The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gamecenter live

Shirotashi

Just a few questions for anyone who has ever had a subscription to them before. I was just wondering if you can watch games that have already been on, for example i get home at 11pm and the game was on that day can i watch it at that time or do i have to wait for it to go into archives? The other question was how much is it for a full season?

You can watch games anytime. its instant pvr... so you can start if its 10 minutes into the game from the beginning, etc.

As for how much it is, quite a bit... over $100 and that's US dollars so its like $150 Canadian probably for the full season. That's if you buy it from the NHL.

Also, if you use Rogers for internet/cellphone and have the Share Everything/Ignite plan it's free for this upcoming season.

As for archiving, it's "within" 48 hours. So if you're only a few hours behind then...you might be SOL for a while. But like DB said, if you manage to get online during the last few minutes you'll probably be able to rewind to the beginning of the game.

I actually really recommend GCL for people who don't live in BC. My sister and I are both currently studying out on the East Coast and share an account. Now that Rogers has taken over, you can have up to 5 devices connected at the same time. As long as you have a good internet connection I think it's totally worth it. There were loads of times I went out to sports bars in Toronto and they couldn't/wouldn't play the Canucks game, so it's easier to just watch from home. There also weren't any blackouts as far as I could tell this last season...and if there were, you could likely just stream them off TSN/CBC for free anyway.

GCL is really great, since am out of the country and I use it all the time and the best part is that I pay $75 for the regular season and playoffs. Aside from that, I get to watch the games at anytime, even if the game just ended but not sure how it is in BC. The quality is great and I can watch games even on my mobile with 3G speeds.

Archived