't like minimum wages is that in an economic contraction, everything needs to shrink -- wages, consumption, etc.

Obviously a wage price floor is an impediment to necessary wage drops, on top of politicians being too scurred.

So.. infinite inflation it is. Which never solves the problem, since wages need to infinitely be increased.

Infinite inflation is reality. Wages need to reflect inflation at a minimum. You can dislike minimum wages, but the overwhelming historical evidence shows that people with the power to abuse, abuse that power. In an economic contraction the wages, like everything else, need to find their own balance. If the wages are too high, it will cause inflation and when the economy grows it will find a new balance...that's what it does. It will keep growing and shrinking and growing and shrinking...until our new colonial masters liberate/enslave us.

Or perhaps because government's FTA's policies have uprooted middle class unskilled labour and have those same unskilled people fighting with high school kids for minimal paying jobs.

So it's no surprise they are now even more dependent upon the government after the government caused them to lose their job and annihilate production within the country they live in.

Anyways, it's all Walmart and McDonald's fault, we need more government to fix things as it does so well. :lol:

Yes, corporations are dependant on the government they bribe to pass favorable legislation, I agree.

Some people actually think about humanity before profits, obviously you dont.

Well no, it's not that you think about humanity, it's that you flat out don't think.

I think allowing people the freedom to decide for themselves what kind of life and job they want is the quintessence of a first world country.

You, on the other hand, are content blaming others for yours and others' shortcomings.

No amount of minimum wage would ever solve this problem which you're so eager to blame on wealthy people.

Infinite inflation is reality. Wages need to reflect inflation at a minimum. You can dislike minimum wages, but the overwhelming historical evidence shows that people with the power to abuse, abuse that power. In an economic contraction the wages, like everything else, need to find their own balance. If the wages are too high, it will cause inflation and when the economy grows it will find a new balance...that's what it does. It will keep growing and shrinking and growing and shrinking...until our new colonial masters liberate/enslave us.

The wages would find their own balance. If people are making too high of wages, a company would try to re-negotiate those wages, or, let them go and find an employee that better fits with lessening profits. This is already within a scope of how businesses are managed. Absolutely nothing changes.

Yes, corporations are dependant on the government they bribe to pass favorable legislation, I agree.

I agree too, we need more gubment to steer more capital to the rich and save the poor oppressed have-not's. :lol:

I didn't realize automated touch screens could flip burgers, makes fries and fill drinks. Ahhh the world we live in. Technology is a beautiful thing.

I like that attitude, but..

You must have missed a link in this thread showing that very technology is forthcoming. :lol:

Never underestimate technology.

Well no, it's not that you think about humanity, it's that you flat out don't think.

I think allowing people the freedom to decide for themselves what kind of life and job they want is the quintessence of a first world country.

You, on the other hand, are content blaming others for yours and others' shortcomings.

No amount of minimum wage would ever solve this problem which you're so eager to blame on wealthy people.

The wages would find their own balance. If people are making too high of wages, a company would try to re-negotiate those wages, or, let them go and find an employee that better fits with lessening profits. This is already within a scope of how businesses are managed. Absolutely nothing changes.

I agree too, we need more gubment to steer more capital to the rich and save the poor oppressed have-not's. :lol:

No, you are wrong. People would take advantage of workers and continue to pay them less than they can to fulfill their greed. People are maximizers by nature, including workers. Min wages are necessary.

No, you are wrong. People would take advantage of workers and continue to pay them less than they can to fulfill their greed. People are maximizers by nature, including workers. Min wages are necessary.

If Company A decides to pay Person A less than Company B would, Person A would choose to work at Company B. Thus, Company A would be compelled to better pay better wages, since they'd rather have employees at all than no functioning business. If Person A decides to accept Company A's wages, they have decided that is what their labour value is. Which is not Company A's fault.

Just give people healthcare and affordable housing and they can live on minimum wage

If Company A decides to pay Person A less than Company B would, Person A would choose to work at Company B. Thus, Company A would be compelled to better pay better wages, since they'd rather have employees at all than no functioning business. If Person A decides to accept Company A's wages, they have decided that is what their labour value is. Which is not Company A's fault.

which doesnt work if theres no company b to work for.

The issue with your math here is that there is infinite person A's so companies don't need to fight with competitive wages in order to secure them. That would only work if person A was actually in demand.

I like that attitude, but..

You must have missed a link in this thread showing that very technology is forthcoming. :lol:

Never underestimate technology.

I take my touch screens with a a hint of Big Mac sauce smothered on the screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GajoPqoi9wo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-JR2KDRnEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukNkCnNJuR8

Psssh I'm not impressed.... I could do that too... Stupid robots. Dey friggin took er jerbs!

All jokes aside thats pretty cool.

What company on this planet has infinite positions? If company B has their positions filled, there will be 14 applicants for every company A position. In turn, company B will offer lower wages due to high demand for jobs. That's exactly what is happening today. Your example is pure fiction.

Archived