The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fast Food Strikes Coming To 150 Cities, Organizers Say

freebuddy

Just give people healthcare and affordable housing and they can live on minimum wage

LOL, right

which doesnt work if theres no company b to work for.

Even in government controlled industries there's Company B's to work for, but since we're talking about fast food joints, there's Company A, B, C, F, probably almost all the way to Z.

And like I said about Calgary, they pay their fast food workers far more than minimum wage after a year or two because most of the demand is for higher paying jobs.

The issue with your math here is that there is infinite person A's so companies don't need to fight with competitive wages in order to secure them. That would only work if person A was actually in demand.

I take my touch screens with a a hint of Big Mac sauce smothered on the screen.

There was never a suggestion that there were infinite companies, but there are no shortage of companies that need workers here in Calgary.

Logically, one goes where the demand is, or, they sit around and hope jobs come to them, and deal with what they deal with.

Can't force people not to be stupid.

What company on this planet has infinite positions? If company B has their positions filled, there will be 14 applicants for every company A position. In turn, company B will offer lower wages due to high demand for jobs. That's exactly what is happening today. Your example is pure fiction.

That's when, either the employee, finds a better industry to work in, or finds another place where workers are more in demand, and where they can make more, if they absolutely must work in the fast food industry / service sector.

Again, there are plenty of options.. the fact that so many wish to be lazy and not take options available to them does not mean options aren't there.

Nor am I stating there are "infinite" options, which is an utterly asinine statement.

I could never work at any fast food place. Those guys work their asses off for peanuts. It not so much the low wage that made me never apply for those jobs, its the freaking pace they have to work at. My first after school job was 'butcher boy' at a butcher shop...where else? That job kept me pretty busy too, dismantiling, cleaning then reassambling the cutting equipment. Cleaning the display fridges, etc. What does this have to do with fast food? Idk :lol:

LOL, right

Even in government controlled industries there's Company B's to work for, but since we're talking about fast food joints, there's Company A, B, C, F, probably almost all the way to Z.

And like I said about Calgary, they pay their fast food workers far more than minimum wage after a year or two because most of the demand is for higher paying jobs.

There was never a suggestion that there were infinite companies, but there are no shortage of companies that need workers here in Calgary.

Logically, one goes where the demand is, or, they sit around and hope jobs come to them, and deal with what they deal with.

Can't force people not to be stupid.

That's when, either the employee, finds a better industry to work in, or finds another place where workers are more in demand, and where they can make more, if they absolutely must work in the fast food industry / service sector.

Again, there are plenty of options.. the fact that so many wish to be lazy and not take options available to them does not mean options aren't there.

Nor am I stating there are "infinite" options, which is an utterly asinine statement.

Calgary has no relevance here, thats asinine to even mention, were talking about the USA. In small town America, theyre lucky if they have company A as an option.

Calgary has no relevance here, thats asinine to even mention, were talking about the USA. In small town America, theyre lucky if they have company A as an option.

If they're out in buttfrack nowhere and there are no companies, they should likely be more self-sufficient than relying on a company, I would think, for their livelihood. Of course, I'm the only one thinking here.

If they're out in buttfrack nowhere and there are no companies, they should likely be more self-sufficient than relying on a company, I would think, for their livelihood. Of course, I'm the only one thinking here.

But youre not, youre just trolling nonsense. If the energy industry collapses like it did in the late 80s, you might have to work at McDonalds.

If it is $15 per hour for jobs with liitle skills, then jobs that are semi-skilled will demand $20-$25, more skilled jobs, $30-35, etc up the line. If all wages up, then prices of goods/services go up to compensate. In the end its the same result.

Fuck that, I don't get out of bed for less than $38/hr. If duds can make 15-20 I would fully expect to make $50+/hr and 70-90/hr if I went to somewhere progressive like northern Alberta.

If they're working for the current minimum wage, they can usually find a job that pays the same. If theyre successful, their fight will have been won.

You forget though, they will all be fighting for those same jobs. Many would stay unemployed while some of their former co-workers are working those other jobs.

You forget though, they will all be fighting for those same jobs. Many would stay unemployed while some of their former co-workers are working those other jobs.

Isnt that always the way it is when you're fighting for your rights? Maybe they'll find sympathetic employers.

Archived