The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] If Horvat was GM/Coach...

Horvat

Here is a Summery of what Horvat would do at the helm of the greatest team in the NHL.

Wow! Benning has it in tough with the fans, they moan and groan all day long. Miller sucks we want lack. Well guess what? We aint getting him back so chill and check what time it is. I would Keep Miller.

Sedins are slow? who cares it's pre-season, people who are talking like this now are in my opinion flip-flop fans... the kind of fans who, before a game go off and tout how good the team is and by the end of the game your putting all the plahyers down and usually the goalie.

Burrows will be fine this year no doubt, a top line with the sedins will probably do better this year because Burrows will be another season past his slough of injuries.

Baertschi needs to be paired with Horvat in my opinion. They are both young and know how to play the game at a high pace. Although maybe Baertschi and Sutter can work in some chemistry.

Vrbata basically has the 2nd line left wing position on lock and should stabalize the 2nd line who ever plays on it.

The 3rd line right wing position is up for grabs this year who will claim it, the candidates unclude, Higgins, Gaunce, Kenins, and Virtanen and so far none of them have really made cases for themselves. Gaunce is ahed of the pack this hear due to a good showing so far this pre-season and the recent injury to Chris Higgins. Gaunce should get a 9 game look especially if plays well into the season maybe our former 1st rounder is ready for the show?

If we were going to trade any vets i would assume right now it would be between Higgins and Hansen so keep your eyes out for them in the headlines if Gaunce, Kenins or Virtanen end up impressing the brass.

Hansen is expected to play this season in the 3rd line left wing position unless GM Jim Benning is faced with a push from both Kenins and Virtanen and Gaunce all at the same... Like a 3 way.. no 4 way. Another thing to note is Kenins will be our 13th forward due to the fact he has a 1 way contract.

Prust and Dorsett were expected to play with Vey on the 4th line but so far Vey has not been able to outperform ANY players at camp whilst McCann continues to impress and could steal the spot, Friesen also scored a goal and is a player who has been highly touted by Green in Utica.

The defence is pretty much shored up. Especially with Hutton who should go play in Utica for a season at least, playing big minutes for that kind of young defenceman is criticall that leaves Edler and Tanev on the top pairing with Yannik Weber and Hamhuis rounding out the top 4

The bottom pairing this year should consist of Sbisa and Bartkowski. This allows Willie D to match his D pairings with any forward line from the apposing team. Bartkowskis defensive puckmoving style should allow Sbisa to "let loose" and just play hockey. It's obvious that ther will be Injuries across the board, we will have Corrado who can slap on the skate at any time and player like grenier who can be called up at anytime.

Markstrom should get 20-30 games this season in the big league and will do lotts of work with Rollie... Hopefully in a few season he will be ready for the starting roll. If Marky consistantly puts up good numbers and continue to progress i think he could surpass Miller in a season and a half at the shortest especially if Miller has a serious injury.

Statestical Projections:

Names (Goals) + (Assists) = (Points)

Henrik Sedin (20-25) + (55-65) = (75-90)

Daniel Sedin (20-30) + (50-65) = (70-95)

Radim Vrbata (25-30) + (25-35) = (50-65)

Sven Baertschi (15-25) + (30-40) = (45-65)

Alex Burrows (20-25) + (20-30) = (40-55)

Brandon Sutter (20-30) + (15-25) = (35-55)

Bo Horvat (15-25) + (15-30) = (30-55)

Alex Edler (10-15) + (20-30) = (30-45)

Yannik Weber (10-20) + (15-20) = (25-40)

Jake Virtanen (10-20) + (10-20) = (20-40)

Brendan Gaunce (5-15) + (15-25) = (20-35)

Brandon Prust (5-10) + (10-15) = (15-25)

Darek Dorsett (5-15) + (15-20) = (20-35)

Jared McCann (10-15) + (10-20)

Chris Tanev (5-10) + (15-20) = (20-30)

Luca Sbisa (5-10) + (15-20) = (20-30)

Dan Hamhuis (5-10) + (20-25) = (25-35)

Matt Bartkowski (2-5) + (10-20) = (12-25)

Seeing any of these players go below there "low" projection would be a concern to me, how high the players point totals are don't concern me as long as they are not too low. I also think that if somehow all of players reached there max potential for this season, (unlikely) we would look more like stanley cup favourites.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Baertschi - Horvat/Sutter - Vrbata

Gaunce - Sutter/Horvat - Virtanen

Prust - McCann - Dorsett

Kenins

Edler - Tanev

Weber - Hamhuis

Bartkowski - Sbisa

Corrado

Miller

Markstrom

how can you disagree? C'mon...

*storms into the player's washroom and stares at his own reflection*

"YOU SORRY SACK OF $&!#. WHAT KIND OF EFFORT WAS THAT OUT THERE?"

"Uh-uh I'm sorry coach I was trying I really was I -"

"YOU THINK I HIRED MYSELF TO WATCH MYSELF PLAY LIKE A SLOBBERING BEER LEAGUE NEANDERTHAL?"

"Well maybe if you weren't such an incompetent-"

"DON'T PUSH ME"

"player, coach, and GM we wouldn't be in this situation"

"OK. THAT'S IT."

Why_fb2e56_965146.gif

*storms into the player's washroom and stares at his own reflection*

"YOU SORRY SACK OF crap. WHAT KIND OF EFFORT WAS THAT OUT THERE?"

"Uh-uh I'm sorry coach I was trying I really was I -"

"YOU THINK I HIRED MYSELF TO WATCH MYSELF PLAY LIKE A SLOBBERING BEER LEAGUE NEANDERTHAL?"

"Well maybe if you weren't such an incompetent-"

"DON'T PUSH ME"

"player, coach, and GM we wouldn't be in this situation"

"OK. THAT'S IT."

Why_fb2e56_965146.gif

best reaction evr

I'm disappointed, I thought this thread would actually be about Bo Horvat taking over the team as coach/GM.

and it will be

When Horvat retires in 21 years with 6 cups having only played with one team his entire career surpassing messier as what some believe the best captain in nhl history.

Duh

Archived