The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposa) Van-Phi

Ppl will say no way to this because of the Kassian Gagner debocal, but here it goes

To Van: Gagner, 2016 3rd or 4th- Pick goes away if we resign gagner

To Phi: Higgins, rights to weber or stanton

Reasoning:

Gagner is still fairly young and does have skill, I would play him on the wing beside horvat.

Burrows Horvat Gagner

Gagner, provides offense that we could use, helps our 2nd PP unit.

This trade helps philly but saving some cap space and yes they are getting an older player in return, but Higgins is a solid 3rd line who is a great 2 way player. Can slot in anywhere in the top 9 as we all know.

Philly isnt far from where Higgins is from, so I think he would waive.

We move out a vet with 2 yrs on his deal, and bring in a 25 yr old. He is 5`11 200lbs so not as small as i thought aswell. He brings a career scoring average of 0.6ppg

I think this is a risk worth taking, and yes we do take on a bit of cap, but most likely we move someout most notibely Bieksa. No one in FA has the skillset he can bring who will sign for a 1yr deal at 3m, so if it doesnt work out we arent attached to keeping him.

Ppl will say no way to this because of the Kassian Gagner debocal, but here it goes

To Van: Gagner, 2016 3rd or 4th- Pick goes away if we resign gagner

To Phi: Higgins, rights to weber or stanton

Reasoning:

Gagner is still fairly young and does have skill, I would play him on the wing beside horvat.

Burrows Horvat Gagner

Gagner, provides offense that we could use, helps our 2nd PP unit.

This trade helps philly but saving some cap space and yes they are getting an older player in return, but Higgins is a solid 3rd line who is a great 2 way player. Can slot in anywhere in the top 9 as we all know.

Philly isnt far from where Higgins is from, so I think he would waive.

We move out a vet with 2 yrs on his deal, and bring in a 25 yr old. He is 5`11 200lbs so not as small as i thought aswell. He brings a career scoring average of 0.6ppg

I think this is a risk worth taking, and yes we do take on a bit of cap, but most likely we move someout most notibely Bieksa. No one in FA has the skillset he can bring who will sign for a 1yr deal at 3m, so if it doesnt work out we arent attached to keeping him.

With no qualifying offers to Stanton or Weber I'd say they are non factors in the deal. I would also say in order to get Gagner, the pick would be from Vancouver and it wouldn't be conditional.

Gagner had 41 pts in 81gp. And thats on a crappy Arizona team who lost Hanzal and Boedker at end of year plus the loss of Yandle at the deadline.

For his salary he makes he out performed our fan Favourite Burrows who had 33pts in 70gp playing PP and with the sedins for part of the year.

All im saying is he has skill, and he could help our team with secondary scoring

With no qualifying offers to Stanton or Weber I'd say they are non factors in the deal. I would also say in order to get Gagner, the pick would be from Vancouver and it wouldn't be conditional.

Sorry yes i did not know about them not being qualified. I would have a conditonal pick from us if he resigned going thier way, he still has youth on his side so it could be worth it

Stanton and Weber are fair game for philly on Thursday anyways

yes i am now aware, as the above post i made above you states. Surprising they didnt retain atleast one of them, oh well

Gagner to nucks is still of interest to me, read something that philly was maybe gonna buy him out, not sure if true

I would trade jensen for him if they thru in a pick for us, and that would eat most of a Bieksa trade i know so not sure if we could be cap compliant by retaining all our rfas and take gagner on by only moving out bieksa

yes i am now aware, as the above post i made above you states. Surprising they didnt retain atleast one of them, oh well

Gagner to nucks is still of interest to me, read something that philly was maybe gonna buy him out, not sure if true

I would trade jensen for him if they thru in a pick for us, and that would eat most of a Bieksa trade i know so not sure if we could be cap compliant by retaining all our rfas and take gagner on by only moving out bieksa

I don't think the Canucks would have to add anything, as Yotes mentioned it is rumoured that one of the reasons that Philly traded for Gagne was to buy him out as his contract is a year less, less money plus he his 25 so Philly's cap hit on Gagne's buyout would be for a short term and a lot less money. We will see in the next few days if he is bought out then as of July 1st he could be had for free but if the Canucks did want to trade for him then they may not have to offer much if the buyout rumours are true

Gagner is another soft, undersized player. We have a similar player in Vey, and if you cant cut it in EDM or Zona, you probably cant cut it anywhere else in the league. Maybe people are still mesmerized by his 8 point night for the oilers years back.

you do understand Gagner is a proven nhler, vey is not. The likely hood we obtain gagner isnt high, But it seems like ppl are discounting his production.

He would have been 4th on our team in scoring this past year. Nothing to scoff at imo

Archived