The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

3 Trades San Jose/Pittsburg/Edmonton (Proposal)

Ryan Miller (50% RETAINED) for San Jose 2015 - 39 OA

Hamhuis and 2015-23 OA for Edmonton's 2015-16th OA + 2015-33 OA + 2015-57 OA

Kassian to Pittsburgh for 2015-46 OA

First off we reduce our cap by $ 12,250,000 - $3,000,000 retained = $9,250,000

This keeps our young goalies, allows us to sign Lack to an bridge contract $3,000,000 Leaving us to either pick up a UFA defenseman for look for a clearance sale......either way it is a win!

Gives us a 2015 - 16 OA, 33 OA, 39 OA, 46 OA, and 57 OA

And don't be worrying about Hamhuis, as Prince George is almost as close to Edmonton and Vancouver is.

Edmonton could also sign Hamhuis to a extension as part of the deal

Pretty sure you can't trade goalies for draft picks 900 years in advance.

McDavids great great great great great great great.... great grandson is projected to go early in the second round of the deep 2915 draft. San Jose would be foolish to give up such an asset.

Good Call Jazz!

But, lets just say you could! LOL

No, seriously, I think that we could afford to loose Hamhuis, as when he was injured last year, I didn't think the Canucks missed him that much, but I do realize it is a big move, but one Edmonton would be hard pressed to pass up on, especially if Edmonton is allowed to talk to Hamhuis and sign him to an extension as part of the trade.

Especially, if we could sign one of McQuad or Sekera to fill in.

I honestly believe we will move Hamhuis, and if he will waive his NTC, this would open up Vancouver the possibility of the Canucks moving up even further, if they wished to. (Not top 10 but up a couple more notches is they wanted someone real bad)

I really tried to make them realalistic.......pass or Fail?

And don't be worrying about Hamhuis, as Prince George is almost as close to Edmonton and Vancouver is.

He's from Smithers, not Prince George...

I understand that $3,000,000 for 2 years are large bills, and I don't know if Benning would eat the money and the crow, but to me it seems better long term to rid our selves of Miller, than Lack. I also think that Miller might bring a little more, with us paying that, even at 2 million a year, it is a good deal for San Jose, and worth them taking Miller.

As for Hamhuis, there is plenty of talk now a days of moving him, and whether it is Smithers or PG, you still have to go to PG first, I believe. I wouldn't think that he would be traveling there during the hockey season anyways...........

Edmonton takes it...........and it is a good deal for us.

What I didn't mention was, we will still probably have to get rid of another dman besides........One of Stanton, Weber, or Bieska, although, I think Bieska should stick around as a 6 or 7 type Dman.

Forgive me for saying so......but I think the deals are solid, and ones we do at the draft...........any objections?

Ryan Miller (50% RETAINED) for San Jose 2015 - 39 OA

Hamhuis and 2015-23 OA for Edmonton's 2015-16th OA + 2015-33 OA + 2015-57 OA

Kassian to Pittsburgh for 2015-46 OA

First off we reduce our cap by $ 12,250,000 - $3,000,000 retained = $9,250,000

This keeps our young goalies, allows us to sign Lack to an bridge contract $3,000,000 Leaving us to either pick up a UFA defenseman for look for a clearance sale......either way it is a win!

Gives us a 2015 - 16 OA, 33 OA, 39 OA, 46 OA, and 57 OA

You need Ritalin, big time.

Philip Blunt

What is wrong with the proposal......the retained part could go down somewhat I would admit, but it shows you what can be done, and more than likely what needs to be done........

Make a mature counter proposal that you think will work............just for the record, it doesn't matter which goaltender you keep, the Canucks will still spend the money...the question is which goalie is better to keep and what does the extra cash buy you........the pick is just incidental in a lot of ways and for many people.

I think it is a win win for us

We have to move out players and money.............what is your idea?

Archived