my take on the subject....

virtanen/matthias

jensen/burrows

shinkarek/higgins

horvat/richardson

vey/hansen

mccann/h. sedin

gaunce/dorsett...

we need more prospects to take over the other players....

i can see dorsett being re-signed...matthias and richardson ?

Dorsett and Richardson should be re-signed no doubt...

Matthias I think might be traded because he's too inconsistent.

dorsett should be resigned but why richardson hes old doesnt win a ton of faceoffs id rather go with gaunce whos a bigger body and better on faceoffs in key situations in games

Gaunce has not proven he can be better on faceoffs than richardson at the NHL level.

As for Matthias, i feel hes not very happy in Vancouver and will be gone by July 1st, if not sooner.

my take on the subject....

virtanen/matthias

jensen/burrows

shinkarek/higgins

horvat/richardson

vey/hansen

mccann/h. sedin

gaunce/dorsett...

we need more prospects to take over the other players....

i can see dorsett being re-signed...matthias and richardson ?

Henrik Sedin -- an un-named player by 2018-2019 that the Canucks will acquire via trade or draft in the next three years.

Daniel Sedin -- Hunter Shinkaruk by 2018-2019

Radim Vrbata -- Niklas Jensen by 2018-2019 (Vrbata signs one year extension)

Nick Bonino -- Bo Horvat by 2017-2018

Chris Higgins -- Jake Virtanen by 2017-2018

Alex Burrows -- Linden Vey by 2017-2018

Brad Richardson -- Bo Horvat by 2015-2016 (Richie signs 2 year extension and is the 4th line C for 2015-2017)

Shawn Matthias -- 2 year extension til 2016-2017

Zack Kassian -- extended until 2018-2019

Bo Horvat -- Brad Richardson until 2017; then by Brendan Gaunce by 2017-2018

Derek Dorsett -- extended until 2016-2017

Jannek Hansen -- traded by 2015-2016, replaced by Linden Vey.

Tom Sestito -- unsigned as UFA at the end of 2014-2015; 13th forward: Brendan Gaunce/Nick Jensen

McCann -- AHL depth starting 2016-2017 season

Cassels -- AHL depth starting 2015-2016 season

Depending on prospects' state of readiness for the NHL, certain vets could very well be moved sooner than later. If that is the case, IMO, the two prime candidates to be moved are Burrows and Hansen (subject to their waiving of their respective NTC).

For my 2 cents, the offensive pairings for each line are: Henrik/Daniel; Bonino/Higgy; Richie/Matthias (mainly because Kass has been in and out of the lineup due to injuries); Bo/Dorsett. Vrbata, Burrows, Vey, Kass and Hansen are guys you can actually move up and down the lineup (just noticed that these are all RWers).

Matthias is starting to come into his own as a power winger and will probably go on a tear closer to the deadline. But i feel he doesn't want to be a winger, and doesn't want to be in Vancouver whatsoever. He might be a good packageable player for a defenseman closer to the deadline.

That had been my sentiment as well, but because of the change in Matthias' play starting with Game 9 this season, I'd asked a couple of days ago on another thread what people thought about Matthias' future with the Canucks. The predominant sentiment was that it was worth re-signing him, and one poster provided the folowing quote referring to Matthias being quoted apparently being happy in Vancouver:

“It’s the first time I’ve ever been on a team this good, a winning team,” said third-line winger Shawn Matthias, who has played seven postseason games in six years.

“I was talking to my dad about this last night. It’s fun coming to the rink and winning.

“This is the most fun I’ve ever had playing hockey. I’ve really enjoyed playing for (Desjardins).”

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Botchford+Desjardins+leading+Canucks/10426903/story.html

Archived