The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boxing day at the brick

cleowin

Blockbuster is an icon. Nothing can replace Blockbuster.

Internet sites like Netflix and Hulu have been replacing Blockbuster for years now with zero sign of slowing down. Add Video On Demand and there is no reason to set foot inside of a movie store ever again.

If the people who ran Blockbuster were smart they would have taken large sums of their profits to secure leasing rights to movies like Netflix did to get started out. Or even better, acquire Netflix when they were on the ropes and needed to sell. Netflix CEO Reed Hastings called Blockbuster and asked them to buy Netflix after a lengthy battle fought over customers that had Blockbuster ahead, and Netflix on the ropes.

When leadership at Blockbuster changed in 2007 the new direction was decidedly away from the internet, something people will view as business suicide in future business programs. In the end it was petty infighting and politics that decided the future [demise] of the "iconic" Blockbuster model.

I may agree that at its peak Blockbuster was an icon, it just wasn't run like a lasting one.

On a sidenote ;)

I have disliked The Brick for years. I have witnessed so much of their furniture fall apart from relaxed use, and everything feels poorly made when you gently push on it. Flimsy even. Don't know anything about their mattresses. I hope the OP got a decent mattress that lasts over a decade a few days ago.

%50 off of a $2500 mattress about 12 years ago and it is still going good. Sometimes paying a bit more is better.

Archived