The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL's Top 60 Prospects

Plum

Your assessment is correct of these two players.

Another similarity between these players are that they are puck hounders, Lazar crashes and bangs when he chases pucks but Horvat doesn't hit as much, he'll use his stick and size to cut off players from the puck but Lazar is more direct.

I also think the comparisons you have are opposite, Bergeron is faster than Mike Richards, he's not as physical so not my favourite comparison but Bergeron is the more efficient player compared to Richards and that's how Lazar and Horvat are. I like a Jeff Carter comparison with Lazar, both are very fast, have great shots and also hit quite a bit. Lazar plays the PK, PP just like Carter.

Definitely. Bo anticipates and uses his body and strength to cut players off or use his stick (makes up for the lack of speed), whereas Lazar chases players down with his speed then crashes into them.

Good catch. I overlooked the skating deficiency and shooting in Richards' game because of the size similarity, physicality and leadership aspects. A 4-inches shorter Jeff Carter would be a better comparison for sure :lol:

Just curious how you two and other view Scott Laughton. I always thought he played a similar game to Horvat.

A tier below Bo if you compare their OHL production at the same age (or even this season straight up) - and Scott never was able to help or take his team go deep. I think he hits more but has less hockey sense. 3/4C upside whereas Horvat is 2/3C.

I am really not a fan of a lot of this list.

For starters, as previously mentioned. Guys like Nylander and Ehlers are well ahead of players drafted before them. So is NHL.com saying Virtanen and MDC were bad picks, despite ranking them ahead of the other two most of the time in Mock drafts and rankings?

A lot of players too low on this list. Laughton I think is about 8-10 spots too low, Malcolm Subban is way too low as well. Guys like Morin and Pulock not even on the list? Crazy. How Shinkaruk doesn't get a single vote is beyong me as well...

Archived