The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rogers arena Crowd: VERY Quiet...

Jam126

OT here, but: I assume you live locally? I always wondered how NFL fans here and across Canada picked their die hard NFL teams. I knew this Green Bay diehard locally and he made a Packers-themed basement, etc. I was always like, why? Random team picked out of a hat? Team history? Look of jersey/logo? What? I never asked him, but I was curious. I guess it doesn't matter.

9ers fan since I was a kid. Grew up watching the greats with my old man (he was a huge Montana fan) so I think that's where the selecting of teams comes from perhaps? Having a favourite player and it goes from there.

On the other hand, Steve Yzerman is my favourite NHLer of all time and I could care less about the Red Wings lol.

It's true. The last few games I've been too I feel like there are quite a few people who seem to want to cheer but their is a weird stigma that it isn't cool. I really hope it livens up for the (hopefully) playoffs. If Van can play Calgary first round that should stir up a lot of interest then maybe they get a St. Louis in the second round and who knows what could happen. You don't have to be the best team to win the Stanley Cup

Archived